GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What exhaust is your pick and why

Search this Thread

Old 2/3/06, 05:57 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stuck between these two, Just wanted your thoughts.

-Adam
Old 2/3/06, 06:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vallee @ February 3, 2006, 7:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

-Adam
[/b][/quote]

Hey
Adam,
I am a little bias in my opinion because I have the Borla cat back system. I would be surprized if you could find a more aggressive sounding exhaust. The only down side is that they do drone pretty bad around 2000 rpm. I hear the Corsa does not drone and still have an aggressive tone. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice. If you settle on the Borla's than you may want to check out the Ford Racing version. Made by Borla and a little cheaper with the same sound.
Scott [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 2/3/06, 06:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Vallee @ February 3, 2006, 8:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

-Adam
[/b][/quote]

I went with the Ford Racing version.

Basically 3 reasons why:

1. They are Borlas
2. You can order them from a local Ford Racing Dealer and pick them up when they get in
3. They are only about $400 delivered

I have to agree with the 2000 RPM drone being a bit annoying, but it only lasts for a short time.
Old 2/3/06, 09:43 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fryguy @ February 3, 2006, 8:23 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I went with the Ford Racing version.

Basically 3 reasons why:

1. They are Borlas
2. You can order them from a local Ford Racing Dealer and pick them up when they get in
3. They are only about $400 delivered

I have to agree with the 2000 RPM drone being a bit annoying, but it only lasts for a short time.
[/b][/quote]
The drone only lasts a short time, or the annoyance only lasts a short time (in other words, you simply learn to live with it...)? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/headscratch.gif[/img]
Old 2/4/06, 07:48 AM
GT Member

I have the Corsa's. No Drone - period. The build quality is top notch.
They sound SO much better than anything I have heard to date.
When you get on it, the sound is very aggressive and mean sounding. You can't go wrong.

To me (opinion) the Borla sound too wimpy and kinda boomy.
Old 2/4/06, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

If I had to choose all over I would still choose the Borlas. Specifically the Ford Racing Borlas (best value for the $$). I got mine for 367.00 dollars shipped. I just put them on my car 2 days ago and I was very concerned that the drone would be horrible. Believe me the very brief drone that occurs far outways the $$$ that the Corsa setup costs. The drone is not as bad as I was expecting from reading different forums and it's very brief around 2K. Some people actually like the sound. It certainly isn't the head exploding, mind altering sound I thought it would be. They were fairly easy to install although I am having a $^%& of a time alligning them. The allignment issue seems to affect all of the aftermarket choices though. Good luck. I think either muffler will sound and look great.