XCalibrator 2 Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/05, 07:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GOFISCH@August 21, 2005, 4:58 AM
This may help for perspective on the discounts:

Bamachips regular price on the X-cal2: $399.00
Brenspeed regular price on the X-cal2: $369.00

I don't know what they charge for custom tunes. But on a Group Buy the cost can easily be distributed over the entire Buy. I hope Alternative Auto sees this. But I doubt they will compete on pricing. Also, I need to research both companies tunes for the auto tranny. Guess I'll be spending my Sunday reading the boards.
Jeff... I'm curious to find out the results of your research. I'd like to know who has the best tune for the automatic; price to me is secondary.
Old 8/21/05, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by GOFISCH@August 21, 2005, 4:58 AM
This may help for perspective on the discounts:

Bamachips regular price on the X-cal2: $399.00
Brenspeed regular price on the X-cal2: $369.00

I don't know what they charge for custom tunes. But on a Group Buy the cost can easily be distributed over the entire Buy. I hope Alternative Auto sees this. But I doubt they will compete on pricing. Also, I need to research both companies tunes for the auto tranny. Guess I'll be spending my Sunday reading the boards.
The Bama deal at $350 includes three custom tunes for the CAIs listed or the stock setup.

BRENSPEED hasn't clocked in yet.
Old 8/21/05, 10:47 PM
Team Mustang Source

whats brent offering for x-cal2 and what tunes does he have available??
Old 8/22/05, 02:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

is this any different then blowbyblows on ebay for $350?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCT-Xcalibr...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 8/22/05, 06:13 AM
Team Mustang Source

Called Doug this Morning, left him a Voicemail.....
Old 8/22/05, 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally posted by TURBO 05@August 22, 2005, 2:25 AM
is this any different then blowbyblows on ebay for $350?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCT-Xcalibr...sspagenameZWDVW

MaverickMLFD371 Did you call my new number? 205-471-4597 I didn't get a message from you yet?

That's what I call your run of the mill SCT dealer...The programming is good, don't get me wrong as they are the base files provided by SCT. My programs are different in that I've roaded tested and dyno tested many of them and found more of what does even better. Go ahead and get it from them if you're looking to save every dime but I figure if you spend nearly or more then 30K for a car then $25-$50 for true performance isn't going to break the bank.

One thing that jumps out at me is the bottom of the ad, traction controll, injector sizing and MAF adjustments. These functions haven't even been released yet so this is just a click and paste type of ad.

Thanks, Doug.
Old 8/22/05, 09:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi everybody we are finishing pricing this morning. I will post later today.

Old 8/22/05, 09:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

We made the five purchase break point with BamaChips .

I forward your information whenever you PM me as IN.

If you have PM'd me please e-mail Doug at BamaChips@gmail.com and put "Group Purchase from TMS" in the subject line to begin your ordering process.
Old 8/22/05, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

Wish I would have waited a week. :bang:
I just got my X2 from Doug at Bamachips last week at his normal discount price of 385. Very happy with his tune!
Old 8/22/05, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Doug904@August 22, 2005, 8:05 AM
MaverickMLFD371 Did you call my new number? 205-471-4597 I didn't get a message from you yet?
That's what I call your run of the mill SCT dealer...The programming is good, don't get me wrong as they are the base files provided by SCT. My programs are different in that I've roaded tested and dyno tested many of them and found more of what does even better. Go ahead and get it from them if you're looking to save every dime but I figure if you spend nearly or more then 30K for a car then $25-$50 for true performance isn't going to break the bank.
One thing that jumps out at me is the bottom of the ad, traction controll, injector sizing and MAF adjustments. These functions haven't even been released yet so this is just a click and paste type of ad.

Thanks, Doug.

custum tunes are definatly worth the money i agree with you.
Old 8/22/05, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Im lost here who has the best deal on the x-cal2 with custom tune of intake and ram air box also auto trans I want to order but kind of lost
Old 8/22/05, 12:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had talked to Doug a few weeks back but have been extremely busy and couldn't get back to him. Count me in though I just need to figure out what tunes to get.
Old 8/22/05, 12:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok members here is our pricing plan & schedule. You will be happy to know that not only will we offer custom tunes but also air intake tuner packages with your choice of 80mm or 95mm mass air. Please read this entire post as it has a lot of great information.

Wednesday August 24th we will test fit the WMS non ram air intake system on our 05 GT. We will spend the remainder of the week putting miles on the air intake. What we are really looking for here is to determine if having the filter in the engine compartment with no heat shield increases the air inlet temperature vs. a normal side mount air intake set up with a shield like our C&L. Knowing if the air inlet temperature is increased during normal driving will determine some of the tune and also let us know if the HP found on the dyno with the hood up will be accurate vs. the HP found on the street with the hood down. It may be a wash and have no affect on performance but it is something we look at.

