GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile - Feb 17th

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/07, 05:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile - Feb 17th

I know this probably belongs in regional but that forum is dead.

I'm going to the the track on Feb 17th. Yes there are more events between now and then but cash is tight at the moment.

www.speedventures.com

Anyone wants to go, register, let me know and we can all meet there and hang out. Or meet up early that morning and have a stampeed of horses arrive at 7am for checkin.

I don't suspect too many will want to go as most of what I see on the forum is all 1/4 mile, maybe someone will want to come out and flog their horses around HTM for the day.

Hope to see a few there.

jake
Old 1/23/07, 05:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

I have to double check, and I dont like the Horse Theif... I prefer the big track, but I will see if I can get a bunch of the SB guys to roll with me out there.
Old 1/23/07, 07:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
I know this probably belongs in regional but that forum is dead.

I'm going to the the track on Feb 17th. Yes there are more events between now and then but cash is tight at the moment.

www.speedventures.com

Anyone wants to go, register, let me know and we can all meet there and hang out. Or meet up early that morning and have a stampeed of horses arrive at 7am for checkin.

I don't suspect too many will want to go as most of what I see on the forum is all 1/4 mile, maybe someone will want to come out and flog their horses around HTM for the day.

Hope to see a few there.

jake

Wish I was there. I used to do Solo I in by BOSS and race a bp Shelby Mustang clone on that track in the mid 70's. My how that place has changed. That mile course looks like it would be a lot of fun. Have a good time ... make sure everything is tight ... put a torque wrench on your lug nuts et al.
Old 1/24/07, 10:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by emperorjordan
I have to double check, and I dont like the Horse Theif... I prefer the big track, but I will see if I can get a bunch of the SB guys to roll with me out there.

thats cool jordan....

It's a fun track.
Old 1/24/07, 10:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

have you run it? I thought you did Streets last time. I went out last week with my friend (without my car) on the big track, and the whole time I was wishing i brought my car. I am ready to go back!!
Old 1/24/07, 11:05 AM
Cobra Member

Interesting. I would rather do the large course, also. You can't get up to higher speeds on that course. I will let you know if I decide to go. Thanks for the offer/letting me know.
Old 1/24/07, 03:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

have you run it? I thought you did Streets last time. I went out last week with my friend (without my car) on the big track, and the whole time I was wishing i brought my car. I am ready to go back!!

I've only ever been on Horse Thief Mile....

It was a blast, thats why i'm going back. I've heard a lot of bad things about hte track on some sites because it's not wide enough or fast enough.... but once you've driven it, I think you'd like it.

I'm surprised they let you out on the big track with someone, since Willow and California speedway dont allow passengers on the big track. Due to that GT2 crash a coupel years ago that resulted in law suits that made no sense...

I'm trying to man-up and grow a pair to drive on the big track... it scared me as a passenger (the guy i rode with as others haveheard before, was a semi-pro working for eibach suspension on a track prepped Mustang on slicks and he was very good and very fast)....

HTM is small, not very long and not very fast. You just have to watch for the people that spin out in front of you, make sure you don't drive outside your limits (or you will need AAA to tow you home on a flatbed)... and just have a good time. All the regulars tell me "Take your time and learn the track and the proper line, learn how to drive basically and then speed and low times will catch up to you." or something like that.

I hope you a couple people can go. I'll be there with my gf but other than that I don't know anyone else.
Old 1/24/07, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by freebass55
Interesting. I would rather do the large course, also. You can't get up to higher speeds on that course. I will let you know if I decide to go. Thanks for the offer/letting me know.
track is 27' wide i believe and you can hit 80-85 on the straight... it feels a lot faster....
Old 1/24/07, 03:36 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 06GTwJUICE
track is 27' wide i believe and you can hit 80-85 on the straight... it feels a lot faster....
You would be lucky to hit that speed on the grandstand straight. The first turn comes up on you so fast.

I'm not knocking it (well kinda), I just like the big track better. That's all. The streets is fun, as long as you aren't with a bunch of a-holes.
Old 1/24/07, 04:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

You would be lucky to hit that speed on the grandstand straight. The first turn comes up on you so fast.

Streets or HTM?

i dont think htm had a grandstand, unless it was going by faster than i could see... haha
Old 1/24/07, 04:16 PM
Cobra Member

It's the same. If you are running clockwise, it is the long straight after the skidpad.

And We actually might make it out there.
Old 1/24/07, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hope to see you there freebass, the more the merrier.
Old 1/24/07, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

freebass, I think you are thinking of streets.... streets is fun too, but we are talking Horse Theif Mile... its a whole new shorter track next to Streets.... and smaller than streets. Actually, it must be a mile long now that I think about it haha.

But yeah, I rode on the big track a lot... and I feel pretty comfortable taking my car on that... I liked the turns aand the pace, and the fact that there was a lot of run off room. HTM if you go off, you are rolling the car.
Old 1/24/07, 10:17 PM
Cobra Member

You know what guys, my bad. I looked at the map again. You guys are right, I am wrong. Sorry guys.

Now I am actually looking forward to going.
Old 1/25/07, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

You know what guys, my bad. I looked at the map again. You guys are right, I am wrong. Sorry guys.

Now I am actually looking forward to going.

sweet....
Old 1/26/07, 01:28 AM
Bullitt Member

HTM if you go off, you are rolling the car.
I was planning to go but this comment has given me pause. My favorite track is Buttonwillow, though SV doesn't have an event there for several months.
Old 1/26/07, 08:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 65sohc
I was planning to go but this comment has given me pause. My favorite track is Buttonwillow, though SV doesn't have an event there for several months.

The exact words I heard was "If you go off track here, your probably going to need a ride home"..

fwiw, I only saw 1/2 dozen cars that were spinning out from coming into turns to hot and none of them were Domestics
(funny when people say domestics can't handle, yet the imports are the only ones going off track and spinning out)
Old 2/2/07, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

^

2 more weeks.....

common guys, contrairy to popular belief, mustangs are good in turns too!
Old 2/2/07, 10:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
I wish I could go... unfortunately, Verts aren't allowed...
Old 2/2/07, 10:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

really???

the audi TT at the track was a convertable w/ the top down.... they didnt say anything to him.

You might want to call Aaron at SV and ask him.

Quick Reply: Willow Springs Horse Thief Mile - Feb 17th