GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

WTB: comp cams stage 4 cam, and long tubes

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/07, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTB: comp cams stage 4 cam, and long tubes

I was wondering if anybody wants to sell me a cam and headers? I am looking to buy these items and figured someone might have them sitting around and had second thoughts about installing or something....worth a shot anyway.

looking for a comp cams stage 4 cam with springs and retainers, and a set of long tubes with a catted H or X pipe. if you are interested in selling these let me know!! even if you are a shop and think you have great prices just send me a pm! I have cash in hand.

Thanks!!!
Old 5/2/07, 02:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Faber, there is a group buy for American Racing Long Tubes with either a catted X or their new H pipe going on now. Its a few posts below this one. Check it out, the prices are good.
Old 5/2/07, 03:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Faber
I was wondering if anybody wants to sell me a cam and headers? I am looking to buy these items and figured someone might have them sitting around and had second thoughts about installing or something....worth a shot anyway.

looking for a comp cams stage 4 cam with springs and retainers, and a set of long tubes with a catted H or X pipe. if you are interested in selling these let me know!! even if you are a shop and think you have great prices just send me a pm! I have cash in hand.

Thanks!!!
Give CR @ Tillman a call,he can hook you up with the ARH LT's group buy and he has the Comp cams at a great price too!lol
Old 5/2/07, 05:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I got my ARH longtubes and catted x-pipe from Tillman. Pricing was good quality and fit were excelent. They are the most well made set of headers I have ever seen.
Old 5/2/07, 05:55 PM
Cobra Member

I love the ARH system, but 1400 buck for tubes is just not going to happen. on general principal I refuse to buy a set of tubes for 1400 I dont care if they are made of freakin gold. there is not enough there to justify 1400 of my hard earned dollars. $1000 bucks for cams is also rediculous. I don't have enough disposable income to justify the price bloat that these manufacturers are creating. I figured there might be someone out there that changed their mind, or might be making some headers that work fine without evacuating my wallet as well as my heads....

I dont understand where there is 1400 buck worth of time and material in there...I thinkm it is more like 200 bucks worth of t&m and 1200 in profit. I aint biting.
Old 5/2/07, 06:03 PM
Bullitt Member

You could make you own outta PVC for about $15.
Old 5/2/07, 06:13 PM
Former Vendor

I also carry Kooks, Dynatech, MAC, and many others. Give me a call and we'll get you straightened out at a price you can't beat.

Thanks for the plugs, fellas! It means alot to us! You guys kick ***!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 5/2/07, 07:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Sharky
There's one in every crowd.
Old 5/2/07, 08:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Sharky
that was funny coming from a guy with a V6....
Old 5/2/07, 08:50 PM
Former Vendor

I love the ARH system, but 1400 buck for tubes is just not going to happen. on general principal I refuse to buy a set of tubes for 1400 I dont care if they are made of freakin gold. there is not enough there to justify 1400 of my hard earned dollars. $1000 bucks for cams is also rediculous. I don't have enough disposable income to justify the price bloat that these manufacturers are creating. I figured there might be someone out there that changed their mind, or might be making some headers that work fine without evacuating my wallet as well as my heads....

I dont understand where there is 1400 buck worth of time and material in there...I thinkm it is more like 200 bucks worth of t&m and 1200 in profit. I aint biting.
I have to respectfully disagree. Just the cats that they use alone cost on average $50 dollars more a piece than any other brand out there. They have nearly 150 dollars in cats... buying in quantity. They have flanges which are 3/8" thick laser cut nickel plated flanges. Buying them by anything short of a truckload will still cost you $35 dollars a flange... usually 40. You're already at 220 without any tubing... which is all T304SS. So let's say they use 16 foot of tubing.. that's nearly 150 bucks these days. There's $370 in materials. Now add in 02 sensor bungs, plugs, formed collectors (expensive as all hell) and o2 extensions. You're up to AT MINIMUM buying BULK WHOLESALE $475-500 dollars in material. Then they have to put it all together which takes a good amount of time. Plus the R&D, and proven performance, fitment, etc.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying they don't make a good amount of money. But put all that together... with the overhead costs, and welding wire, employees, etc. You've got about $400 dollars MAXIMUM in profit on a set of headers. Granted, that's good cash.

As for the 1000 dollars for cams. That comes with springs and retainers as well. It's still a little high, but it's not JUST A CAMSHAFT for 1000 bucks. My roller setup in the SBC we're building right now cost nearly 1800 dollars COST for roller rockers, lifters, cam, pushrods, stud girdle. You gotta pay to play.

