V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

ARRGGH Vortech has had my car for 42 days and counting! MSP anyone please chime in!

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/06, 08:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry ARRGGH Vortech has had my car for 42 days and counting! MSP anyone please chime in!

For anyone that has received a free S/C from Vortech can anyone tell me their turnaround time? I was told that it would take a few weeks, five at the most but it keeps dragging on. At this point they've had the car for 42 days. The most recent update from last friday-they have told me they will need it for at least a few more weeks!!

I know for now they are selling the v6 s/c's as emissions legal in California, however, they are telling me that the emissions lab is having issues with ECU calibration (it must be an anomaly since I don't think there are any mechanical differences b/w the 05 and 06's). Renting a car has been getting pretty expensive and it could very well extend to over 7 weeks or more.

I understand that I'm lucky to get this supercharger , but I haven't been able to even think about selling it. Fortunately, I've been able to land a job in a very short time where I think I can now keep the car.

Sorry, I'm just venting, but I hope there aren't any mechanical issues with my car because the s/c has already been installed for a few weeks. I planned for 5 weeks, but it would be nice to have my car back!!
Old 6/9/06, 09:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they blew a hole through your block.
Old 6/10/06, 11:16 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by Ghettobooty
For anyone that has received a free S/C from Vortech can anyone tell me their turnaround time? I was told that it would take a few weeks, five at the most but it keeps dragging on. At this point they've had the car for 42 days. The most recent update from last friday-they have told me they will need it for at least a few more weeks!!

I know for now they are selling the v6 s/c's as emissions legal in California, however, they are telling me that the emissions lab is having issues with ECU calibration (it must be an anomaly since I don't think there are any mechanical differences b/w the 05 and 06's). Renting a car has been getting pretty expensive and it could very well extend to over 7 weeks or more.

I understand that I'm lucky to get this supercharger , but I haven't been able to even think about selling it. Fortunately, I've been able to land a job in a very short time where I think I can now keep the car.

Sorry, I'm just venting, but I hope there aren't any mechanical issues with my car because the s/c has already been installed for a few weeks. I planned for 5 weeks, but it would be nice to have my car back!!
They had my car for 30 days... However, every car is different and are subject to problems which could arise specifically for your car.. What type of Mustang do you own? A V6 or GT?
Old 6/10/06, 11:21 AM
MSP
Banned

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Maybe they blew a hole through your block.
This is possible if he owns a GT.. Not if he owns a V6.. The V6 has Forged Steel rods and a Cast Iron Block.. The theory is, the V6 could actually hold onto 16psi reliably right now.. Noone has tried it yet, however GT's have been to 18psi on stock internals with a Water/Meth mix with no issues.. This is with cracked and powder coated rods with an aluminum block.. The V6 has the same piston material as the 4.6L but is reinforced with forged steel rods and a cast iron block..

Both motors are pretty stout, however both will not tolerate much detonation..

It is highley unlikley that this type of issue has occured.. It could simply be that Vortech may have a red tape issue they are dealing with, and needs his car longer.. The shop at Vortech has numerous well trained mechanics and engineers, and programmers... I can understand the frustration of GhettoBooty, because he is so close.. But somehow he must maintain some type of dignified perspective on this and give them the benfit of the doubt..

If Vortech did pop his motor they would replace it.. However, this is pretty close to impossible because they maintain a strict progam in regards to tunning.. The only way is if his engine had some type of irregularity which showed up.. But if that was the case, they would have told him this info by now...

So his motor is safe, and it is most likley a red tape issue with the state which is holding things up..
Old 6/10/06, 01:08 PM

Maybe they blew his drive shaft on the dyno like EE did on Afixers car. It could be anything really. The point is the car is safe, just been quite a while for him.

@GB,

Have you emailed Forced about this?
Old 6/10/06, 07:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Lol, you V6 guys are cool. I was just playin around about the BOOM thing. Its pretty wicked that like the entire V6 forum backs your up though.
Old 6/12/06, 04:07 PM
V6 Member

There are always differences now a days with the computers in these cars...nothing is wrong with your car.