GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

are there any mod friendly dealers in alabama

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/07, 07:43 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are there any mod friendly dealers in alabama

I do not have many mods, just bamachips, frpp exhaust, but I was to get offroad h from brenspeed and was just a little worried about what would be on the car if I needed service.

thanks
Old 2/15/07, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

I'm not sure either. I will feeling out my dealer soon. But I don't know of any right now.
Old 2/15/07, 09:53 AM

Dealers can not void your warranty or refuse to do warranty work on your car due to modifications. It is a law. Now, if your modifications directly, without a doubt cause some sort of issue in the car then they can void your warranty on that part or resulting issue. I've had a transmission changed out on mine due to warranty and my car is far from stock. However, if all you're doing is an o/r H and you have a tune and mufflers on it, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Hell, if you have a Ford Certified mechanic do a Ford racing supercharger install on your car, it's still covered under warranty. Besides all that, if you did run into some problems with the car it's not too hard to change out a mid pipe and plug in your xcal and put the stock tune back on. I'm not sure what law it is that states that they can't void your warranty, but you might want to look it up.
Old 2/15/07, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Hell, if you have a Ford Certified mechanic do a Ford racing supercharger install on your car, it's still covered under warranty.
Sorry, but according to the FRPP web site that's not accurate:

" All Ford Racing Parts are aftermarket parts. Ford Racing Parts are not Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories. Therefore, they may not be used in any application that requires the use of Genuine Ford Parts or Accessories.
Ford Racing Performance Parts are sold "as is" with no warranty. A Limited Warranty is available for some select parts and will be denoted by the following logo...
"

None of the FRPP Whipple superchargers for the `05 up models shows the logo and none of them are on the warrantied parts list:
http://www.fordracingparts.com/warra...rantyparts.asp

Some dealers are more "mod-friendly" than others and even though the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act dictates how a warranty should be handled it doesn't mean a dealer can't make it a huge pain in your @$$ to get something done if they don't want to play along. Also, even though a local dealer may let something slide if you ever break down while traveling out of state you're going to have to work with a different dealer who may or may not be a by-the-book facility.
Old 2/15/07, 08:03 PM

See I had heard differently about FRPP parts. But apparently you are correct. My dealership had told me that my statements about the superchargers were true. Even when I went to the Shelby show last sping a guy from ford had told me that you could put those on and still maintain your warranty. Maybe Ford changed their mind. Or maybe what I was told wasn't true.

I agree with you that a dealership could make a big stink about doing warranty work on a car, even with the Magnusson Moss act. I just know that I must be one of the lucky few that has a dealership that is cool with it. They were like hell you bought and paid for the car and it was given a warranty, who are we to tell you what you can and can't do to it.
Old 2/15/07, 09:34 PM

Hopefully FRPP will consider adding `05 up superchargers to their warranty list, the coverage would probably have pulled me away from the Saleen for a Whipple. Most Roush superchargers are installed more with the warranty in mind than the performance - for the same money Saleen or Whipple puts out more power and is upgradeable. FRPP also has to take into consideration that the 4.6L 3V blocks have those wimpy powdered connecting rods in them. That's a bit of a risk when a portion of their customers would just bang it off the rev limiter figuring if it breaks FRPP or Ford pays.

Ford corporate should know that the only thing you want powdered is the doughnuts you're trying to bribe the nice officer with!
Old 2/16/07, 04:10 PM
Cobra Member

Personally I just take my C&L out everytime I go to the dealership just to be safe. But I do have an H Pipe on the way.... hmmmm lol I already leave my SLPs on so I'll prob end up leaving that on as well. Like 06GT500 said, if something really bad happened... just rip everything off!