GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

x cal 2 question

Search this Thread

Old 8/27/05, 11:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a custom tune today after my 410's and cold air were on but i donot like the way it shifts really hard. If i return it to stock willit still run ok?
Old 8/28/05, 03:16 AM
Cobra Member

from what i understand when you put the stock tune back in it is like it was before you put the tune in.....
Old 8/28/05, 06:16 AM
Bullitt Member

I don't know which CAI you purchased, but you will probably get a check engine light and have incorrect air/fuel ratio if you return it to the stock tune with the CAI installed. Get your tuner rep to tweek the tune until it runs like you want it to.

Who ever you bought your SCT2 from should be able to tweek the tunes without any problems. If they don't or can't, I can Highly Recommend Doug at BamaChips.
Old 8/28/05, 06:37 AM
GT Member

if i return it to stock will my gears screw anything up??
Old 8/28/05, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by lightningstang@August 28, 2005, 6:40 AM
if i return it to stock will my gears screw anything up??
I'm not sure. Advise your tuner rep of all the mods before tweeking the tunes. Once they get it perfected, which shouldn't be difficult, I don't think you'll want to go back to stock.
Old 8/28/05, 07:20 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Get your tuner to adjust the tranny shift pressures. They can make it shift softer. It is also possible to adjust the shift pressure using the Extreme Tune software with your Xcal2 hooked up to your computer, but it is a little difficult, and you will need to know the stock settings and what your tuner settings are, since when you use the program, these values won't be displayed.

Best thing to do would be to call you tuner, and ask them to email you a softer shifting tune, download it onto your xcal, and flash the car with it.

Don't return it to stock. The stock tune won't compensate your speedometer for the 4.10 gears, and it will display faster and the miles will had up quicker than what you are actually running. Plus, without the tune, the car won't be optimized for the CAI, and you could be running lean, popping check engine lights all the time.

If your tuner won't help you out, call Doug at Bamachips, he has great customer service and can make you a great tune.
Old 8/28/05, 08:52 AM
GT Member

what is the software needed off the website so i can flash it myself? thanks a bunch guys
Old 8/28/05, 04:06 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by lightningstang@August 28, 2005, 9:55 AM
what is the software needed off the website so i can flash it myself? thanks a bunch guys
Like I said in my previous post, it is the Extreme Tune software. It will allow you to download a new tune into your Xcal2.

Tell you what, go here:

http://www.sctflash.com/downloads.php

Download the Xtreme Personal Tuning Software - Full Install 1.1.1 and install the program. Once you get the program downloaded, installed and running, got to:

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705

and click on USING EXTREME TUNE in the first post. This is a flash demo, and after watching it, you'll know how to select a tune, modify it, and download it to the Xcal2.

It's really easy after you see how to do it once. Also, there is lots more info on that SCT website, or if you can't find it, ask them, or call SCT.

Later,
H
Old 8/28/05, 08:51 PM
Legacy TMS Member

One final tidbit about changing gears on a new 05',not only does it affect the speedo but the throttle systems have a value that has to be changed as well,if not then the Throttle may not accept the new gear change as an acceptable value and think it's doing something wrong and at the least throw a CEL at the most shut down.

Later Doug.
Old 8/28/05, 11:06 PM
GT Member

thanks i had my tuner send me the file back with a better shift pattern so ill try her tomarrow
Old 8/29/05, 04:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Doug904@August 28, 2005, 9:54 PM
One final tidbit about changing gears on a new 05',not only does it affect the speedo but the throttle systems have a value that has to be changed as well,if not then the Throttle may not accept the new gear change as an acceptable value and think it's doing something wrong and at the least throw a CEL at the most shut down.
This is good info, didn't know that. (Then again, I don't know a lot!)
Never heard of a car shutting down for changing the gear ratio, but considering how the computer is linked to and monitoring everything, it makes sense.