GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

What to do ???? PLease help

Search this Thread

Old 12/23/09, 01:12 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to do ???? PLease help

I am have done all the Appearance mods to my vehichle that i want, except new hood, and new paint job. Now i have about 15000k left to spend in the engine... Now granted i have already installed all the mods listed in my signature. Now i am debating on making it a stroker, don't know how much that would cost at all, or simply kenne belling it.... Can someone please tell me how i can create a Monster fast 4.6L v8 GT, it is an 09 with the glass roof, so i want it to be put into magazines. But my budget is 15000. What are my best options. Someone please take the time to help me out. I am deployed in Afghanistan right now, and don't get much time to do any research....
Thank you

Donny
Old 12/23/09, 01:39 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll tell you what...give me the $15,000 and I'll see how much I can do with it on my ride, then report back to you and let you know what the best route is.
Old 12/23/09, 01:54 AM
GT Member

Thats cute and funny, but i am serious i mean i know i could buy all kinds of things, and im sure on what to buy, but i wanna know if putting kenne bell, headers, cams, O/R x pipe, and then stroking it? i mean would that be good enough, i wanna be in the 700-750wrhp range, and it be safe and not blow my engine to pieces
Old 12/23/09, 02:05 AM
GT Member

How much would it cost

Ok let me try it this way. How much would it cost to make a stock 4.6v 09 Mustang GT produce 750rwph. Thats including everything, from drive train, to suspension to engine work....SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME!
Old 12/23/09, 04:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
About $85,000. It's called a Shelby GT 500 Supersnake.J/K. But it's true.
Old 12/23/09, 04:25 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by d_bone33
i wanna be in the 700-750wrhp range, and it be safe and not blow my engine to pieces
Why? What is the purpose of wanting 700-750rwhp? If you are just shooting for inclusion into a magazine you need not reach for 700-750rwhp. Perhaps a nice turbo setup would help differentiate your car from a supercharger setup.

And looking in your area (when you return home) for engine builders/speed shop is a good place to start as well or will you be building your own engine?
Old 12/23/09, 04:35 AM
GT Member

yeah

yeah that is true, but about 55000 of that is paying for the name SHELBY SUPER SNAKE,
i feel a simple kenne bell, stroked, new cams, headers, or x pipe, and all the suspension work should easier be able to put 750 down on the wheels
Old 12/23/09, 04:40 AM
GT Member

well, it isn't for the magazines, its mainly cause when i push the gas, i can go as fast as the road is straight, but i would just love to be in a magazine one day honestly. and i wnat that much horse power, but it seems that this forum does nothing but talk crap instead of actually give advice on parts and everything, it actually is starting to **** me off. Every time i come on this site, people just joke around and play around......i tell you what buddy. How about you go sit in Afghanistan for a year, get blown up almost ever day by car bombs, and then have people make jokes, and talk crap about what you want , while they are sitting on there asses in AMERICA!!!
Old 12/23/09, 04:41 AM
Cobra Member

What's RWPH? Okay kidding aside, call Tillmans, Ask for Chris Rose. He will tell you how much and what you need. The bad news..Your in the NW like me, which means the closest big named shop is a long ways away. ROAD TRIP???
Old 12/23/09, 04:47 AM
Cobra Member

Agree with Evil to a degree...You will want to spend some $$$ on the interior as well if your wanting into the mags. A nice decked out engine bay would be helpful as well, as a stock motor will appear boring. Although you could trick it out with parts/paint to make it eye candy worthy. Just cuz there isn't a SC sitting on top, doesn't mean you don't have the goodies tucked away inside.

As I've mentioned in another post you made, I would call Tillmans and ask tell them what you want and let them build you up something.
Old 12/23/09, 04:54 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well for starters the internals will not hold past around 550whp, give or take...so whatever you do will HAVE to include new forged internals. Beyond that, I'm not sure what the stock block is good for, but I would hazard a guess that it wouldn't hold up long at 750+whp. So now we are talking an entirely new block + internals. It would need heads too, I'm not sure the stockers would hold up, and they might not flow enough to get that kind of power out of it....they might...I'm just not sure. Whether you go with a blower setup or turbo, you will need some forced induction of some sort, and some crazy boost along with it.

You will also need a new tranny, driveshaft, and probably a new rear end/axle assembly. I recommend a Ford 9", it's the standard in the drag racing world. Parts for it are available and relatively cheap. Check out a Detroit Locker type differential assembly for street driving, as a simple spool axle would just not work well on the street.

As for suspension, I have no idea really, but there would need to be something done I'm sure. Probably some very good Lower Control Arms and some relocation brackets to help get that power to the ground. Beyond that though I am in the dark.

