V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Coffin muffler

Search this Thread

Old 7/9/05, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defiant - I was going to ask you about that, because I haven't had anything like you've mentioned yet. Glad to hear you've pinpointed it.

I'm still digging the heck out of my coffin - I'm a big dork and keep rolling my windows down whenever I go under an overpass or through a tunnel, because it sounds SO good!

Oh, and in your original review you'd said folks had pulled over so you could pass them, and I admit I thought you were blowing things a smidge out of proportion - until it happened to me. Repeatedly. And, like you, I'm not tailgating or threatening to mow anyone down.

Come to think of it, nobody's revved at me at the lights in a while, either. Which is good, because it KILLS me to turn down a challenge but a ticket would be worse than a loss.

~Bel
Old 9/28/05, 06:04 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
After a Little Vacation The Coffins Are Back!

kc
Old 10/3/05, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

I have a coffin also. I posted on it a while back. Ive had mine on for the last 3 months. I was really impressed with the fit and finish. I got mine in black so it blends in underneath and all you see is the nice stainless tip. The sounds pretty good too, not the same as duals but half the price. Wish they would come out with a kit so I could add the left side (from his gt kit). As for performance I didnt have a dyno but at the track it was good for about .10 off my 1/4.
Old 10/3/05, 10:19 AM
GT Member

could you please PM or email me when you put some more 4.0L mufflers up for sale?
Old 10/3/05, 10:28 AM

DONE!
Old 10/3/05, 11:11 AM

http://terrence-mann.com/mustang/muffler/
Old 11/19/05, 08:30 AM

http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBa...oletek&frm=1728
http://terrence-mann.com/mustang/muffler/ v6
http://terrence-mann.com/mustang/muffler/v8.html v8

Most Everybody who has got Them Loved them ! Ck The Feedback!

kc

Does The Name THE COFFIN MUFFLER bother People? Personally I like the Name course my BLACK GT is Called The CULT GT. Anybody Got an Idea for a Different Name? Do you Think it Needs a Different Name?

kc

[attachmentid=39038][attachmentid=39039]
[attachmentid=39041][attachmentid=39040]
[attachmentid=39042][attachmentid=39043]
Old 11/19/05, 09:11 AM
MSP
Banned

The most unfortunate thing about this, is the muffler is not properly shown with a good XPIPE or HPIPE dual exhaust system..

The sound of the car in the clips truley frightend me.. :shock:

This is because the sound is a mis-representation of what the 05V6 can actually sound like.. That is a deep throaty idle, along with a deep throaty acceleration...

Now, personally based on what I have heard, this muffler will do well on an XPIPE or HPIPE dual exhaust system.. This is because the 2005+ V6 does not make the deep throaty sound at the mufflers.. It makes it as it exits the XPIPE or HPIPE crossover.. So this means, any muffler will have the deep throaty sound from the 05V6 when setup with a X or HPIPE..

Unfortunately, the sound clips in this thread, are not giving the Coffin Muffler a good representation, because the car has a single exhaust system, which uses a y pipe, which not not properly crossover the banks of the engine to create a deeper sounding exhaust...
Old 11/19/05, 09:16 AM

Maybe It's Time to do a Dual Setup! BTW Clips can be Misleading . BTW COFFIN, FRIGHTEND I get it.

Thanks!
Old 11/19/05, 09:26 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by 05stangkc@November 19, 2005, 8:19 AM
Maybe It's Time to do a Dual Setup! BTW Clips can be Misleading . BTW COFFIN, FRIGHTEND I get it.

Thanks!

Thats my point to this reply... To sell lots of these mufflers, you must sell them with a sound based off of the X or HPIPE dual exhaust.. This way the sound your trying to convey to us, will be represented properly..

Now, dont get me wrong.. I can tell the mufflers are really good based off of the sound clips, and my knowledge of what is taking place.. So you have got me sold on them... But the vast majority of 05+V6 owners new to the exhaust system may not be overly impressed with the mufflers based on the crossover type used on the test vehicle, which doesnt allow a proper crossover to create the deep throaty sound..

So yes, install the X or HPIPE onto the vehicle, and watch the sales numbers increase 5 fold..

How soon can you get this done? I would suggest for the maximum effect, to go with an HPIPE.. This will give you the most throaty sound with a deep idle and acceleration.. This will cast the coffin mufflers into a different light with the community!
Old 11/19/05, 09:39 AM

I have had some inquires on the Dual Setup. Also I sell a lot of GT Brackets and TailPipes for the V6 to Gt Dual Conversion. I believe I have a Used 05 on The Lot that could Probably be Used as a Mule. I will get with Newberry on doing this. If anybody has some Undercar pics of the Hot Setups it would be appreciated. Also there would be the Matter of Modified V6 Bumper vs Retrofit Gt Bumper Fit Considerations. Any Helpful Comments would be appreciated. I Pushed for the V6 Coffins for my TMS Members back when the Aftermarket was Pretty much Catering to the Gt Crowd. It's Obvious that the V6 Guys are Plentiful and want a quality Product.

kc
Old 11/19/05, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by MSP@November 19, 2005, 11:29 AM
Thats my point to this reply... To sell lots of these mufflers, you must sell them with a sound based off of the X or HPIPE dual exhaust.. This way the sound your trying to convey to us, will be represented properly..

