GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Video !! Flowmaster+x Pipe+ Resonator+blown Baffle

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/07, 10:06 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Vids /flows+ X Pipe+ Resonators + Blown Baffles

Here are 2 vids that flowmaster owners should watch.
The off road xpipe,flowmaster and vibrant resononator set up. I have to admit, the out come was a lot better than I thought. The sound is great. deeper, less rasp,interior noise tolerable,and more low end torque. The over all sound is more refined and mean at the same time. I 100% suggest getting the vibrant resonators if ya have the the x pipe and flowmaster.
Vid 2 shows a closer look at the broken welds on my American Thunder Flowmaster
system. What's sad about this is that I'm not the only one facing this problem

vid 3 shows another flowmaster owner with the same problem
ENJOY THE VIDEOS

VID 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhxFrg9DSHA

VID 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKXZ1jIr40g

VID 3 http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=696418
Old 6/21/07, 01:15 AM
GT Member

They better do something to make me happy. I have a BIG MOUTH

Flowmaster Product Warranty

TEN (10) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY FOR STAINLESS STEEL MUFFLERS

ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY FOR ALUMINIZED MUFFLERS, KITS, AND OTHER NON-RACE PRODUCTS

Flowmaster, Inc. ("Flowmaster") extends the following limited warranty to the original purchaser of its Stainless Steel and Aluminized Mufflers, Kits, and other Non-race Products (hereafter "Products"):

Flowmaster warrants the Products mentioned above against defects in materials and workmanship for the period set forth below, when they are owned by the original purchaser and remain installed on the vehicle on which they were originally installed. This warranty is void if the product was not installed properly on the vehicle, was installed on a vehicle for which it was not designed, or was removed from the vehicle on which it was originally installed and reinstalled on another vehicle.

The warranty set forth herein for Stainless Steel Mufflers extends for a period of ten (10) years from the date of original purchase. The warranty set forth herein for Aluminized Mufflers, Kits, and other Non-race Products extends for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase.

This warranty shall not apply to any product that was installed on any commercial or racing vehicle, installed improperly or contrary to Flowmaster's instructions, altered, misused, or repaired or damaged from accident, collision, or willful or negligent act.

To make any claim under the terms of this limited warranty, the original purchaser MUST telephone Flowmaster at 1-800-544-4761 and obtain a Returned Goods Authorization number. The purchaser must return the product to Flowmaster at 2975 Dutton Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95407 (or such other address provided by Flowmaster) along with the Returned Goods Authorization number and proof of purchase of the covered product. The proof of purchase must clearly show the place of purchase, product purchased, and date of purchase. If, upon inspection by Flowmaster, the product is found to be defective in material or workmanship, Flowmaster shall reimburse the owner for the cost of shipping the product to Flowmaster and, at its option, either exchange the product for new product with the same part number or refund the original purchase price. FLOWMASTER'S LIABILITY IS EXPRESSLY LIMITED TO THE PAYMENT OF SHIPPING COSTS AND THE REPLACEMENT OF THE PRODUCT OR REFUND OF THE PURCHASE PRICE AS DESCRIBED HEREIN. FLOWMASTER SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR THE COST OF INSTALLATION OR REMOVAL OF THE DEFECTIVE PRODUCT OR FOR THE COST OF LABOR OR ANY ADDITIONAL PARTS REQUIRED TO COMPLETE THE INSTALLATION OF REPLACEMENT PRODUCT.

This warranty is not contingent upon the purchaser's return of the Warranty Registration Form found in the product package. If, however, the purchaser completes and returns that form to Flowmaster, Flowmaster will keep that form on file and it will serve as the proof of purchase.

The warranties set forth herein are exclusive and, unless otherwise required by applicable law, no other warranties are made by Flowmaster or are authorized to be made with respect to the product.

IN NO EVENT SHALL FLOWMASTER BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OR PROFIT) RESULTING FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCT, ANY BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR ANY DEFECT IN THE PRODUCT, EVEN IF FLOWMASTER SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH POTENTIAL LOSSES OR DAMAGES.

SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.

THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
Old 6/21/07, 05:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for making that video. You can really hear the noise clearly.

So the vibrant resonators completely eliminate the trumpeting at 2500 rpms when the engine is under a load??? That is my biggest issue about an o/r setup on this car. It makes that friggin noise for a second, then goes away. Also, do they make the car quieter??
Old 6/21/07, 05:47 AM
GT Member

Holeshot

The Resonators eliminate all the trumpets when decelerating. If ya watch the last minute of the vid ,I'm demonstrating high rpm and the 2500 rpm deceleation point where it sounds like someone is throwing up. TOTALLY GONE. Now it's like a rumble. As far as Flowmaster goes. I should be getting a phone call today. The car is a little quieter. Same volume when ya really get on it.
Old 6/21/07, 06:22 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Maybe its the X pipe, but mine didn't really sound like that when it was broken. It was more of a metallic whirring sound for lack of a better way to describe it..lol If you have your receipt they should exchange them for you.
Old 6/21/07, 08:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2006muzzy
The Resonators eliminate all the trumpets when decelerating. If ya watch the last minute of the vid ,I'm demonstrating high rpm and the 2500 rpm deceleation point where it sounds like someone is throwing up. TOTALLY GONE. Now it's like a rumble. As far as Flowmaster goes. I should be getting a phone call today. The car is a little quieter. Same volume when ya really get on it.