And to clear up any misconceptions... by the time it gets to the guys like us... the vendors... we're EXTREMELY lucky to make 10% before CC fees due to the price *****s. I'm not complaining or trying to persuade you into any sale. I'm just saying there is WAAAY more than meets the eye.

Good luck in your decision making. There are plenty of affordable quality products out for your car, and if you need absolutely any assistance feel free to give me a shout!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 5/2/07, 09:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
I have to respectfully disagree. Just the cats that they use alone cost on average $50 dollars more a piece than any other brand out there. They have nearly 150 dollars in cats... buying in quantity. They have flanges which are 3/8" thick laser cut nickel plated flanges. Buying them by anything short of a truckload will still cost you $35 dollars a flange... usually 40. You're already at 220 without any tubing... which is all T304SS. So let's say they use 16 foot of tubing.. that's nearly 150 bucks these days. There's $370 in materials. Now add in 02 sensor bungs, plugs, formed collectors (expensive as all hell) and o2 extensions. You're up to AT MINIMUM buying BULK WHOLESALE $475-500 dollars in material. Then they have to put it all together which takes a good amount of time. Plus the R&D, and proven performance, fitment, etc.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying they don't make a good amount of money. But put all that together... with the overhead costs, and welding wire, employees, etc. You've got about $400 dollars MAXIMUM in profit on a set of headers. Granted, that's good cash.

As for the 1000 dollars for cams. That comes with springs and retainers as well. It's still a little high, but it's not JUST A CAMSHAFT for 1000 bucks. My roller setup in the SBC we're building right now cost nearly 1800 dollars COST for roller rockers, lifters, cam, pushrods, stud girdle. You gotta pay to play.

And to clear up any misconceptions... by the time it gets to the guys like us... the vendors... we're EXTREMELY lucky to make 10% before CC fees due to the price *****s. I'm not complaining or trying to persuade you into any sale. I'm just saying there is WAAAY more than meets the eye.

Good luck in your decision making. There are plenty of affordable quality products out for your car, and if you need absolutely any assistance feel free to give me a shout!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Thanks CR! I appreciate the info. I had not shopped headers and cams for the car yet, but when I started shopping them my eyes popped out of my head. I understand these guys are in this to make money, and so are the vendors, and merchants, but these prices are just too high for me to justify. I figured i could get this done for under $2000.00 without trouble, and i woulda lost a bet if I had bet on it before shopping this stuff. I know you gotta pay to play, I just didnt expect it to be outrageous.
Old 5/2/07, 09:58 PM
Former Vendor

Thanks CR! I appreciate the info. I had not shopped headers and cams for the car yet, but when I started shopping them my eyes popped out of my head. I understand these guys are in this to make money, and so are the vendors, and merchants, but these prices are just too high for me to justify. I figured i could get this done for under $2000.00 without trouble, and i woulda lost a bet if I had bet on it before shopping this stuff. I know you gotta pay to play, I just didnt expect it to be outrageous.
Trust me I hear you! The spending never stops! I think you could get away with a MAC setup with cams springs and retainers for right around 2K shipped to the door. It would be a non-catalytic setup.

I'd take the car one step at a time. Maybe some Kooks or Bassani long tubes to begin with... which are usually a hundered or two cheaper than ARH. They're still really nice quality, fitment and performance. From there you save for the cams a few months down the road, and let everything build up.

This way you also get a better idea for which made the best power! Seriously, give me a call and I'll take care of you. I will never steer you wrong into a product you cant use, or don't like!

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 5/3/07, 11:53 AM

CR's the man.
Old 5/3/07, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2006GT500
CR's the man.
+1 CR's The Man!He's helped a lot of members here....
Old 5/3/07, 12:10 PM
Cobra Member

I have heard that quite a bit, and I appreciate all the feedback. looks like I am just going to have to save up some more...
Old 5/3/07, 12:37 PM
FR500 Member

eBay! I got my JBA longtubes on eBay from the powerhouse411 project car. Got them for about $600 bucks as I recall. I had them ceramic coated myself for a couple hundred more. So all in all I saved $400 bucks on a pair of what was then a $1,200 set of headers.
Old 5/3/07, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor

I try... I just don't want Faber to go and buy a cheap set of custom ground cams and a mac setup to find that for an extra 300-400 bucks he could have went with a SS setup that lasts a lifetime, proven cam from a reputable brand, and picked up an additional 20 ponies.

I appreciate the kind words fellas. All I can do to pay you back is be there when you're in a jam! I'm always here when someone needs anything... technical advice, good pricing, need something quick, have a problem with a part... I'll do whatever is in my power!

William! How's the car issue clearin up? Give me a call sometime, don't be a stranger. I want to get that thing fine tuned in when you're not busy! Shoot me over a PM or call, brother!

CR
Tillman Speed