GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Western Motorsports CAI and a California Dreamin hood install

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/06, 07:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Western Motorsports CAI and a California Dreamin hood install

Well I got the W M S intake system tuesday , and installed it . Lets just say I dont think they tried it with anything other than the stock hood .
The install is real straight forward and simple I had it done in an hour , a good system and simple instructions .
However the way the air filter sits under the hood , and the extra meet of the hood for the ram air openings doesnt work well together . The filter hits the hood , i had to cut the factory over flow bottle locations off the shroud to get enough clearance for the filter to sit down .
Also had to modify there bracket for the overflow bottle , it was a little to high for the hood , again because of the flow path of the ram air set up .

I will pretty up my mods when I get back from Steamboat , to make it look just a little more attractive .
With that said I think there intake is a good system , and I can tell right off that there is a definate power gain .
K better pack up dont want to be late for the round up . I will foloww up with info on the shake down trip .
Old 6/16/06, 04:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should've known that was coming...