GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

"What I wish they made" thread...

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/07, 10:34 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"What I wish they made" thread...

Okay, I just want to get an idea of a list of like 4 or 5 things that everyone wishes they made for their S197's. Maybe it's interior, performance, maybe something exterior-wise. What do YOU want to see manufactured to improve your car? Be detailed as you want to be!

CR
Tillman Speed
Old 2/7/07, 10:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see something that made the STOCK gauges (oil press, temp, amps) read correctly. Right now they are "dummy" gauges. Ever notice that the amp meter and oil press. gauges NEVER change, no matter what as long as the actual values are not in the danger area. If oil pressure drops to say, 2lbs, the oil press. gauge reads "0", and lights up red. Otherwise the gauge reads the same at 20lbs as it does 80lbs. Same for amps. As long as the battery isn't dead, it reads the same. Useless. Temp. gauge is better, but once again it reads the same as long as the temp is above 160 I think (not exactly sure what exact temp it is). Same readings from 160? to like 240. Once it reaches 160, the gauge will not go any higher no matter the engine temp. unless it is dangerous temps. Useless.

I would like to see an aftermarket soultion WITHOUT adding extra aftermarket gauge pods. Hooking a working sending unit into the stock gauges would be ideal to me. I'm sure it is complicated, but I would buy it if possible! I bought the upgraded dash partly for the extra gauges, not for USLESS gauges!!
Old 2/8/07, 12:13 AM
Former Vendor

Maybe a dakota digital dash? That would be nice, but yes something to correct the readings.

What else people?
Old 2/8/07, 12:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Dakota digital dash, not familiar with that. Elaborate??
Old 2/8/07, 12:18 AM
Former Vendor

http://dakotadigital.com/

Clusters that fit in stock, and are all digital. Usually come with cooler looking gauges, colors etc. They do them for older vehicles.

Wouldn't really do much because the factory Ford gauge cluster is already appealing.
Old 2/8/07, 12:19 AM
Former Vendor

Any suspension mods, maybe something performance wise?
Old 2/8/07, 12:27 AM
Team Mustang Source

Maybe some sort of air suspension system, adjustable height/ride systems for guys who want to lower the car but can't because of driveway, speed bumps, etc. I can't lower mine because I barely clear my driveway curb at stock height! I'm sure there are systems out there, I just haven't seen any offered for the new 'Stangs.
Old 2/8/07, 12:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
http://dakotadigital.com/

Clusters that fit in stock, and are all digital. Usually come with cooler looking gauges, colors etc. They do them for older vehicles.

Wouldn't really do much because the factory Ford gauge cluster is already appealing.
Exactly, I LOVE the way the stock gauges look in the car, I just want them to actually WORK!!
Old 2/8/07, 12:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

HOw about a nice side exhaust kit. Im not feelin the Cervini one. Something simpler but functional. The price is right but without the whole kit it looks like *** to me. I cant believe there arent lots of those.
Old 2/8/07, 12:41 AM
Former Vendor

1) Working Gauges
2) Side Exhaust
3) Air Ride Suspension
Old 2/8/07, 12:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

If you make it, I will buy it. im about ready to get out in the garage and do it myself haha
Old 2/8/07, 02:35 AM
GT Member

A ducktail spoiler that covers the brake light and covers the factory spoiler holes. Unique Performance makes one for the Foose Stallions, but they aren't selling them to the public.
Old 2/8/07, 04:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Okay, I just want to get an idea of a list of like 4 or 5 things that everyone wishes they made for their S197's. Maybe it's interior, performance, maybe something exterior-wise. What do YOU want to see manufactured to improve your car? Be detailed as you want to be!

CR
Tillman Speed
This, for the rear of the car obviously, just like the picture. Key hole covered and everything And for less than $150 - if you make it, the sales will come and your R&D time will be recouped In fact, I have one that I'd be happy to send to you as a reference for scaling up if you'd put me at the top of the pre-order list!
Attached Images   
Old 2/8/07, 05:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Brake caliper brackets where you can use the stock calipers, but run 14" rotors. This for the front and rear. I just can't see paying $2500 for a brake upgrade.
Old 2/8/07, 05:42 AM
Cobra R Member

I would like to see a simple chin spoiler that is made out of black plastic (NOT fiberglass), pretty much identical to the 03/04 Mach 1 chin spoiler, and it just attaches to the bottom of the bumper like a lip. That way, if you accidentally hit something, a repaint isn't needed; and, if major damage to the chin spoiler occurs, you could replace it cheaply.

Also, for the verts, I would like to see a tonneau cover that FITS IN THE TRUNK. The 3dcarbon one is PERFECT in every way, except it doesn't fit in the trunk. I have gotten caught in rain quite a few times, causing me to put the top up. [And more annoying, it causes me to have to wash the car...and this is usually the first day driving after having already washed it ]
Old 2/8/07, 07:40 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

I posted this several times... A bolt-on/taped on/screwed on(whatever) rear diffuser similar to the look of the GT/CS, without replacing the entire bumper.
Old 2/8/07, 07:44 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
I posted this several times... A bolt-on/taped on/screwed on(whatever) rear diffuser similar to the look of the GT/CS, without replacing the entire bumper.
I have been lookin for one of those
Old 2/8/07, 07:49 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by SteelTownStang
...... Please make Steel a strap-on placebo bumper!.. to go with his Curb Feelers.......
Old 2/8/07, 07:53 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by MTAS
This, for the rear of the car obviously, just like the picture. Key hole covered and everything And for less than $150 - if you make it, the sales will come and your R&D time will be recouped In fact, I have one that I'd be happy to send to you as a reference for scaling up if you'd put me at the top of the pre-order list!
I can do that.... PM me and we'll get it started.
Old 2/8/07, 07:59 AM
Cobra R Member

I love the way that rear medallion looks, but what about us convertible owners....in that case: battery dead = no trunk access.

Quick Reply: "What I wish they made" thread...