GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Wheel question...

Search this Thread

Old 10/16/07, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel question...

I'm about to buy some new wheels and tires, but I know our cars have the TPMS. What do I need to do if I'm trying to sell my current stock wheels and tires to someone?

I know I can get the bands that hold the sensor for cheap, but what about the sensor?
Old 10/16/07, 10:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Dunno, but TireRack lists a set of bands+sensors at about $300 when you buy new wheels.

I looked in the Ford Cat but didn't see any replacement sensors listed, so that wasn't any help.
Old 10/16/07, 05:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

From my understanding what you could do is buy the straps (AmericanMuscle has a good cheap set) then have the sensors removed from you orginal wheels, and put on your new ones with the new straps. Then just put your old wheels back on the old tires and sell them that way.
Old 10/17/07, 09:14 AM
GT Member

I do not have sensors in my '07. I get a tire light once a week upon start uyp. flashes for about 20 seconds then goes away. A friend is borrowing my original wheel/tire combo till he saves up money to replace his set. When my old ones were n the garage the computer gets the signal from them every day and i never got the light.

Now if you sell your wheels and tires with the sensors in them it wont effect your car anyways, and wont effect the next person at all, besides the light once in awhile. But to spend that money on bands, and sensors is upsetting. Just to sell the wheels and tires.
Old 10/17/07, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well if he still wants to have the functioning TPMS, he'll have to. He can either buy new ones, or take them out of the old tires. Catch with doing that is that he has to de-mount the tires, and the buyer may not want to pay to have them re-mounted.
Old 10/17/07, 07:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jmanpatsfan
From my understanding what you could do is buy the straps (AmericanMuscle has a good cheap set) then have the sensors removed from you orginal wheels, and put on your new ones with the new straps. Then just put your old wheels back on the old tires and sell them that way.

That is a good price for them! I couldnt touch that price!

Thats the way to go.