GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

TacoBill's Hotlinks

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/07, 01:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
New additions to the Hotlinks incase you're not keeping up.

BMR Swaybar Delete Kit Install (By 89Trooper)
Leather E-Brake Handle Install (in LEO_06GT's car)
BSM Rocker Panel Stripe install (by OKCMustangGT)
Ford Daytime Running Lights (DRL) Module Install (by OKCMustangGT)

Guide to Properly Lowering your S197 (Very thourough explanation by Galaxie)

Now you're current as of 3/2.
Old 3/4/07, 06:54 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Regarding the DLR module installation, you pointed out the one has dual output. What does that actually mean ... it can run more than one pair of lights? i.e. the headlight and the fog lights, the headlights and the front parking lights, etc.?
Old 3/5/07, 08:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by RadBOSS
Regarding the DLR module installation, you pointed out the one has dual output. What does that actually mean ... it can run more than one pair of lights? i.e. the headlight and the fog lights, the headlights and the front parking lights, etc.?
If I am not mistaken, Dual Output is for cars that utilize 2 sets of headlights for brights and regular lights. Our Stangs only use one set.
Old 3/6/07, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by ADudeInNewJersey
ALL HAIL TACOBILL FOR ALLOWING US TO SAVE MONEY AND MAKE US FEEL LIKE WE CAN DO A LOT FOR OUR CARS ON OUR OWN!!!

WE'RE NOT WORTHY!!!! (lol)

This says it ALL. I'm new to this forum.......found it because i googled Pypes H-pipe install tips. And what do i find???? The whole reason i bought the H-pipe to begin with, TacoBill's youtube exhaust comparison. Thanks for all this Bill
Old 3/6/07, 04:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone have a write up for Meziere Water Pump and new pulleys? If not I guess I'll create one in a couple of weeks. LOL.
Old 4/12/07, 09:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
MGW Shifter Springs

Hi Bill,
Any chance you might do a "how to" on changing the springs in the newest MGW shifter? I should recieve my shifter tomorrow and these new progressive springs George is talking about sound very interesting. Your write ups rule dude.
Old 4/12/07, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by goldenpony
Hi Bill,
Any chance you might do a "how to" on changing the springs in the newest MGW shifter? I should recieve my shifter tomorrow and these new progressive springs George is talking about sound very interesting. Your write ups rule dude.
Thanks Jim.

Yes, will be doing a little write-up on the spring swap (when I get mine). But, it'll only apply to the first beta group. I believe MGW is now shipping the shifters out with the progressive springs installed.

Might want to check yours out when it arrives, it may already have them in.
Old 4/15/07, 10:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Gauge Faces?

Bill,
Have you ever thought about a writeup for installing a white face gauge face overlay in an '05+ Mustang GT? I am thinking about an NR Auto gauge face kit for my '06 GT. I am wondering if they'll work with my "My Color" option.
Old 4/15/07, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TacoBill
Thanks Jim.

Yes, will be doing a little write-up on the spring swap (when I get mine). But, it'll only apply to the first beta group. I believe MGW is now shipping the shifters out with the progressive springs installed.

Might want to check yours out when it arrives, it may already have them in.
Yea, I heard back from George- my shifter is already set up with the progressive springs. Thanks Bill.
Old 5/11/07, 03:34 PM
V6 Member

Stopping the squat

Can you or someone tell me the best, most practical way I can get my stock GT not to squat so much when accelerating from a stop. I don't have $1,000 lying around for major suspension changes and I don't want the ride to be so jarring that my back hurts going over expansion joints on the road. I'm also not exactly a pit boss in the garage, either, but I was capable enough to install some hood struts recently. I'm using your guide to help me install a K&N CAI this weekend.

I'm just looking for something relatively simple, relatively inexpensive, and relatively easy to install that will help direct that energy forward, instead of upward (or downward).

You have a great car and look like a cool guy, so I just thought I'd ask.
Thanks.
Old 5/11/07, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by RobRob
Can you or someone tell me the best, most practical way I can get my stock GT not to squat so much when accelerating from a stop.
I've heard that installing some adjustable LCA's may help. I don't have them so I can't say with any certainty.

Unfortunately, the rear squatting is inherent to rear wheel drive vehicles, so I would assume some squat will always be present.

Thanks for the compliments too.

Maybe posting this question in the GT tech thread may yield better or more detailed solutions.
Old 5/11/07, 08:54 PM
V6 Member

Just wanted to throw in another big Thank You! Your instructions have been a great resource!
Old 5/11/07, 09:13 PM
V6 Member

Bill,
Can you tell me where the rear decklid blackout panel on the blue Mustang came from? I love the clean (read: no spoiler) lines on that car, and the blackout panel looks perfect on it.
Thanks.
Old 5/11/07, 10:19 PM

Bill,
Can you tell me where the rear decklid blackout panel on the blue Mustang came from? I love the clean (read: no spoiler) lines on that car, and the blackout panel looks perfect on it.
Thanks.
That Vista Blue GT belongs to my buddy, Brian (habu). I'll have him PM you about the details.
Old 5/27/07, 08:34 AM
GTR Member

Can you or someone tell me the best, most practical way I can get my stock GT not to squat so much when accelerating from a stop.
The Steeda Ultralite springs get rid of a lot, but not all, of the squat during acceleration and the nose dive during braking. Much cheaper than $1000, and Bill has a write-up for them!
Old 5/27/07, 08:47 AM
Bullitt Member

How is the handling with the sway bar delete kit from BMR?
Old 5/27/07, 08:19 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by HEADACHEZ
How is the handling with the sway bar delete kit from BMR?
Excellent.

Since the Steeda Ultralite springs are a tad stiffer than stock, there is no body roll through corners. If there IS body roll, it is unnoticable. The rear swaybar is still there helping, too.

Also, the swaybar is almost always pre-loaded (unless everything from the factory is absolutely perfect). A way to tell if it's pre-loaded is to watch as you connect the swaybar links to the struts. As you tighten the last connection, you can watch the swaybar move (twist). This not only leans the car in one direction (one side sits lower than the other), but it causes understeer in one direction, and oversteer in the other direction. Removal of the swaybar eliminates both of these problems!

Another plus is driving comfort. You lose some comfort when you lower the car. Removing the swaybar brought back some of the lost comfort, as each side of the front end is now truely independant (one side doesn't act against the other).

I wouldn't recommend it if you are planning on doing any road racing, though.
Old 5/27/07, 08:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks 89 for all the info No plans on road racing just my dail commuter and occasional weekend drag'sHave you noticed any excessive tire wear up front since the removal. Also what about the BMR coils or would you only reccomend the Steeda Ultralights? Thanks again for all the help
Old 5/27/07, 10:44 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by HEADACHEZ
Thanks 89 for all the info No plans on road racing just my dail commuter and occasional weekend drag'sHave you noticed any excessive tire wear up front since the removal. Also what about the BMR coils or would you only reccomend the Steeda Ultralights? Thanks again for all the help
No abnormal tire wear. Removing the swaybar and crossmember, and replacing it with the delete kit, doesn't change your alignment. It might bring the nose up a hair because of the weight loss, but my camber and toe stayed the same.

I've never tried any other springs on this Mustang, but I really like the Ultralites. Other kits out there will drop the car more, but I don't think you'll find a kit that retains ride comfort as much as the Ultralites...
Old 6/7/07, 09:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

tacobill.. love all the writes up dude.. they are great. I am thinking of installing the Rotopros and I see you have a write up for the rear. Is the front ones pretty much the same process??? Do you have a write up for those??

Quick Reply: TacoBill's Hotlinks