GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

UDP Question

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/07, 05:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that's done, but what a day....

On the way to the shop, the belt got kicked off and shredded, so I got to experience my first tow, something I wasn't too thrilled with. But I finally got there and turned the car over to them for the afternoon. The shop replaced the belt and checked everything out, but couldn't find any cause for the problem. The pulleys were ok, the belt was aligned, the tensioner was ok. they even took it for a drive and said everything was perfect.

Fortunately we decided to give it a last look, before taking off and guess what???? It wasn't perfect. The belt was already starting to shift at the damper. You could feel the belt starting to ride up on the edge of the pulley and it didn't even look like the grooves and ribs were lining up. It still looked to me like the damper sat just a little further out than the path of the belt.

Not being much of a mechanic, hence taking it to a shop in the first place, I can only relay what they said. They claim it's a straight-forward install, with no shims or adjustments to be made, the pulleys bolt right on. It doesn't look like it's possible to push the damper a little further in towards the motor, which is what it looked like it needed.

So to bring a long story to an end, the stock pulleys are back on the car, and everything looks and sounds great. Not really sure what happened with this, not sure if it's the shops fault, I can't see anything that they definately screwed-up on. Maybe it's time for a supercharger....
Old 6/20/07, 06:10 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,238 Likes on 1,788 Posts
I'll also assure you that, it's definitely not the Steeda pulleys..I had Powerhouse Automotive install mine, nearly 2 months ago, and haven't ran into any problems whatsoever..I'd either take your car back to the shop, and have them reinstall the pulleys again, at no charge..Or get your money back, and find another shop, who knows how to install UDP's right, the first time.