Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Who's tune for a JLT intake? Please chime in

So I made up at least part of my mind.
I am going with a JLT intake. Now for the next step:
1.JLT direct $575 shipped
2.Brenspeed $594 shipped
3.Bamachips. $580 shipped

I wan't to get it color matched.
I like that Brenspeed will update your tune for free as you add to the car.
but they charge the most for the color match.

What is everyones oippinion on these tunes?

Thanks,Mike
Old 5/15/06, 11:00 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ecko51
So I made up at least part of my mind.
I am going with a JLT intake. Now for the next step:
1.JLT direct $575 shipped
2.Brenspeed $594 shipped
3.Bamachips. $580 shipped

I wan't to get it color matched.
I like that Brenspeed will update your tune for free as you add to the car.
but they charge the most for the color match.

What is everyones oippinion on these tunes?

Thanks,Mike
Doug @ BamaChips all the way! Great customer service, outstanding tunes and Doug will update your tunes as you go, also. Everyone can chime in on me now that I've mentioned Doug. He's the best! And he will tune the JLT and every known intake out on the market.
Old 5/15/06, 11:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congratulations! I think this is the 1000th thread on "Which Tune/Tuner" should I get...
Old 5/15/06, 11:49 AM
Cobra Member

Whoohoooo!!! Let's celebrate by calling Doug and getting the best tunes you can possibly get out there! Bamachips all the way...
Old 5/15/06, 01:12 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by don_w
Congratulations! I think this is the 1000th thread on "Which Tune/Tuner" should I get...
yes I feel more stupider now
Old 5/15/06, 01:19 PM
Queen Of Nascar

BamaChips all the way!!!
Old 5/15/06, 02:00 PM
Cobra R Member

I got the JLT from JLT at first with the DTP tunes, I then sent it to Bama for his 93 torque tune. Go with BAMA.
Old 5/15/06, 02:03 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm going with Evolution when I get mine. It's a good deal ($500), plus their shop is about an hour away from me.

www.evoperform.com
Old 5/15/06, 03:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by MaverickMLFD371
Doug @ BamaChips all the way! Great customer service, outstanding tunes and Doug will update your tunes as you go, also. Everyone can chime in on me now that I've mentioned Doug. He's the best! And he will tune the JLT and every known intake out on the market.

Doug @ BamaChips!!!!
Old 5/15/06, 04:50 PM

Hi there

Do the different tunes make much of a difference?

I have the Tunable Induction CAI on my car and am using the supplied SCT/Demolet Octane 93 tune.

Are there better Octane 93 tunes? If so how do I get them?
Old 5/15/06, 05:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
I have both a Bama tune and a Brenspeed tune stored on my tuner now. Let me tell you, that Doug's tune is awesome compared to a canned tune. However, the tune I got from Brenspeed a couple of months ago really kicks ***!

You really can't go wrong with either one, but I can vouch for Brenspeed's tune the most right now.
Old 5/15/06, 05:59 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I have both a Bama tune and a Brenspeed tune stored on my tuner now. Let me tell you, that Doug's tune is awesome compared to a canned tune. However, the tune I got from Brenspeed a couple of months ago really kicks ***!

You really can't go wrong with either one, but I can vouch for Brenspeed's tune the most right now.

Can you describe the differences between the two Bama & Brenspeed?
I Read in a few places that the Bama tune has an idle issue. Where it dips and bounces back up.
I like the idea of a Torque tune for driving around as I don't plan on spending much time at the strip.

Maverick. You said Doug will update the tune as you go. Is it $50.00 every time?

Thanks,Mike
Old 5/15/06, 06:25 PM

Hi

What is a canned tune? Is this what I have? Been from the UK I don't know what you mean.

Is Doug Bama?

But Brenspeed is better still?

Have I got this right? If so can you tell the difference in between the different tunes and how do they differ?
Old 5/15/06, 06:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I have both Brenspeed and Bamachips tunes in my SCT. I like them both and they both are great with customer service. I have no experience with anyone else but these guy's are both topnotch! My 2 cents~
Old 5/15/06, 06:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by ecko51
Can you describe the differences between the two Bama & Brenspeed?
I Read in a few places that the Bama tune has an idle issue. Where it dips and bounces back up.
I like the idea of a Torque tune for driving around as I don't plan on spending much time at the strip.

Maverick. You said Doug will update the tune as you go. Is it $50.00 every time?

Thanks,Mike
The tune from Doug had great power and good throttle response compared to my previous tune. I was very happy with it, it's still a great tune. The tune from Brenspeed has throttle response that is unbelievable, you would swear that its not a drive by wire system. Also, Brent's tune eliminated the fast idle speed at startup for me, which is nice in my opinion.

Again, like I said both tuners IMO are great; I recommend either one however right now, I would prefer the Brenspeed tune from my experience.
Old 5/15/06, 06:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Gibbo205
Hi

What is a canned tune? Is this what I have? Been from the UK I don't know what you mean.

Is Doug Bama?

But Brenspeed is better still?

Have I got this right? If so can you tell the difference in between the different tunes and how do they differ?
A "canned tune" is more like a generic tune that some sites sell with the handheld tuner that applies to the model of car in general.

Doug is Bama.....

Both are great, we're just sharing opinions here. I would do Brenspeed IMO.
Old 5/15/06, 11:22 PM

Doug's tunes are definately awesome, makes me smile just driving around. People probably think i'm crazy though

Brent's tune eliminated the fast idle speed at startup for me, which is nice in my opinion.
Not trying to flame or anything, I was going through the manual on my new Volvo and it says the engine idles faster at startup to warm up the cats. Any thoughts?
Old 5/15/06, 11:45 PM
Cobra R Member

Ecko do you have an automatic or a manual. Well if you have an auto, I hear great things about lidio at alternative auto, he supposedly specializes in the automatics.
http://www.alternativeauto.com/
He uses C&L intakes tho. But the jlt and the c&l are near identical in horsepower gains according to the shoot out in 5.0 magazine
http://mustang50magazine.com/techart...ke/index1.html
But too each his own. Thought I would just suggest another alternative if you had an automatic. good luck which ever you get.
Old 5/16/06, 03:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TejGT
Doug's tunes are definately awesome, makes me smile just driving around. People probably think i'm crazy though

Not trying to flame or anything, I was going through the manual on my new Volvo and it says the engine idles faster at startup to warm up the cats. Any thoughts?

That's true. With my mods, I don't need that. It's a nice feature to have with my mods.

Thanks,

Tom
Old 5/16/06, 05:52 AM
Cobra R Member

I cannot speak against Bren......I am sure his tunes are great. I got the DTP tune...it was fine. I then got doug to get me a torque tune. It is perfect for red light commando. you loose some of your top end punch,but the low end makes up for it. By lose the top end punch, going 70 and WOT, it accelerates,but does not push you back.

That is why I am going for the gears, mine is a weekend car. Motor around town, show off.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Quick Reply: Who's tune for a JLT intake? Please chime in