GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Talk about a bad day, started off good too!

Search this Thread

Old 6/26/07, 04:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talk about a bad day, started off good too!

I do property managemnet in Kansas City. I left Ford in April on a separation package, I still do property upkeep and all. I decided to MOD
the Mustang and ordered a FRPP X pipe from local supplier, and got a new take off GTA exhaust from a Ford dealer. I dropped the car off this morning and let them install the X pipe, they welded it in over using the clamps. I get dropped off to pick it up, and drove back it back to the office. I will admit is does sound good, but I think the new mufflers will bring it out more, I hope. According to Fedex, they have began tracing the package as it has no data from when it was picked up. Talk about a bad afternoon.

One thing has gone my way, I was offered a raise, a weeks vacation, and told I will be able to renew a contract I have with one of my properties I do upkeep on for another year from August since the sale was closed by buyer. So all in all, not bad but I wanted the new exhaust notes for the evening here.........

Fingers crossed, can't wait!
Old 6/26/07, 04:40 PM
Cobra Member

I hope they can track down the package!! And congrats on the *good news*!!

I had my GTA's for about a month now, very nice! And I just had the X-Pipe installed this weekend, and they too welded it up rather than use the clamps... And I really like the sound (and I swear it added a little power, but I think I am imagining that, LOL)... You'll be happy with the combo! That is if they can track down those mufflers!!

Good luck!
Old 6/26/07, 04:46 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nothing worse than waiting on parts for your stang! Seems like an eternity.
Old 6/26/07, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by one_mean_marine
Aint that the truth. Waited 4weeks for my CDC Chin spoiler . Hope all goes well with the GTA's
Old 6/26/07, 08:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Got a call from their call center a few minutes ago. It was located in an empty trailer in transfer center in KS? I was told it would be here in the morning, brought by someone other than a regular route employee. I sure hope it is intact and not beat up.
Old 6/26/07, 08:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Good luck Brandon..... let us know how it turns out.
Old 6/26/07, 08:44 PM
GT Member

how bout waitin for your stang lol:banghe ad::banghe ad:
Old 6/27/07, 03:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Fedex is coming to my house before 5:15 this afternoon.
Old 6/27/07, 03:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
tick tick tick tick
Old 6/27/07, 04:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Too bad I got a date tonight, wonder if she wouldn't mind staying in? LOL
Old 6/27/07, 04:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well they made the trip, one tip has a minor indentation but will be easy to repair. I will post some photos once I get them on, maybe later this evening if she wants to help!
Old 6/27/07, 10:43 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Well dinner was great, the show was hilarious and the Mustang, well she is breathing alot more healthier now. Talk about an improvement, holy moly good golly molly! Talk about a lamb in sheeps wool, this things rocks! Too bad it is raining here this evening, it is begging to be driven tonight!
Old 6/29/07, 04:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
a day in the life of Brandon, one minute at a time, so what are you having for dinner tonight?

Old 6/29/07, 04:48 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Kevin, I am grilling out, what is on your mind? I wish it would stop raining here in Kansas City, sitting in the shop with the door open and car running is not what I had in mind here, LOL

Everyone have a safe and happy 4th of July, I know I am early but some of you all may not be around next week if you are traveling and all. I will snap some photos this afternoon.
Old 6/29/07, 05:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well its been dead around here at the dealership, my ebay sales may as well of been turned off for the past couple weeks. Got a few really nice sales though and I'm not hurting for money so I'm in the slacker zone big time. I should of just taken a couple weeks off....End of the month stuck working all the hours for the next couple days sucks when you have new goodies for the car in boxes in the living room with no time to put them in. So I'm swamped doing a whole bunch of nothing when all the buddies are playing and swiming and boating and bbq'n.... And the more free time sitting around WE have, the more that management has to track you down and bug you- 'what do you have workin?, who you callin? anything in the works?' blah blah blah, gettin hard to hide around here.
Old 6/29/07, 05:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I shut down me ebay sales for 2 weeks, hint hint. I know if it does not stop raining here my car wash profit for June will go down the drain for July. I have some outdoor projects on hand, landscape, new deck, and home theater but outdoor is no go due to rain.
Old 6/29/07, 05:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

I was getting ready to leave for work today-just getting ready to go out the door... I went to put my V8(juice) back in the fridge and I hear this quiet rollrollroll and poof! Fresh, full bottle of Pino Grigio hits the floor and breaks, and with the tiny tilt in the floor, most runs under the fridge. So out comes a roll of paper towels, out comes the fridge and I started my day wiping up wine in a dusty mud with a couple soaked cat toys and dead spiders with paper towels, out comes the mop, blah blah blah. I had to take a 'zen' moment when it happened or I could feel a possible adrenalin spike and its Hulk smash time. And the day hasn't been much better.... I did get my CAI and tune put on today though in the parking lot

...........Although, it was threatening to rain but I was just about done and noticed one of the screws for the MAF was missing(of course a metric fine-pitch we don't have in our giant tower of screw bins in parts dept that I spent 10 minutes going through and a few techs tried to find a spare somewhere), so off to Lowe's, get the screws, sit in rush hour traffic for the 2.5 miles it takes 20 minutes. With the cell phone ringing every 8.5 minutes with a manager asking me 'got anything working?'....Put it in, load the tune, and it promptly starts to pour for an hour and soaks the streets.... Dried up enough though for a few power runs up the block, so its all good.

Thought that is keeping with the theme of the thread title...

Oh, and I had it initially lined up with the parts in place and had the maf wire plug a little high, so I rotated the pipe in the semi-tightened fitting and promptly scratched the black pipe on the PS resevoir.... I was going to put the JLT sticker over it but the nice little SCT 3d badge covered it right up and looks **** good too.

Still have to wait 'till 9pm before I can go out prowling with the new toys...A few near Hulk smash moments and still have hope for some evening fun.

Was going to go to the local watering hole after work but since I was rained on, twice, my hair is now a poof fest so I would have to go home to fix 'er up before going back out...so no go on that.

Come to think of it, I may end up with the po po so maybe I just go home and play some Forza...

You ever get one of those moments when you realize you should of just taken the last 2 weeks off, and now that I've been slacking, I'll bust my butt next month and not have any time for a vacation 'cause I'll be so mad at last month for both slacking and NOT taking time off...
Old 6/29/07, 06:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

And yes, I have had many a day in total distraction because I knew the UPS guy was coming with new toys. I live close enough to home I can rush back to the condo office to pick up the box before 6(because I'm stuck at work till 7)....
Old 6/30/07, 07:22 AM
Cobra R Member

Mark there is something worse and tbat is waiting on the car from an installer. Over a month now!
Old 6/30/07, 07:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

A month? For what?

Quick Reply: Talk about a bad day, started off good too!