GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What mods do you need to powershift?

Search this Thread

Old 4/27/05, 12:34 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if your are perfect at it the there are no ill effects.

However you are probably not, as noone is and instead of wearing down the clutch like you should be to shift you are wearing down the synchro rings/hubs in the transmission. Typically they cost more than clutches to replace..

You know how sometimes it shifts perfectly and goes easilly into the next gear, adn sometimes there is a bit of resistance and then it drops into gear, well that resistance is the synchro's rubbing together to stop the gears from grinding instead.
Old 4/27/05, 03:06 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by idobson@April 26, 2005, 10:37 PM
Well if your are perfect at it the there are no ill effects.

However you are probably not, as noone is and instead of wearing down the clutch like you should be to shift you are wearing down the synchro rings/hubs in the transmission. Typically they cost more than clutches to replace..

You know how sometimes it shifts perfectly and goes easilly into the next gear, adn sometimes there is a bit of resistance and then it drops into gear, well that resistance is the synchro's rubbing together to stop the gears from grinding instead.
That makes sense

thanks for the input, I will use the clutch all the time now.
little more pain in the ankle can't hurt anything!

Do you know if this applies to motorcycle type transmissions, I would think so.
I have an ATV, a 400EX Honda, use clutch 98% time but since the ankle was shattered riding this beast at the top of a mountain, I rode down (slooowley) 10 miles shifting with hand and no clutch (fun)
Old 4/27/05, 09:39 AM
GT Member

Not sure, don't know too much about bikes.

a tip though.. Take an empty 2L plastic coke bottle and roll your sore foot back and forwards on it when you are sitting in front of the computer or watching TV.

It'll help with you rehab
Old 5/12/05, 02:42 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by idobson@April 27, 2005, 7:42 AM
Not sure, don't know too much about bikes.

a tip though.. Take an empty 2L plastic coke bottle and roll your sore foot back and forwards on it when you are sitting in front of the computer or watching TV.

It'll help with you rehab
sorry been offline for a while.

Thanks for the advice, my foot gives me more pain then the ankle from being in the cast so long, so that sounds like relief

btw, I have Dr.s permision to start putting full weight on ankle.
its about time, its been almost two and a half months
Old 5/12/05, 05:25 PM

Well,unless you have rewrote the computer the Car Will Not let you powershift.The computer shuts the throttle off for a split second during shifts......... :drive: If i could poershift my car i probably could brake into the 12,s.I took my time shifting from 2-3.Dint want to miss it.