GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Which Vendor (other than Tillman) sells Tokico's, Steeda Springs & BMR Products?

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/07, 09:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MrClean
Yes, I'd heard good things about Tillman too, and that's why I tested with a small order (father's day gift from my wife), but every chain has a weak link, and in this case it's CR's partner, or whom ever the other guy is. When I called and asked for CR yesterday, twice he said hold on, laid the phone down on the desk, and I sat there listening to the bantering, etc until I hung up 15 minutes later; and this happened twice.

I don't think customer service ends when you place the order, in fact that's when it should start, and I don't think that I should feel like a vendor is doing me a favor by me giving them business. Not actually complaining about Tillman, but they probably won't get anymore of my business.

This is why I say Brenspeed. Two years ago, I received my cai/tuner from him and installed it. Immediately I the car went into limp mode (9pm pacific time), I posted on this site about the issue and at 6am the next morning Brent himself called me and helped me fix the problem.

From that moment on, he would be the person I used and recommended. That is customer service!
Old 7/4/07, 01:10 PM
GT Member

Dyno Joe!!!

He's probably got the best overall customer service around. So far I've purchased almost all of my parts through him and they have all been delivered in a timely manner. He also commutes with you back and forth for what ever means possible and not only strives to achieve his customers business, but their respect as a person and is willing to do anything needed to assist you. I've delt with quite a few vendors and feel he is right at NUMERO UNO!! I also have to give props to Brenspeed and Bamachips as well as they are amazing vendors that I would highly suggest.

I've actually gotten to the point where I don't necessarily look for the best prices but the best service that can be offered. You have many to choose from so just pick up the phone and start calling!!!

- Justin
Old 7/4/07, 02:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

never heard of that guy, what is the story with him?
Old 7/4/07, 03:25 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Brenspeed and Silverhorseracing are the 2 most customer friendly co's I've worked with.
Old 7/4/07, 06:31 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
Brenspeed and Silverhorseracing are the 2 most customer friendly co's I've worked with.
I hear Silverhorse is amazing to work with, I also love their flush quarter scoops for the coupes.

BTW, I love your sig!!!....LoL
Old 7/4/07, 09:00 PM
Cobra Member

Mr Clean

You should also consider the following:

- BMR LCA axle relocation brackets to correct the rear suspension instant center. You don't have to have trick LCA's with this mod. If you do not do this mod after lowering, the car will want to squat more on acceleration and you will scarifice good weight transfer.

- lower a-arm ball joint drop (Steeda). After you lower the car the front roll center will drop which means you have even more roll couple to react at the front suspension. The ball joint drop raises the front roll center and reduces the roll couple = less lean contribution from the front when cornering hard = maintaining better wheel camber. This is a secret most people do not get.

Galaxie has made a very execellent compilation of the do's and dont's. His is the best over my less detailed recommendation posted elsewhere.

Since you plan to track now and then, and you are planning to spend so much money, you might as well do the job right.
Old 7/4/07, 09:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RadBOSS
Mr Clean

- BMR LCA axle relocation brackets to correct the rear suspension instant center. You don't have to have trick LCA's with this mod. If you do not do this mod after lowering, the car will want to squat more on acceleration and you will scarifice good weight transfer.

- lower a-arm ball joint drop (Steeda). After you lower the car the front roll center will drop which means you have even more roll couple to react at the front suspension. The ball joint drop raises the front roll center and reduces the roll couple = less lean contribution from the front when cornering hard = maintaining better wheel camber. This is a secret most people do not get.

Galaxie has made a very execellent compilation of the do's and dont's. His is the best over my less detailed recommendation posted elsewhere.

Since you plan to track now and then, and you are planning to spend so much money, you might as well do the job right.
Wow thanks...wasn't aware of that...I guess I need to make a list of exactly what I need...and now I'm wondering if I shouldn't just do the rear sway bar (already purchased....not arrived yet...sore point) to reduce understeer, and leave the rest alone?

Or do the CHE Adj UCA & Panhard bar, LCA's, Anti-squats, and Panhard brace plus the sway bar I already have, and leave the stock springs/dampers...stock height?
Old 7/5/07, 06:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RadBOSS
Mr Clean

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but my car is seeing a bit more track time than I planned, and I was considering just the BMR LCA and adjustable upper ( http://www.lmperformance.com/15582/73.html). Given what you said, however, maybe I should be looking at the BMR s drag package (http://www.lmperformance.com/15587/73.html). I'm a bit concerned since these include drag shocks, and don't know how they adjust for street driving. What do you think? The money's not the issue, just the performance. This is a street/cruise/show car that's driven hard at the dragstrip 1-3 times per month, weather permitting

