GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Tune question, 3.73's etc..........

Search this Thread

Old 9/21/06, 08:14 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tune question, 3.73's etc..........

I'm considering selling my polished C&L CAI to help with my upcoming whipple purchase. I was going to just put my stock airbox back on and reflash w/ the stock tune then I remembered my 3.73 gears. Can I reflash to stock and be ok w/ my 3.73's or will this screw something up. If it only messes w/ my speedometer I can live with that temporarly, but if it is gonna really mess w/ shifting, etc, I don't wanna risk it. Imput needed..........Thanks.
Old 9/22/06, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You should be able to reflash the PCM back to the stock tune, then use your tuner to go back in and make whatever individual changes you want - i.e. tell the computer the gears are now 3:73's - but I would confirm that with the MFR of your tuner.
Old 9/24/06, 05:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe with the X2 you can only make adjustments to the tune your uploading, not on the fly make changes, but I could be wrong. One thing Doug at Bamachips gave me (because I asked) was a copy of the stock tune, which would enable me to do exactly what you are wanting, and I would need too if I went back to stock since I now have 3.73's. Check with your tuner and see if they will email you the stock tune for your calibration code.