Thanks!...but I'm talking about when you take off and hit 2500 rpms, not deceleration. It makes a distinctive tone when you take off from a stop in mid throttle at 2500. If that goes away, then I am sold!
Old 6/21/07, 04:45 PM
GT Member

trumpet sound

if ya mean that awful trumpet Blaaaaaaa sound. Then the answer is yes. Believe me . The sound is 100% better
Old 6/21/07, 04:47 PM
GT Member

had it checked

Originally Posted by Donna
Maybe its the X pipe, but mine didn't really sound like that when it was broken. It was more of a metallic whirring sound for lack of a better way to describe it..lol If you have your receipt they should exchange them for you.
No Its the muffler. where did your x pipe break??? I don't know anyone who keeps receipts for mufflers. they usually don't break unless they rust out
Old 6/21/07, 05:14 PM
Queen Of Nascar

No Its the muffler. where did your x pipe break??? I don't know anyone who keeps receipts for mufflers. they usually don't break unless they rust out
No, I meant maybe the sound was different on mine because I don't have a x-pipe. Man..I keep my receipts for everything I've done to my car...lol
Old 6/21/07, 05:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Donna
No, I meant maybe the sound was different on mine because I don't have a x-pipe. Man..I keep my receipts for everything I've done to my car...lol
the h pipe which is stock does sound a lot different than the x pipe.
I will start as of today to save all receipts.
Old 6/21/07, 06:10 PM

Tony Great Vid! I have the same problem with the broken Baffle as I think you know from my post on the issue. I too have no orig receipt so I am scrambling to try to get one from somewhere to get them to replace these. If you get some results another way please let me know.
Old 6/21/07, 06:32 PM
GT Member

FLOWMASTER WROTE to ME

Originally Posted by DavidM
Tony Great Vid! I have the same problem with the broken Baffle as I think you know from my post on the issue. I too have no orig receipt so I am scrambling to try to get one from somewhere to get them to replace these. If you get some results another way please let me know.

The contact on thier web site is taken care by thier web support, Not flowmaster itself.
They gave me the flowmaster tech number to call. They said any issues please let flowmaster know.
1-800-544-4761 or 1-707-544-4761
IF ANYONE IS HAVING THE SAME ISSUES PLZ CALL AND LET THEM KNOW. OTHERWISE THEY WILL CONTINUE MAKING THE SAME MISTAKE.
I THINK THEY USE ROBOTICS FOR THE WELDING .
Old 6/21/07, 06:39 PM
GT Member

If flowmaster blows me off!!

I'm kinda bummed that a company that I swore by for 20 years might let me down. I'm gonna call in the morning. If I don't get any where , I will take both mufflers to a welder, mig cut the top off and re -weld. If they can't do it , I have some thinkin to do. I love flowmasters but do I take the chance on an flawed product?
I think we can stir up some attention if once people realize they are not the only ones with this problem
Old 6/21/07, 06:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm kinda bummed that a company that I swore by for 20 years might let me down. I'm gonna call in the morning. If I don't get any where , I will take both mufflers to a welder, mig cut the top off and re -weld. If they can't do it , I have some thinkin to do. I love flowmasters but do I take the chance on an flawed product?
I think we can stir up some attention if once people realize they are not the only ones with this problem

Hey Tony, if all else fails...you can always go with their original 40 series two chamber mufflers. That is what I ended up doing (I originally went through 3 sets of A/T's and still have the 4th sitting in my barn). In my opinion the 40 series are a lot deeper, and sound much better.
Old 6/21/07, 07:05 PM

Hey Mark do you have any video or sound clips with the 40 series? I have basically the same set up as you and am curious of the sound difference.
Old 6/21/07, 07:18 PM
GT Member

question

Originally Posted by holeshot
Hey Tony, if all else fails...you can always go with their original 40 series two chamber mufflers. That is what I ended up doing (I originally went through 3 sets of A/T's and still have the 4th sitting in my barn). In my opinion the 40 series are a lot deeper, and sound much better.
Are the 40 series louder than the AT's??
Old 6/21/07, 08:28 PM
GT Member

I made another vid ( a closer look at the broken baffles)

Here is VIDEO #2 Vid 1 can be watched at 1st post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKXZ1jIr40g
Old 6/21/07, 08:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DavidM
Hey Mark do you have any video or sound clips with the 40 series? I have basically the same set up as you and am curious of the sound difference.
Here you go. I made this with my digital camera back in February I think. It was very cold (hence the white smoke). The sound quality isnt the greatest, but you get a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMAoEyERfUw

Are the 40 series louder than the AT's??
Actually Tony, I think they are a little bit quieter. I think the more deeper tone carries a lot farther because people can hear me miles away! I still set off car alarms and rattle windows...lol.
Old 6/21/07, 08:43 PM
GT Member

Thanks Mark

Originally Posted by holeshot
Here you go. I made this with my digital camera back in February I think. It was very cold (hence the white smoke). The sound quality isnt the greatest, but you get a good idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMAoEyERfUw

Actually Tony, I think they are a little bit quieter. I think the more deeper tone carries a lot farther because people can hear me miles away! I still set off car alarms and rattle windows...lol.
The 40's sound really good. You said that you went through 3 sets of A/T's. For what reason?? Did they go bad??
Old 6/21/07, 11:04 PM
GT Member

A Reply to Flowmaster after getting a generic response

Craig,
Thanks for giving me this info.But I need to take this a little further.
What I'm asking from you now is the president or Ceo of Flowmasters e-mail, address or any other means of contact. I'm not gonna be brushed off after being a customer for 20+ years.The warranty shouldn't be any issue nor should the proof of purchase in my case. I own a 2006 mustang GT. The mufflers were just developed no longer than 2 years ago.It's not like I'm asking for replacements on my 1989 mustang.
Please give me the contact that I'm looking for.

Quick Reply: Video !! Flowmaster+x Pipe+ Resonator+blown Baffle