GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

WMS 80 and 95mm along with AEM dyno...

Search this Thread

Old 2/1/06, 09:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,

Just thought I'd finally say something about the dyno from this weekend. It kinda went poorly as the numbers coming from my car were very low. It was actually lower then my first stock run in October with my 93 Performance tune but the dyno operator said that the weather that day was causing the numbers to be off. He had also just gotten his dyno equipment back from Dynojet so I think there maybe a slight miscalibration to start with.

Either way I could see the comparison numbers and that was what I was there for. Along with making tunes finally for the WMS kits, I bought a MAFia and set it to zero just to use it as an extension harness with the WMS kits so I didn't have to cut my harness.

I started off with my 93 Performance program and with my stock intake I came out with 257 rwhp and 272 rwtq. Unfortunatly I forgot to bring MY tuner with me so I had to upload the tunes using a new tuner so that downloaded my 93 program for stock. In other words I wasn't able to make a stock pull to compare these to.

Next I installed the 95mm WMS kit and began to tune. It took ALOT of fuel to straighten everything out. After making the off idle to part throttle right we finally made a few passes and ended up with 265 rwhp and 274 rwtq. That's 8 rwhp and 2 rwtq over the 93 Performance tune for the 95mm WMS.

Then I installed the 80mm Kit and got kinda got what I expected out of my stock car.
264rwhp and 276 rwtq. A gain of 7rwhp and 4 rwtq. Showing that with a car that's rather stock a Larger MAF isn't going to make more power.

Finally I installed a AEM kit, no tuning required was what it says. Sure, no tuning required and a WOT a/f ratio of 14:1! After doing some corrections to fix that I made 262 and 273 rwhp. Not bad for a air intake of its style,
that's 5 rwhp and 1 rwtq better then the 93 program.[b]

I have both dyno graphs to post but for some reason It wont allow it tonight, I think some maintance is going on to the forums so when I can I will post them.

For all of those with WMS kits I now have a tune....thank you for your patience!

Thanks, Doug. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/1/06, 10:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks Doug!!!

Looking forward to my tune. It should be at my house when I get home Friday from work. Your tunes are worth the wait! Thanks for investing in a MAFia and tuning a WMS equipped car. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/2/06, 12:19 AM
V6 Member

Are you going to be making a tune for the AEM intake, and any possiblity of a package deal in the future? The AEM intake looks appealing to me since it is C.A.R.B. legal and I like the idea of their dry-flow filter.
Old 2/2/06, 12:50 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005MineralGT @ February 2, 2006, 12:22 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Are you going to be making a tune for the AEM intake, and any possiblity of a package deal in the future? The AEM intake looks appealing to me since it is C.A.R.B. legal and I like the idea of their dry-flow filter.
[/b][/quote]

Hi,

I'm checking with Doug, but I'm assuming my bamachips tune will take the
AEM into account.We think alike [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nono.gif[/img]

Steve
Old 2/4/06, 01:14 PM
GT Member

Any update on the dyno graphs Doug? Also, did you take any pictures AEM installed, I don't think I've seen one installed in a GT yet.