GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What would you do first?

Search this Thread

Old 6/13/12, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would you do first?

Here's my checklist (not in any order). Maybe you can offer some input on what your favorite mods have been!

1) Udps, sequential tail lights, pie radio stuff to make the aux work (grouped together as little goodies haha)

2) Front cs bumper or CDC agressive chin (still undecided... Everyday is different)

3) Lowering the car.

As of this week I was closest to lowering the car. But tonight I thought I might have more fun buying option one and feeling like I got a lot of goodies and being able to work on my car in little spurts. I also think I would get the most immediate enjoyment out of them. But then again I'm so visual so option two or three sound amazing too... But I'd have to paint option two. And I've never done option three but I'm sure I'm capable...

Idk you guys have the same mind battles over what to mod next. Give me some input on these!
Old 6/13/12, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

A new pic if this helps visualize!!
Attached Thumbnails What would you do first?-image-3052279771.jpg  
Old 6/13/12, 10:24 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Lower it, looks better and performs better!
Old 6/13/12, 10:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Drop it like it's hot. Lower that puppy, you will not be disappointed. My opinion is that this car looks it's best and the meanest when it's lowered.
Old 6/14/12, 12:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd go with CDC classic or GT/CS for the front for an NA, the big opening with the aggressive looks empty if you don't have an intercooler to show off.

What mods do you have so far? I'm assuming you have a CAI/Tuner, but if not that's the first thing to do for sure. A tune completely wakes up these cars.

I've got the PIE adapter and I love it. Combined with a belkin aircast http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CKQBEPMCMAU I just get in the car and I can play music off my phone from my pocket, plus I can take calls in the car hands free.
Old 6/14/12, 01:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Agent MOO
I'd go with CDC classic or GT/CS for the front for an NA, the big opening with the aggressive looks empty if you don't have an intercooler to show off.

What mods do you have so far? I'm assuming you have a CAI/Tuner, but if not that's the first thing to do for sure. A tune completely wakes up these cars.

I've got the PIE adapter and I love it. Combined with a belkin aircast http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=belkin+bluetooth&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-USfficial&client=firefox-beta&channel=fflb&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=6224635775329907473&sa=X&ei=aTHaT92 NIMuWhQfc17G7Aw&ved=0CKQBEPMCMAU I just get in the car and I can play music off my phone from my pocket, plus I can take calls in the car hands free.
Yeah I definitely love the cars with intercoolers and the aggressive chin. Such a good look. But I don't actually have the Cai and tuner. It's further down the list
Old 6/14/12, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Not sure why that didn't show up. I said I definitely like the look of the intercooler behind the aggressive. I just feel the lines would go better with my cowl hood. And I don't actually have the Cai and tuner. It's further down the list. I'm more visual than anything, and that's a lot of money to dish out
Old 6/14/12, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah with your hood the aggressive would fit well, that was just my thinking behind going with the classic for mine with a stock hood.

As far as mods that will make the car more fun to drive, a tuner really improves the throttle response, and you can feel when the timing kicks in with the different tunes. If you're doing it in stages, just getting a tuner first would be a good step, instead of buying UDPs plus paying for install.

With the UDPs people don't really seem to notice the gains much in the seat of the pants department. I actually bought a set 6 months ago and I'm on the fence about whether to install them or not.
Old 6/14/12, 02:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah with your hood the aggressive would fit well, that was just my thinking behind going with the classic for mine with a stock hood.

As far as mods that will make the car more fun to drive, a tuner really improves the throttle response, and you can feel when the timing kicks in with the different tunes. If you're doing it in stages, just getting a tuner first would be a good step, instead of buying UDPs plus paying for install.

With the UDPs people don't really seem to notice the gains much in the seat of the pants department. I actually bought a set 6 months ago and I'm on the fence about whether to install them or not.
But then again the udps are a third of the price haha.
Old 6/14/12, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

If I had to choose just one...I'd probably go with lowering it, but that's because the improved cornering was even better than I thought it would be. The CDC chin or GTCS fascia will make a much bigger impact on the visual side though and I actually did my CDC chin before I lowered mine, so go figure.

Do you know which front end you'd choose yet? ...or which lowering springs you'd go with? If you're sure on what you'd install for one, but still debating the other, go with the one you're sure about. Also, if you plan to do the suspension, I'd do it all at once vs in stages, since labor wise it makes more sense. I did the springs, shocks, struts, and swaybars all at the same time.
Old 6/15/12, 08:15 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I'm just deciding between the steeda sports and ultralites. But now that you mention doing everything at once, lowering doesn't seem like the top option anymore. Haha dang now I'm confused even more. It looks like the goodies bundle might be it bc I know I want all three of those for sure.
Old 6/15/12, 12:21 PM
Banned

I agree! With your current hood, the Aggressive Chin Spoiler would definitely complement it nicely. Of course, the Classic Chin Spoiler along with the Splitter would be a great look as well.

Regardless, beautiful Mustang! I like what you've done so far.
Old 6/15/12, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by CDC Jake

I agree! With your current hood, the Aggressive Chin Spoiler would definitely complement it nicely. Of course, the Classic Chin Spoiler along with the Splitter would be a great look as well.

Regardless, beautiful Mustang! I like what you've done so far.
Haha sounds like you're tryin to sweet talk me jake!
Old 6/18/12, 08:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Haha sounds like you're tryin to sweet talk me jake!
Never! Simply giving my unbiased opinion based on a love for Mustangs
Old 6/19/12, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Seat covers & floor mats first - protect your investment!
Old 6/19/12, 12:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by Kinyodas
Seat covers & floor mats first - protect your investment!
Good point!! Actually I'm going to go with the CDC aggressive tonight. Then I think lower, sequentials, and maybe some kind of stripe and I'll be done!
Old 6/19/12, 12:32 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,350 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/f708/po...stangs-465507/

Might Check out the Black Car Pic Forum for Some Ideas!

KC
Old 6/19/12, 12:49 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
https://themustangsource.com/f708/po...stangs-465507/

Might Check out the Black Car Pic Forum for Some Ideas!

KC
Oh I've been through it loads of times! Even on other forums and alllllll through google images. Thanks kc! Good to see you're back
Old 6/19/12, 01:02 PM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,204 Likes on 2,350 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Oh I've been through it loads of times! Even on other forums and alllllll through google images. Thanks kc! Good to see you're back

Thanks! I am back and on a mission! Enjoy that car it's a beauty. Might want to go through my old posts in OEM parts It's all about 05-09 Factory Upgrades & Retrofits. I am currently weeding out all the irrelevent posts and topics which lost pics over the course of forum changes. 20 Pages worth.

It will take some time but I am on it. It's my goal to make it as user friendly as possible. I have been here since the birth of the SN197. I was one busy cat back in the day!

Again a very nice car & take the time to enjoy it as is, but modify it to your tastes & needs. As we are fast approaching the Next gen of mustang the 05-09 is going to be a Modern Classic sooner than you think!

Regards,

KC
Old 6/19/12, 06:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
As we are fast approaching the Next gen of mustang the 05-09 is going to be a Modern Classic sooner than you think!
I hear ya! I love this body style, I'm going to drive my 05 till they stop selling gasoline