Now, dont get me wrong.. I can tell the mufflers are really good based off of the sound clips, and my knowledge of what is taking place.. So you have got me sold on them... But the vast majority of 05+V6 owners new to the exhaust system may not be overly impressed with the mufflers based on the crossover type used on the test vehicle, which doesnt allow a proper crossover to create the deep throaty sound..

So yes, install the X or HPIPE onto the vehicle, and watch the sales numbers increase 5 fold..

How soon can you get this done? I would suggest for the maximum effect, to go with an HPIPE.. This will give you the most throaty sound with a deep idle and acceleration.. This will cast the coffin mufflers into a different light with the community!

Going with the H pipe is something I am considering from my original X Pipe conversion plan. However, I cannot find a H pipe for the 05 V6's. I will have to get a generic one, or have one made. I sent JBA an email to see if they just sell the H pipe section of thier kit.

Any suggestions on this?
Old 11/19/05, 09:50 AM

OK V6 Guys Here is your Chance to have a Dual Setup per Your Spec's I await the BrainStorming. X or H Pro's and Con's

kc
Old 11/19/05, 09:51 AM

We could fabricate a H pipe with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-5-Stainle...1QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11/19/05, 09:52 AM

Originally posted by 05stangkc@November 19, 2005, 11:53 AM
OK V6 Guys Here is your Chance to have a Dual Setup per Your Spec's I await the BrainStorming. X or H Pro's and Con's

kc

From what I read, X flows better and is the best choice for performance and H sounds better because of the way it mixes the gasses.
Old 11/19/05, 10:06 AM
MSP
Banned

I have an XPIPE setup.. I currently am using 2 15" Magnaflow resonators.. This type of setup produces a really deep sound at take off.. Idle's like a V8, and produces an almost instant low torque acceleration..

I know how good the XPIPE sounds.. I can vouch for this.. I am convinced based on my experience with the exhaust system on the 05V6 that an HPIPE most likley would deepen the tone over the XPIPE.. This is hard to explain, because I love my XPIPE.. But since both sides of the engine banks can flow through easier, the tone it creates is good.. The HPIPE will cause the exhuast gasses to hang out slightly longer than the XPIPE causing them to heatup slightly more, which would creat a deeper sound.. This is what I believe..

Lets focus primarily on sound for now.. Getting into the engine gains, one versus the other could get dicey...

I suggest since the primary mission is to enhance the sound of the coffin Mufflers, use the HPIPE for its ability to create the deepest tone..

The muffler shop you have do the install can create, or will have an HPIPE on hand..
Old 11/19/05, 10:27 AM
MSP
Banned

Ok guys, to put an end to any speculation, I have just purchased a MAC Pro-Chamber.. I will swap this out with my XPIPE, so we can put an end to any speculation..

The Pro-Chamber should be even deeper than a regular H-PIPE, because it will force the exhaust gases to stay even longer than a regular HPIPE..

I'll let you know, when I get it installed, and create a soundfile, I will then send to someone for upload and hosting.. Most lilkey in the next few weeks..

This is my new Pro-Chamber.. We will get to the bottom of this! I need to know! LOL!!

Next will be LongTube Headers from SSM..
Old 11/19/05, 10:28 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 19, 2005, 12:09 PM
I have an XPIPE setup.. I currently am using 2 15" Magnaflow resonators.. This type of setup produces a really deep sound at take off.. Idle's like a V8, and produces an almost instant low torque acceleration..

I know how good the XPIPE sounds.. I can vouch for this.. I am convinced based on my experience with the exhaust system on the 05V6 that an HPIPE most likley would deepen the tone over the XPIPE.. This is hard to explain, because I love my XPIPE.. But since both sides of the engine banks can flow through easier, the tone it creates is good.. The HPIPE will cause the exhuast gasses to hang out slightly longer than the XPIPE causing them to heatup slightly more, which would creat a deeper sound.. This is what I believe..

Lets focus primarily on sound for now.. Getting into the engine gains, one versus the other could get dicey...

I suggest since the primary mission is to enhance the sound of the coffin Mufflers, use the HPIPE for its ability to create the deepest tone..
The muffler shop you have do the install can create, or will have an HPIPE on hand..

I'll give my exhaust guy a call about it first thing monday. I have been putting off getting my Y pipe taken out because I was determined to get my TLOK and gears......I may be able to squeze this in before the holidays....it shouldn't cost much considering I have most of the piping already.
Old 11/19/05, 10:39 AM
MSP
Banned

MAC Pro-Chamber

I hope this thing kicks azz.. I am sure this will no doubt be the best sound we can produce with the 05V6..
Old 11/19/05, 10:46 AM

Originally posted by MSP@November 19, 2005, 12:42 PM
MAC Pro-Chamber
I hope this thing kicks azz.. I am sure this will no doubt be the best sound we can produce with the 05V6..

darn!!! Yea, I saw this once before.....may have to look into it. Well I just found out my mod funds will be jacked up in January, so I am sure this could be added to the menu.

Quick Reply: Coffin muffler