V6 Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang V6 Performance and Technical Information

Another grille conversion topic

Search this Thread

Old 3/8/05, 10:33 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how much do these kits cost.i will probably get one soon.but i need to read up a little more about other guys conversions to see how much work it will take.also if any company is going to come out with one thats specifically desinged for the v6, i hope.

peace
Old 3/8/05, 03:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by raekwon888@March 8, 2005, 12:36 PM
how much do these kits cost.i will probably get one soon.but i need to read up a little more about other guys conversions to see how much work it will take.also if any company is going to come out with one thats specifically desinged for the v6, i hope.

peace
I could almost guarantee you that there will be a kit out for the v6 before long. Major companies are only just not starting to even look at options for the v6. Heck, theres still only one CAI out right now. I think if you just give it a little while you'll see one out. You might want to check out some of the other options people have been doing.. getting sport utility/offroad lights and wiring them. They look pretty good.
Old 3/9/05, 11:23 PM

The kits go from $329 with free shipping to $335 or so plus shipping on Ebay. I have also seen them on some Ford dealers web sites for around $269 with out a wiring harness or instructions...plus shipping.

If you are going to get a part here and there, you can keep your eye out on ebay or the forums parts sections for the grille and the fog lights. But you will still need to figure the wiring in somewhere.
Old 3/10/05, 09:16 AM
V6 Member

and you sell the whole kit with the wiring and everything included for 329 right charl?
Old 3/10/05, 09:19 PM

Yes, the kit comes with everything...grille, fog lights, wiring harness, instructions. For between 329 and 335, depending on if you find it on auction or buy it out of the ebay store.
Old 3/11/05, 01:16 PM
V6 Member

hey charlie^

I emailed you before through Ebay lol, I almost bought your kit last night but had to pay a bill.
I think maybe end April begging of MAY i'm gonna get one
are you gonna keep them at the current price for good?

Thanks- Zach
Old 3/12/05, 07:47 AM

Well this has been a hot topic and it is difficult in understand from low res pictures just how the GT grille conversion works or looks. So for any of you out there that are in the Orlando area this weekend. There is a "yellow mustang registry" car show going on and Danny, the member that posted on this subject with the yellow mustang V6 with the black stripes, will have his car at the show. If any of you are interested in getting an up close look, talking to Danny, or just enjoying a bunch of much of Mustangs in one spot, stop by!

Charlie
Old 3/12/05, 08:47 PM
Rik
GT Member

I'm in Orlando, and I did get the chance to stop by the show this afternoon. Unfortunately I couldn't stay long, and wasn't able to meet Dan, but I did get a good look at his car. And it happened to be parked right next to a yellow 2005 GT, so I could make a real side-by-side comparison.
The verdict? This conversion looks good. I admit I had my doubts, as I've seen such grille swaps done badly, but Charlie's method really seems to work.
On the GT, the bumper is molded to accept the lower lip of the GT grille, which sort of nestles right in. The way Dan's car is done, the lip sticks out a fraction of an inch and sits above the the bumper. But you'd have to get down on your hands and knees and look at it *really* close to see this. From any normal view it looks perfectly fine.
So, my apologies to Charlie for an earlier post in which I lumped him in with others who have tried to do this grille swap without taking the time to get it right.

Myself--I have the Mr. Wick conversion.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?ac...e=post&id=14568
Which works fine if you are on a limited budget and/or prefer the look of smaller foglights. But if you want the GT look, this would seem to be the way to go.
Old 3/12/05, 09:16 PM
V6 Member

thanks for the pictures^^^ I'm sold I'm picking this kit up next month
Old 3/12/05, 09:42 PM
Bullitt Member

i see gt foglights for sale on sites, the lights, no the rill and stuff, so couldnt i just buy the 2 lights, and the wiring, and drill holes in a stock v6 grille? i know people are making holes for a wallmart light, buy wouldnt the GT lights work and look like the gt? if so im gonna work on that over summer
Old 3/12/05, 09:50 PM

I don't think so. The fog lights mounts are not even. They are set up so that left is left and right is right and they don't fit any other way. You may be able to adapt something to it, but you would still not have the trim around the lights if you drill the hole.
Old 3/12/05, 10:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
I know I'm gonna get slapped for this, but...