Next Monday the 29th we will fine tune the air intake system on the dyno. As normal we will publish stock air box power, power after adding the WMS intake, and then tuned power. We have discussed to the mass air options with WMS and the preliminary thought is the 95mm will be no gain over the 80mm on a mostly stock engine. Again this is something we will know for sure after we dyno BOTH of these systems.

Don’t forget that when we test a new part and it requires a new program we do not charge our current air intake customers for the upgraded program. That means when our BBK throttle bodies are tested next month you pay nothing for new programs if we feel there is a benefit in releasing a new program providing you are buying the part from us. So all of you current and future C&L, K&N, Steeda, and WMS customers out there remember this when our throttle bodies arrive. Same goes with gears if you want a new program to correct your speedo we supply you with this when you purchase our gears.

We are pleased to announce that there is no minimum number of orders to receive our excellent package pricing. We have a history of having really competitive prices and after spending time on this for you we want to be sure you enjoy our work.

All the prices listed below are FREE SHIPPING AND FREE USB CABLE. This is something else we offer on a normal basis so please remember this when thinking about other parts for your 2005 Mustang.

X-calibrator 2 with 3 Brenspeed air intake programs of your choice & USB Cable $369 Free S&H

X-cal 2 tuner package (non ram air)
Includes WMS air intake, X-Cal 2, USB Cable, & 3 Brenspeed programs $639 Free S&H

X-cal 2 tuner package (ram air system)
Includes WMS ram air intake, X-cal 2, USB Cable, & 3 Brenspeed programs $719 Free S&H

Deduct $50 from any of the packages above if you prefer an X-calibrator 1. The X-calibrator 1 will create the same power. It lacks some of the features as the X-cal 2 but does not change performance.

Add $10 to all packages if you do not order by September 1st.

Add $22 for the 90mm upgrade

RESERVE YOURS NOW 574.834.7455 or SALES@BRENSPEED.COM

Old 8/22/05, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by don_w@August 21, 2005, 9:06 PM
Jeff... I'm curious to find out the results of your research. I'd like to know who has the best tune for the automatic; price to me is secondary.

So far its Alternative Auto with specific info. But they don't have a tune for this CAI. I called Friday to ask if they would do a tune for this set up, I was told to call back today. But I didn't get a chance to. I'm going to call both Bama and Brenspeed in the next couple of days to ask about it. I PM'd Doug with a request about this Group Buy, but haven't heard back yet.
Old 8/22/05, 07:26 PM

Originally posted by GOFISCH@August 22, 2005, 6:23 PM
So far its Alternative Auto with specific info. But they don't have a tune for this CAI. I called Friday to ask if they would do a tune for this set up, I was told to call back today. But I didn't get a chance to. I'm going to call both Bama and Brenspeed in the next couple of days to ask about it. I PM'd Doug with a request about this Group Buy, but haven't heard back yet.
Since I'm not interested in the WMS at all (I have the C&L), I'm looking for who would have the best tune for an automatic trans car (with a C&L and 4.10s). Did Alternative Auto have a price for the X2?
Old 8/23/05, 06:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by don_w@August 22, 2005, 9:29 PM
Since I'm not interested in the WMS at all (I have the C&L), I'm looking for who would have the best tune for an automatic trans car (with a C&L and 4.10s). Did Alternative Auto have a price for the X2?

They have two different prices on their website, $399 or $425 they are both for the C&L. I believe the $425 price is for the Auto tranny custom tune.
Old 8/23/05, 08:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

Doug, put me on the list for the group buy for the X-Cal2. I'll give you a call sometime Wed. or Thursday with my information....
Old 8/23/05, 08:55 AM

Originally posted by GOFISCH@August 23, 2005, 5:17 AM
They have two different prices on their website, $399 or $425 they are both for the C&L. I believe the $425 price is for the Auto tranny custom tune.
Thanks, Jeff.
Old 8/23/05, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thumbs down

If you want IN on this deal and would like to purchase from BamaChips . . . . please PM me with your real first/last name and e-mail address so I can add you to the list I am maintaining for the group & BamaChips.

TMS member names appearing below are on the list and can place orders now at the discounted price.

94tbird
LCACGUY
The Lyin' King
Kris9321
WERKED 66
05BlackGT
azlitigator
bpmurr
MaverickMLFD371
Gameon
GTJeff
outdoorstom
RagtopGT

If you are listed here, please e-mail Doug at BamaChips@gmail.com and put "Group Purchase from TMS" in the subject line to begin the ordering process.
Old 8/23/05, 10:35 AM
Team Mustang Source

PM sent

Quick Reply: XCalibrator 2 Group Buy