GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Sure hope Doug frm Bamachips gets back soon.....

Search this Thread

Old 10/14/05, 08:03 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm DYIN' waiting for my Xcal 2 and new tune...........
Old 10/14/05, 09:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just went to his site to email him and it said he's away helping with hurricane Rita. I got my 4.10's in today, so I need a tuner to fix the speedo...might as well get some performance tunes, ya dig?

Anyone know how much it costs for an XCAL2 plus 4 tunes? I know only 3 can fit on the tuner at once, but you can load others onto it from a computer, right?
Old 10/15/05, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by clockworks@October 14, 2005, 9:02 PM
I just went to his site to email him and it said he's away helping with hurricane Rita. I got my 4.10's in today, so I need a tuner to fix the speedo...might as well get some performance tunes, ya dig?

Anyone know how much it costs for an XCAL2 plus 4 tunes? I know only 3 can fit on the tuner at once, but you can load others onto it from a computer, right?
I believe it's $379.00 now (TMS member price) for the X-2 with three tunes from Doug at Bama. He'd likely toss in the 4th tune for free.
Old 10/15/05, 11:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by clockworks@October 14, 2005, 10:02 PM

You would need to get all 4 tune files and store them on a laptop. You can transfer from laptop to tuner but not tuner to laptop.
Old 10/16/05, 12:03 AM

He sent me four tunes... all on a CD. Three of them were also on the X2.

BTW... his tunes rock.
Old 10/16/05, 07:48 AM
V6 Member

Anyone know when he is expected back? I just bought my JLT last night.
Old 10/16/05, 08:42 AM

Originally posted by gotan05@October 16, 2005, 8:51 AM
Anyone know when he is expected back? I just bought my JLT last night.
I spoke to him on Friday, and he indicated he thought he would be back this weekend.

It's going to take him a few days to wade through all the messages and e-mails he's got, so just be patient, and I'm sure he'll get to all of us as soon as he can

Old 10/16/05, 12:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

does he have a tune for the jlt? I was thinking i would get that intake and his tuner/tunes if he does seeing how everyone likes his tunes so much.
Old 10/16/05, 08:25 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by uofh2005@October 16, 2005, 12:05 PM
does he have a tune for the jlt? I was thinking i would get that intake and his tuner/tunes if he does seeing how everyone likes his tunes so much.

Yes he DOES which is one of the final deciding reasons I went with Doug.

Dang I hope he made it back this weekend - its been 3 weeks since I bought my package and I am dying for my new tune :drive: :spin:
Old 10/16/05, 09:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Burke0011@October 16, 2005, 8:28 PM
Yes he DOES which is one of the final deciding reasons I went with Doug.

Dang I hope he made it back this weekend - its been 3 weeks since I bought my package and I am dying for my new tune :drive: :spin:
Well Dave you answered the question I had for you. I knew you were inquiring about Alt. Auto. earlier and I was wondering what helped you decide on Bama Chips. I don't have a cai yet so I'm still undecided. I'm debating between Bamachips and Alt. Auto. When you get it give us an update on how you like it.
Old 10/17/05, 10:32 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by OKLACOP@October 16, 2005, 9:53 PM
Well Dave you answered the question I had for you. I knew you were inquiring about Alt. Auto. earlier and I was wondering what helped you decide on Bama Chips. I don't have a cai yet so I'm still undecided. I'm debating between Bamachips and Alt. Auto. When you get it give us an update on how you like it.
I'll do that Rob!

Again, love your Tungsten beauty! You bringing at Pony to the big Birmingham meet in Sept next year???

Yeah I will let you know - I am hoping to hear from Doug soon.....
truthfully for the sake of easiness, I made my final decision hinge on the CAI - I have heard AWESOME feedback on both Lidio and Doug and don't think you can really lose - from everything I have seen, Lidio does the C&L mainly and in talking with Doug via email, he said he had already specced out the JLT CAI for his tunes and that's all I needed to hear (As I can't really afford to change CAIs right now and I do dig my JLT)
Old 11/8/05, 11:54 AM
FR500 Member

Anyone heard from Doug? Doug, if you are back... I sent you an e-mail about buying a tune file from you. If you didn't get the e-mail, just PM me when you have time and I'll write back and explain what I need.
Old 11/8/05, 12:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I've emailed him about this too. Took a few days to get back the first time. Waiting to hear regarding my reply. I'd give him a few days. I'm sure he's busy.
Old 11/8/05, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Burke, any news?? Did you get it??
Old 11/8/05, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

He's back but I'm sure he's covered up. Make sure your using the correct email address though.