Lots of talk about GT grills and gaps/overhangs on v6.

I'm more curious about what would a v6 grille look like on a GT's facia?
Sound like it'd fit, but it might not be wide enough? And might be sunken in?

Very curious... Wonder why Ford made the effort to screw this up so much...
Old 3/13/05, 01:09 PM

My measurements indicate that the front of the grilles are the same size (the face) it is the rear of the grilles that are 1/2 inch different. I would think that just as you can get a GT to fit in a V6, you could get a V6 to fit in a GT, but I have not tried this. It is the angle of the bumper cover side pillars that squeezes the GT grille. You would not have this problem going the other way. You will still have the same problem with the bottom tabs not lining up, so you would have to either remove them or cut your bumper cover to accept them (I would suggest cutting the tabs on the grille, not the bumper cover, much cheaper to replace). I would think that you could find a V6 grille from someone that already did the swap that you might be able to pick up cheap.

In any event, Danny is in Orlando at the Yellow Mustang Registry car show and here is his car in the line up for the cruize.
Old 3/13/05, 07:12 PM

Rik,sorry I miss you at the Orlando show,there was a lot going on and I wasnt at the car much.Thank you for your post about the conversion,as I myself have said that once you see the conversion inperson you see that the whole gap issue is really nothing.This was the second time that I was at a show and had a GT parked next to mine and I cannot get over the people doing double takes when I tell them that mine is not a GT.I love the conversion not because I was making a fake GT but because I wanted the lights and I wanted a factory look.Again Rik thanks for the reply and maybe we can hook up some other time and I can show you how it looks under the hood.
Old 3/13/05, 07:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Those are some beautiful ponies...
Old 3/13/05, 07:55 PM
Rik
GT Member

Originally posted by bluequad@March 13, 2005, 8:15 PM
Rik,sorry I miss you at the Orlando show,there was a lot going on and I wasnt at the car much.Thank you for your post about the conversion,as I myself have said that once you see the conversion inperson you see that the whole gap issue is really nothing.This was the second time that I was at a show and had a GT parked next to mine and I cannot get over the people doing double takes when I tell them that mine is not a GT.I love the conversion not because I was making a fake GT but because I wanted the lights and I wanted a factory look.Again Rik thanks for the reply and maybe we can hook up some other time and I can show you how it looks under the hood.
Sounds cool! Your car looks awesome. Where'd you get the stripes??
Old 3/14/05, 05:11 AM

I had them made here in town at a graphic shop.
Old 3/14/05, 07:11 AM
GT Member

guys, you can get it to work without that nasty gap. I was able to get it to at least look halfway decent on mine. See "torchred on 20's" post. any questions where I got the grill PM me.
Old 3/14/05, 10:43 AM

I just dont understand why the whole gap issue has to keep popping up!People are blowing this way out of porportion.Truth be know its NOT A GAP IT ACTUALLY AN OVER HANG!You dont have to sand or cut your grill or even use screws to hold it in.If you got your to work great,but most people cannot do not want to cut a brand new grill,so to keep bringing up the gap is pointless.People do not even notice this, look at the pics they speak for themselves.Rik was a skeptic until he saw mine and look what he posted.I could understand if we were talking about a huge gap but its just not there,the overhang is not bad at all.If you dont want the grille then just dont do it,but to keep throwing this up is pointless.NO ONE NOTICES AND IT LOOKS STOCK ONCE IT IS INSTALLED ON THE CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Anyone who are in the N.Florida area is more that welcome to get with me to look at the finished product first hand.
Old 3/14/05, 10:54 AM
GT Member

BlueQuad - If you don't mind my asking, HOW did you get that bad boy in the passenger side? I wrestled with mine for about an hour! what did I not do right? pulled bumper forward and couldn't clip it in! Drivers side was easy of course but that friggen passenger side!!

Quick Reply: Another grille conversion topic