V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Dual exhaust installed....what ya think?

Search this Thread

Old 7/20/07, 07:08 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dual exhaust installed....what ya think?

I had duals installed this past Tuesday;

Old 7/20/07, 08:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
sound clip??
Old 7/20/07, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

looks great nice job with the cutouts as well,
Old 7/21/07, 05:36 AM
V6 Member

Looks great! Very professional. Did you choose an H or X pipe?
Old 7/21/07, 06:33 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks great. I had the Magnaflow dual exhaust installed on Thursday.
Old 7/21/07, 09:01 AM
GT Member

I'll try to get a sound clip for you guys.
They are Pypes Performance X-pipe, mid pipe with GT Mufflers. The guys at the shop told me the x-pipe kit I bought from V6MustangStuff fits like a glove, but the mufflers were a bite to get on. They build race cars, so they are very particular about the way things look. They cut the hanger on the right muffler closes to the tip, flipped it and welded it back on. That way it fits in the hole like it's supposed to. On the left side, they drilled the notch out that is used for the GT and made a bracket for it.
There is plenty of clearance, so no worry about it melting the bumper. So far, no rattles or any other strange noises.

Thanks for all the compliments.....I'm very satisfied with their work.
Old 7/21/07, 10:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 07V6STANG
I'll try to get a sound clip for you guys.
They are Pypes Performance X-pipe, mid pipe with GT Mufflers. The guys at the shop told me the x-pipe kit I bought from V6MustangStuff fits like a glove, but the mufflers were a bite to get on. They build race cars, so they are very particular about the way things look. They cut the hanger on the right muffler closes to the tip, flipped it and welded it back on. That way it fits in the hole like it's supposed to. On the left side, they drilled the notch out that is used for the GT and made a bracket for it.
There is plenty of clearance, so no worry about it melting the bumper. So far, no rattles or any other strange noises.

Thanks for all the compliments.....I'm very satisfied with their work.
I also just ordered the Pypes X-Pipe kit from V6 Mustang Stuff, glad to hear it fits good!. Mine should be here on wednesday. Im using the Borla Stinger mufflers though, hopefully it sounds good.
Old 7/21/07, 11:54 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice results, job well done.
Old 7/21/07, 06:05 PM
GT Member

Beach Ford, Barton Ford, Lincoln Mercury. Your plate frame makes that daggone song pop in my head lol. It looks great though, I think I forgot to say that in the other thread somewhere else, when I said that the mufflers look like they hang lower than mine. Don't you feel so much better looking at the back of your car now?
Old 7/21/07, 07:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by pantera72
Beach Ford, Barton Ford, Lincoln Mercury. Your plate frame makes that daggone song pop in my head lol. It looks great though, I think I forgot to say that in the other thread somewhere else, when I said that the mufflers look like they hang lower than mine. Don't you feel so much better looking at the back of your car now?

Thanks Pantera72, yes, I love the way they look and sound. I think the guys at the shop are eager for me to put a supercharger in it now.

Yeah, that commercial will drive you crazy! Are you from this area?
Old 7/21/07, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Are you from this area?
Norfolk...
Old 7/22/07, 11:07 AM
GT Member

Norfolk...
I was born in Norfolk, but I live in Chesapeake. I pass by three Ford Dealers to get to Beach Ford. So far, they have treated me just right.
Old 7/22/07, 07:12 PM
GT Member

I was born in Norfolk, but I live in Chesapeake. I pass by three Ford Dealers to get to Beach Ford. So far, they have treated me just right.
I haven't been back to the dealer since I bought my car in oct-sept "05". The darn thing just hasn't had any problems other than the stupid trunk trim plastic screws that keep popping out.
Old 7/22/07, 08:26 PM
GT Member

I haven't been back to the dealer since I bought my car in oct-sept "05". The darn thing just hasn't had any problems other than the stupid trunk trim plastic screws that keep popping out.
Which dealer did you buy it from?
When I went in this past Dec. my intentions were to go in and purchase a Van/Truck and "look" at the Mustangs. Since I sold my GT a few years ago, my husband knew I wanted another Mustang, so he and I looked at what they had on the lot. Much to my surprise, they didn't have ANY manuals At the time, they had the $1000 off incentives, so I jumped on it.
When I told the guy what I wanted he had to search on the Internet to their sister dealership in Newport News. My luck the car I wanted was on a car carrier being delivered. I told the salesmen, "Go Get My Car!" So that day, I didn't purchase just one vehicle....I bought two!
Old 7/24/07, 01:34 PM
Cobra R Member

Nice job, very clean install.
Old 7/24/07, 03:04 PM
GT Member

Which dealer did you buy it from?
When I went in this past Dec. my intentions were to go in and purchase a Van/Truck and "look" at the Mustangs. Since I sold my GT a few years ago, my husband knew I wanted another Mustang, so he and I looked at what they had on the lot. Much to my surprise, they didn't have ANY manuals At the time, they had the $1000 off incentives, so I jumped on it.
When I told the guy what I wanted he had to search on the Internet to their sister dealership in Newport News. My luck the car I wanted was on a car carrier being delivered. I told the salesmen, "Go Get My Car!" So that day, I didn't purchase just one vehicle....I bought two!
Freedom...I really don't know much about them though as far as quality of service,because like I said I haven't been back to the dealer since I got my car.
Old 7/30/07, 06:02 PM
V6 Member

im getting my 6 dualed was it easy to cut the bumper and what did u use...thanks
Old 7/30/07, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by salsa037
im getting my 6 dualed was it easy to cut the bumper and what did u use...thanks
I cut my bumper last weekend for my duals, which are going on tomorrow. I used a piece of cardboard to make a templete, then i traced the templete onto the car and then cut it out using a dremel. Overall it was pretty easy and turned out good.
Old 7/30/07, 07:15 PM
GT Member

is it me? or does those mufflers hang low? they look huge under there.
Old 7/30/07, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jizabel
is it me? or does those mufflers hang low? they look huge under there.
The V6 rear bumper doesn't have the same depth as the GT rear bumper.

Quick Reply: Dual exhaust installed....what ya think?