He has the following notice on his website:

11-01-05 !!ATTENTION!! - The order and information email system is currently down. If you've sent a previous message and are still awaiting a response then please email me direct at BamaChips@gmail.com. Same goes for new orders and information. I will remove this message as soon as everything is back up and running properly!
Old 11/8/05, 05:48 PM
Big Falken Tires

Glad I saw this thread bumped so I knew to reply! Things have been crazy since the hurricane and its aftermath - catching up at work after a WEEK out cause of no power is killing me.....

So I was staying down south my with brother (he has a generator) and drove up at the end of the first week of no power to check on my place - AND hit the post office across the street that was 1/2 running..... got my package from Doug.

Now of course the sad thing is, the first week of running the car with the new tune, stoplights were out EVERYWHERE - so it was stop and go EVERYHWERE. Never got a chance to really wind the car out. But right off the bat, I can tell the difference in the idle, and the general driving of the car. The thing is WAY meaner from a dig now for SURE. The one single time the day I installed it I went hard, I got off this access road that joins up to a main road. Not a LONG stretch but you have to come to a complete stop - flashing red - and there was no one around. (for once!!! cars were everyewhere that day)

SO I hammered it with the OD off. Tires squealed like crazy but still a good launch - she pulled hard and loud, hit second and the back end broke loose, tires chirped, and I couldn't get the smile off my face.

I am DYING to get to the track to see how this affects my quarter mile times. And I haven't even played with the 93 performance tune yet! Still running the 93 torque tune.

Plus I have to say as cool as Diablosport and the Predator is, I find myself liking the XCal 2 better immediately. Way faster time flashing the car - much less ignition on, ignition off dance. And I have yet to load and mess with the XCal software that comes with the tuner too!

So far I am one happy camper. And I am watching as Doug puts HIS auto through the paces cause you know exactly where his research will go - right into the tunes.

Bamachip s ROCKS. :worship:
Old 11/9/05, 10:52 AM
FR500 Member

Dave, sorry to hear you are having hurricane issues, bro. Glad to know everything's getting back to normal. I was living on a generator for almost 3 weeks so I know how that is. And glad to hear you like the tune from Doug. I sent him a PM and just got a reply... hopefully I will have a tune e-mailed to me by the end of the week. After reading your post, I'm sure I'll be pleased with Doug's tune.
Old 11/9/05, 11:45 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by acadian@November 9, 2005, 11:55 AM
Dave, sorry to hear you are having hurricane issues, bro. Glad to know everything's getting back to normal. I was living on a generator for almost 3 weeks so I know how that is. And glad to hear you like the tune from Doug. I sent him a PM and just got a reply... hopefully I will have a tune e-mailed to me by the end of the week. After reading your post, I'm sure I'll be pleased with Doug's tune.

You should be happy bro!

By the way - I have plans in the works to get my hot little hands on a bassani stainless xpipe for the DK II......
Old 11/9/05, 12:11 PM
FR500 Member

Nice... glad you went with Bassani. I installed mine last weekend. My Bassani axleback will be in Thursday, so will have it on before this weekend. You have the Flowmasters, right? And are you getting the cats for the x, or off-road?
Old 11/9/05, 01:16 PM
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by acadian@November 9, 2005, 1:14 PM
Nice... glad you went with Bassani. I installed mine last weekend. My Bassani axleback will be in Thursday, so will have it on before this weekend. You have the Flowmasters, right? And are you getting the cats for the x, or off-road?
Best of both worlds my good man - I am getting the one with the high flow cats that are removable, and you can put on the offroad pipes.

Hey - you installed yourself??
How was it? I had a buddy of my brother's all lined up so we could use one of the lifts in his shop - he said no prob, just come in on a Sat morn and we could use one no prob.

Ummm... after Wilma, his shop is barely standing. :bang:

So it looks like driveway/jackstand install.

Quick Reply: Sure hope Doug frm Bamachips gets back soon.....