GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Whats next??

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/13, 06:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
Whats next??

Hello everyone, mods are listed in my sig. What should I do next? 1000 bucks and I will be doing the labor.
Old 12/31/13, 09:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glenn...... If u don't know by now?????
Seriously, know what u mean. Once you've done the stuff you already have, the next steps cost more than 1k.
I'm thinking invest that 1k until you get blower $$$$$
Old 12/31/13, 10:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ exactly what i m doign now.
Old 12/31/13, 05:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
I don't think I will ever do a s/c . never say never. Don't know I thought I would throw it out there. Uca? lca's? chassis stiffing? Big brakes = not with these wheels, Cams, Tq convertor,
Old 1/3/14, 01:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 101 Likes on 74 Posts
If you have that cash and no needs are coming to mind ... why not just keep adding to it? A need or want will pop up eventually.
Old 1/4/14, 06:04 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 114 Likes on 88 Posts
I'm with tbear. No sense in blowing money until you know what you want. Having replaced my entire suspension with aftermarket (literally the rear swaybar hangers are the only thing thats still stock--and even they have urethane bushings), I would say the biggest bang for the buck given what you've already installed would be a UCA or LCAs. Don't know if you have a problem with axle hop, but they will completely eliminate it.

Since you have a 1 piece driveshaft and you lowered your car, have you checked your pinion angle, btw? I'm riding on Steeda Sports too and after putting in my coast DS, I had to get an adjustable UCA to get the angle back to normal levels.

If you don't want to go the suspension route, you could always go for a shifter. I actually went for urethane shifter bushings, which made a HUGE difference. My local speed shop asked which shifter I had installed and when I told him it was just bushings he said "thats the most crisp stock shifter I've ever seen". Steeda used to sell the bushings for $23 shipped, but now I think you'd have to go to Summit Racing.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/en.../model/mustang