John
Old 7/5/07, 09:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by jwgroovin
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but my car is seeing a bit more track time than I planned, and I was considering just the BMR LCA and adjustable upper ( http://www.lmperformance.com/15582/73.html). Given what you said, however, maybe I should be looking at the BMR s drag package (http://www.lmperformance.com/15587/73.html). I'm a bit concerned since these include drag springs, and don't know how they adjust for street driving. What do you think? The money's not the issue, just the performance. This is a street/cruise/show car that's driven hard at the dragstrip 1-3 times per month, weather permitting

John
Not at all dude! This is what these sites are all about, IMHO. Interested in seeing RadBOSS's response.
Old 7/5/07, 09:25 AM
Bullitt Member

I've been wondering about this as well....With all the lowered cars I've seen how many guys actually do either the ball joints or the control arm relocator kit to fix the instant center of the front suspension?? Same question for the bumpster kit??....Wondering how many have installed this as well.

hags1
Old 7/5/07, 11:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by hags1
I've been wondering about this as well....With all the lowered cars I've seen how many guys actually do either the ball joints or the control arm relocator kit to fix the instant center of the front suspension?? Same question for the bumpster kit??....Wondering how many have installed this as well.

hags1
Which raises the question about all those (10,000?) Shelby GT's and who-knows-how-many of the new-for-'08 Shelby GT Verts, that:

1) Don't have the axle re-centered with an adjustable panhard bar;
2) Don't have the LCA relo kit installed which will translate into more dive backward un acceleration;
3) Don't have the Adjustable UCA to correct the CS to axle pinion angle;
4) Don't have the bumpsteer kit to correct for , well, bumpsteer,and;
5) Don't have the control arm relocator kit to correct for the increased roll couple.

Knowing what I know now...I'm dang glad I didn't find one for MSRP when I was looking in Feb! Kinda makes you wonder what the engineering folks at Shelby were thinking....at RETAIL prices the above stuff would have added $600 in parts...for a well engineered lowered suspension....they might have even garnered a better review from Car & Driver in their comparo.
Old 7/5/07, 12:15 PM
Former Vendor

We had a busy week last week when we were away, and I did manage to get the tracking numbers out to everyone. Sorry about being put on hold.

My direct line is 610-497-3711 if you need anything come to me directly in the future and I will take care of it right while you're on the phone.

Thanks, and we do have all the stuff in stock for same day shipping, and at the same if not better prices.

CR
Tillman Speed
610-497-3711
Old 7/5/07, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Hahaha!
Old 7/5/07, 04:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yup, your other post summed it up pretty good...I see what you mean freebass55.
Old 7/5/07, 04:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
CR rocks!

Don't hate on the guy, I have had excellent customer service from him.
Old 7/5/07, 06:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
CR rocks!

Don't hate on the guy, I have had excellent customer service from him.
No one's hatin' on anyone...the thread's objective was for someone relatively ignorant about S197 suspensions (ME) to find out about other vendors that carry those brands.
Old 7/5/07, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey Mr Clean, another thing I got from Hotpart.com is if there is something he doesnt have on his site it is possible he can get it fior you, email Brian with any questions you might still have
Old 7/5/07, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor

Well, we're upset about losing the sale, and more-so the fact that you got left on hold really urkes me, and I find that unprofessional. Believe me, that was the talk of the afternoon and I made a point to correct that from EVER happening again.

If I'm tied up on the other line at the time, someone will either take your number or ASK you if you'd like to hold or leave a message and send you to my voicemail.

Again, I'm sorry that it happened like that. If you'd like to give it another shot, I can get the parts out to you right away, otherwise I completely understand. I'd be quite upset if I got that treatment from anyone. I'd expect that kind of crap service from my credit card company or PECO, NOT from us. No excuses, here... I just corrected it.

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed
Old 7/5/07, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I appreciate the apology, thanks.
Old 7/6/07, 12:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TillmanSpeed
Well, we're upset about losing the sale, and more-so the fact that you got left on hold really urkes me, and I find that unprofessional. Believe me, that was the talk of the afternoon and I made a point to correct that from EVER happening again.

If I'm tied up on the other line at the time, someone will either take your number or ASK you if you'd like to hold or leave a message and send you to my voicemail.

Again, I'm sorry that it happened like that. If you'd like to give it another shot, I can get the parts out to you right away, otherwise I completely understand. I'd be quite upset if I got that treatment from anyone. I'd expect that kind of crap service from my credit card company or PECO, NOT from us. No excuses, here... I just corrected it.

Chris Rose
Tillman Speed

this is pretty cool, most folkes generally try to shy away from crap until it dies, KUDOS, I will need to check out your site for goodies myself.

Quick Reply: Which Vendor (other than Tillman) sells Tokico's, Steeda Springs & BMR Products?