As for cost of all of this stuff....????
Old 12/23/09, 05:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
well, it isn't for the magazines, its mainly cause when i push the gas, i can go as fast as the road is straight, but i would just love to be in a magazine one day honestly. and i wnat that much horse power, but it seems that this forum does nothing but talk crap instead of actually give advice on parts and everything, it actually is starting to **** me off. Every time i come on this site, people just joke around and play around......i tell you what buddy. How about you go sit in Afghanistan for a year, get blown up almost ever day by car bombs, and then have people make jokes, and talk crap about what you want , while they are sitting on there asses in AMERICA!!!

WOW....
Old 12/23/09, 05:28 AM
Bullitt Member

The stock block is very strong and if built right can hold close to 1000hp. I recently had my block bored and stroked into a 302 stroker. Manley 2618 18cc pistons, h-beam rods, tri-armor bearings, etc etc. My builder states that it could easily hold over 20psi of boost. So if you're willing to be without your car for a while just build up the stock motor.
Old 12/23/09, 05:48 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
I merged your two threads. And no real reason to attack the forum. Before people offer advice (sometimes) people need more information about the reasoning and wanting for certain performance (and appearance) applications. Can't help if one doesn't know . . . .
Old 12/23/09, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
maybe start with something like THISand build on that....
Or build up yourinternals as you stated and then do a twin turbo. I like the TT over the s/c.
Thank-you for your service.
Old 12/23/09, 08:47 AM
Cobra Member

I am have done all the Appearance mods to my vehichle that i want, except new hood, and new paint job. Now i have about 15000k left to spend in the engine... Now granted i have already installed all the mods listed in my signature. Now i am debating on making it a stroker, don't know how much that would cost at all, or simply kenne belling it.... Can someone please tell me how i can create a Monster fast 4.6L v8 GT, it is an 09 with the glass roof, so i want it to be put into magazines. But my budget is 15000. What are my best options. Someone please take the time to help me out. I am deployed in Afghanistan right now, and don't get much time to do any research....
Thank you

Donny
I would try to find a GT500 engine with trans and driveshaft. Take the stock supercharger and replace it for the one they put on the supersnake. You've got yourself a 650-750hp engine and a trans that will stand that power.

Taking the 4.6 to get there will be MUCH more expensive than 15,000 in my opinion. You can probably get close to 600hp (stroke/bore, heads will get you 400-450, supercharger another 100-150).

And on a separate note, this forum tends to be more relaxed, more jokes than true tech. You get a few posts here and there full of tech goodness, but you have to read through pages and pages of non-sense sometimes. Makes this forum less harsh too (if you visit others, you'll see there's more cursing and personal attacks than here).
Old 12/23/09, 01:27 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would do uca's lca's .a turbo. forged bottom end. wider rear tire/ or more sticky rubber. and go from there if moneys left over.. Actually what I would really do is save the money for the new 5.0, but thats me!
Old 1/1/10, 07:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Wow, I dont see the hurry or gotta know now. What kind of car do you see being created. This place is for those with some basic mod ideas and those on a quest to build a car of their dreams. Is it just raw HP you want? 15K is really not a lot when you talk blowers, etc. From what I have read, the stock 4.6 will safely handle 425-450 FWHP. The problem is then the cast Rods, Pistons. I say go wtih a stroker crate engine or a shelby 5.4 or wait for the new 302. Maybe sell the car and start over. If you go with a blower, stay with a roots style (not knocking the centi but most builders are using the roots for some reason). Well I have rambled long enough.
Old 1/1/10, 07:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you want to know how to build a high horsepower car and spend your money you should go visit this forum.

S197forum.com

There is nothing wrong with this forum and I have been here for a long time but there are other forums for the Mustang that are better suited to answer your questions. Good luck on your quest!
Old 1/1/10, 07:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dear Donny,

I read this thread and saw your frustration. The issue is if you have a car that is done, except for the driveline and you want to remain a 4.6L you will drop at least $12K into motor and driveline to make a high horsepower car that is controllable and reliable.

I am on the "waiting" to improve power levels phase myself. I figure I got two or three ways to accomplish my goal, but they all require some patience.

1.) Wait for an Aluminator deal and get a 700 Hp motor from Ford Racing. Take the new Six-Spd single overdrive trans out of the '11. Put a Currie 9" rear end in the car and have the driveshaft made custom. I would then run 3.90:1 rear gears with a 305 tire in back.

2.) Have one of those crazy 548 conversions done by a qualified shop. Makes over 600Hp NA and then upgrade the rest of the car to handle the Hp level.

3.) Pool your resources, sell your existing car, get a 2011 or 2012 GT500.

You got time and sometimes that's a bad thing for the mind. You can't spend your money now because you're over there, but don't be in a hurry to drop all of it the second you come back.

April is a good time to look into stock investments. Maybe you should look into letting your money make some money for you while you are away.