V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

C&L kit revisited on the dyno....

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/06, 05:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

I took a rental unit to a new dyno in my area and got some good results. We didn't do a stock run for comparision because it was soo late and I had to get the car back to the place, didn't wanna pay for an extra day.

Either way I checked the a/f ratio for the kits that I've sent out and with this car and they were just a bit lean, not a 14.5 but rather a 13.4 at highest. Still a safe a/f ratio, I did make an adjustment and brought it down to a lower setting where I like to see it.

I think Gary's run may have not been made in a fashion that took the PCM into open loop fuel controll. When the PCM is in closed loop it will do everything in it's power to make it run 14.6 or as close to it as it can. I was able to get the car to kinda do the same thing when I went to WOT but did it at 3/4 throttle and the a/f didn't goto the set parameters and ran 14.4 all the way across the board.

The numbers were good still, I didn't get the sheet but I will if I get a chance to go back tonight, I dont like posting numbers unless I have sheets to prove them so I'll gladly put them up when I return home.

As for those with C&L kits if you would like revised tuned I would gladly send them to you at no charge. Just shoot me an email with your car's specs. It may be later this week before I send them out but I will gladly do this for you.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 1/23/06, 05:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the numbers (not to mention getting my C&L and Xcal2 and Bama tunes )
Old 1/23/06, 06:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts
Doug,
So, do I need a new set of tunes or is the last updated set you sent me OK?
Is there anything different I need to have the guy do when I go back to the dyno?
I don't know what the PCM loop stuff is.
Thanks.
Old 1/23/06, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Doug... I'd love the new tunes. I sent you an email a day or two ago with my current mods. Thanks for all of your hard work!

What's this "magic" auto tune I keep hearing about?!
Old 1/23/06, 06:41 PM
V6 Member

Doug, I tried your website over the weekend to see if you sold the c&L kits. I got the xcal II from you this last summer with a tune for a steeda cai. But I havent bought one yet and I was probably just gonna go with the c&l now. If you sell the c&l how much with a tune?
Old 1/23/06, 07:52 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 23, 2006, 9:31 PM
Doug... I'd love the new tunes. I sent you an email a day or two ago with my current mods. Thanks for all of your hard work!

What's this "magic" auto tune I keep hearing about?!
Do you mean the Torque tune?
Old 1/23/06, 07:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gary... maybe you could chime in on the auto magic tune... you're the only one I know that has it!
Old 1/23/06, 09:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've got the 87 & 93 octane performance tunes and a 93 octane torque tune.
I don't know if that 's the "magic" tune that was talked about.
The torque tune does pull a lot harder on the low end. The rear end hooks up better than the performance tune. But the performance tune gives you more top end. I posted what Doug told me in one of the other threads, I don't remember which one though. He explained the difference between the tunes. Actually I thought all three tunes were magic based on the difference they made in driveability and throttle response. If I've got the "magic" tune I didn't know it!
Old 1/23/06, 11:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gary... hmm.. maybe I was thinking of someone else. I have the same three tunes.

OK... Doug emailed me the updated C&L tunes tonight... anyone know how to get them downloaded onto the X-cal 2?!
Old 1/24/06, 02:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by hamidlmt@January 24, 2006, 2:06 AM
Gary... hmm.. maybe I was thinking of someone else. I have the same three tunes.

OK... Doug emailed me the updated C&L tunes tonight... anyone know how to get them downloaded onto the X-cal 2?!
Load them up with the Extreme Tune software and then click "program xcal 2".
Old 1/24/06, 05:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Jimp@January 24, 2006, 1:18 AM
Load them up with the Extreme Tune software and then click "program xcal 2".
I keep getting an error: [Warning -.xtr file error. Make sure Advantage 2.7.0.5 or greater was used to create this file.] I'll check into the SCT forums. Thanks!
Old 1/24/06, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

These are the instructions I used to do mine. Hope they help. I downloaded the tunes to my desktop. Then I used the disk Doug sent me that has the Extreme Tuning software and the Xcal2 drivers on it. I downloaded the software to my computer then followed his directions. I did get an error message when I tried to load the tunes into the Xcal but it was just because I used a name for the tunes that didn't work. When I renamed them they went in fine.

"If you need either the Extreme Tuning software or a guide on how to use it please goto http://www.sctflash.com/ and the downloads area under support for guides and downloads.

First connect your X-2 to your PC and it will bring up a box that says looking for the drivers. Select to point to the folder where the driver's are at, dont install the driver's automatically because windows wont find them. Once you have installed the drivers it should bring up a box that says your drivers are installed and the device is operating properly. Then goto Extreme Tuning software and open it. Next to one of the white spaces is a box with three dots on it. Hit the box and then find the file on your PC that I sent you for your new gears. Select it in that box. Hit the " Program X-cal 2" box on the right hand part of the screen and another window will open where you will then name the file. Once you have named it simply hit program X-cal and it will upload the new tune.

You can goto http://www.sctflash.com/ and the downloads area under support and there's a tutorial there for how to use the Extreme Tuning software if this doesnt help."
Old 1/24/06, 06:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Gary... thanks! Maybe the files are just name oddly. I'll retry later in the day.
Old 1/24/06, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hamid, forgot to mention, when I tried to put "C&L" in the name it did not work.
I tried "93perfC&L373" and it did not work. When I tried "93perf373" it worked.
I think it had something to do with the "&" but I'm not sure.
Old 1/24/06, 02:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Still no go with the tunes... I keep getting this message: [Warning -.xtr file error. Make sure Advantage 2.7.0.5 or greater was used to create this file.]

I emailed Doug about it.
Old 1/25/06, 06:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey guys,

That message is something that SCT has had for over a year now. See, we update our software with them nearly everyday and it seems that sometimes they forget to do what ever it takes to remove that message and then for a couple of different versions the customers get that responce. I spoke with them about it Monday as it started as early as last week and they said they had it fixed but evidently not yet. I will contact them today about it and tell them they dont have it and REALLY need to.

I'm Sorry about all of the Issues!!

THanks, Doug.
Old 1/25/06, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

No worries Doug... I really appreciate you checking into it!
Old 1/25/06, 09:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

The issue has been resolved... Thanks!! Doug.
Old 1/26/06, 12:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Doug904@January 25, 2006, 9:01 PM
The issue has been resolved... Thanks!! Doug.
yup... the new tunes loaded up just dandy this time!

I just gotta say this... 92 octane performance tune
Old 1/26/06, 09:19 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Mine's on the way....Monday can't get here soon enough

Quick Reply: C&L kit revisited on the dyno....