GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Where is Doug/Bamachips this weeK?

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/07, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is Doug/Bamachips this weeK?

Does anyone here know where Doug from Bamachips is this weeK? I've been trying to get in touch with him since last Monday and have not heard a word from him. I had some questions to ask him. Any ideas?
Old 3/22/07, 08:27 PM
Bullitt Member

I have been wondering that too, as I sent him an email several days ago but haven't heard from him yet. But I am sure he is just busy, as he is entitled to a life too
Old 3/22/07, 08:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

He's probably prepping for the MCA show in Pensacola this weekend. Several cars from this site will be there including Brad's. Doug had a booth last year. I'm sure he'll be around.
Old 3/22/07, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wsmatau
He's probably prepping for the MCA show in Pensacola this weekend. Several cars from this site will be there including Brad's. Doug had a booth last year. I'm sure he'll be around.
Sweet! I may try and find him and have him work his magic on my Vert at the show!
Old 3/22/07, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Buster
Sweet! I may try and find him and have him work his magic on my Vert at the show!
If I remember correctly, he bought a mobile dyno last year. I wonder if he'll bring it down. If so, I may get in line too.
Old 3/22/07, 09:37 PM
Former Vendor

Dougs probably just busy. He was swamped when we spoke last week. I'm sure he'll get back to everybody soon. I know March is busy season for pretty much everybody.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 3/22/07, 11:40 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
"Being Busy" isn't a good excuse for ignoring customers.

I love Doug to death (and I bought my CAI and tunes from him) but I get the impression his service is slipping.
Old 3/23/07, 12:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc

I love Doug to death (and I bought my CAI and tunes from him) but I get the impression his service is slipping.
That's 100% right. I used to use James at RWTD for my tunes and after never being able to get ahold of the guy I quit buying and refering people to him.
Old 3/23/07, 10:45 AM

Customer service is paramount. Is he the only one at his place or does he have helpers like Brenspeed? I have tried calling every hour on the hour this morning and no answer. I have sent emails and no answer...If he's gone on vacation thats cool but he should send an auto-reply email stating that
Old 3/23/07, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Any idea on how long it takes to get a tune file from him? I ordered mine on tuesday and no sign of it just yet, but I think it says it may take a week.
Old 3/23/07, 12:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc

I don't think so. I believe the volume of inquires is up and the poor guy can't be expected to work 24-7. I just received a delete plate tune from him and I told him I was not in a hurry but he hopped right on it. I ordered upper control arm from vendor on 3-7 and have not received it and today is the 23rd. He did not mind charging my CC on the seventh. Don't think I'll be using this shop in the future.If you ever have the
Old 3/23/07, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mongoose
I don't think so. I believe the volume of inquires is up and the poor guy can't be expected to work 24-7. I just received a delete plate tune from him and I told him I was not in a hurry but he hopped right on it. I ordered upper control arm from vendor on 3-7 and have not received it and today is the 23rd. He did not mind charging my CC on the seventh. Don't think I'll be using this shop in the future.If you ever have the

What does "hopped right on it" mean? Thats clear as mud. Did it take a week, a few days, what...

No one expects him to work 24/7 but he should have someone answer his phone calls. Or change his voicemail to say that return calls may be delayed or he's gone for vacation or something
Old 3/23/07, 02:51 PM
Cobra R Member

All I have to say is dougs reputation on this board speaks for itself, if you are yet to use him read some posts about him. His tunes in my opinion are the best, you wont be sorry, and yes he is a very busy guy as most vendors on here, I guess we just love to mod too much, LOL.

Like I said you wont be sorry waiting a few days to get what your car needed from the factory, the get up and go factor,LOL.
Old 3/23/07, 03:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i called him about two weeks ago and he answered but you have to remember he is not just doing orders for TMS, it is also other forums that are ordering and his tunes are worth the wait,just give him time, people are getting their tax returns and they are buying
Old 3/23/07, 04:16 PM

Look, I know the guy has a great rep and he makes great tunes. All I am trying to figure out is if someone knows why he isn't answering his phone or his emails. I don't want speculation or guessing. If you 100% know then great, please tell us. If not then... I sure he is busy. Brenspeed is too and they still manage to pick up the phone and/or return calls. I am just looking for an update, nothing more.
Old 3/23/07, 04:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He'll get back to you, he always does. However, I do understand your frustration.
Old 3/23/07, 04:42 PM
Cobra R Member

I dont think doug is a several person operation. I believe he is on his own. So if you want his stuff give him some time. He is a normal everyday joe like me and you, great guy have met him personally when he came up to st. louis, a good ole boy, or rather young boy<LOL. So like stated sorry he hasnt gotten back to you yet, but as stated he always does, your right I guess he should come up with a better phone answering system for when he is out at shows etc. Anyway you will praise him later if you wait to hear from him. good luck with whatever you do.
Old 3/23/07, 05:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Like I said earlier, he is a great guy and I am his customer.

However, that still isn't an excuse for not answering the phone, ignoring messages, or letting days go by without acknowledging attempts to get hold of him.

That type of service frustrates me! "Busy" isn't an excuse!

If J.R. Granatelli was doing this you guys would be all over him like a cheap suit.
Old 3/23/07, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

yeah but it is true, bamachips is a one man show, Granatelli has people so does Brenspeed and alot of other places, Doug has to do all of the work by himself so making out orders and all that takes time, and the phone thing, if you leave him a messege he will get back to you
Old 3/23/07, 08:09 PM

Yeah, problem is I left him a message on Tuesday and here it is Friday and I still have yet to hear from him. Same thing with email...

Quick Reply: Where is Doug/Bamachips this weeK?