Leave it alone and keep the wife
21.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Supercharger and Divorce, or No supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/07, 10:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I once had the same choice to make. See sig.
Old 9/6/07, 11:27 AM

When I told my wife I was ordering a supercharger, she said: "And how old are you?".
Old 9/6/07, 12:06 PM
GT Member

ok so here is what ya do buy the sc and then buy her some diamonds(dont tell her how much either costs but you can spend less on the diamonds) ......I had it working untill needing another car for winter came up lol.
Old 9/6/07, 01:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

My wife tried that crap before when I told her I was getting a supercharger. She said "Have fun with the supercharger. You'll have plenty of time on your hands to go to your stupid car shows with your gay mustang club! Jordan (my daughter) and I will be out of your life.....by the way, I'm gonna light that mustang on fire in the middle of the street on my way out.....A$$hole!"

There are a few members here that can attest to the validity of the previous statement of events.

Well, needless to say, I not only got my supercharger, she drove me to get it!! It was a close call though. She also drove me back there to get my dyno tune and LT headers installed! She knew going into the marriage about my addiction...... As long as she and my daughter have everything they want, who is she to stop me from modding my cars?

I say do it. If she loves you, she'll get over it.
Old 9/6/07, 02:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
My wife tried that crap before when I told her I was getting a supercharger. She said "Have fun with the supercharger. You'll have plenty of time on your hands to go to your stupid car shows with your gay mustang club! Jordan (my daughter) and I will be out of your life.....by the way, I'm gonna light that mustang on fire in the middle of the street on my way out.....A$$hole!"

There are a few members here that can attest to the validity of the previous statement of events.

Well, needless to say, I not only got my supercharger, she drove me to get it!! It was a close call though. She also drove me back there to get my dyno tune and LT headers installed! She knew going into the marriage about my addiction...... As long as she and my daughter have everything they want, who is she to stop me from modding my cars?

I say do it. If she loves you, she'll get over it.
that sounds an awful lot like my situation!!! did you have any guilt for spending so much money?
Old 9/6/07, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Faber
that sounds an awful lot like my situation!!! did you have any guilt for spending so much money?
Not really guilt, but I felt bad that she was so upset about it. I know that she doesn't understand the need to make a car that is already fast.......faster.........and I know even if the money is available....it could have been used for something other than my s/c.

My rationale was: I devote my life to my family first...... After that, I love my cars! I don't go out drinking with my friends, don't do drugs, don't gamble.......that much. If I'm not with my family, I'm in the garage or a car show. I felt I deserved to treat myself to something I couldn't afford to do 10 years ago. I had the money and opportunity, so I did it.

I did tell my wife afterwards that If I ended up not getting the S/C because of her, I would never feel the same way about her again. And it was true. She knew how much I REALLY wanted that blower.........if she denied me the 1 thing I asked for since we were married....and we can afford it.........it would have given me second thoughts about her feelings for me.
Old 9/6/07, 02:19 PM
V6 Member

All the married car guys on all the car forums are hilarious.
Old 9/6/07, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by postalworker
Well, my wife always let me have my toys.............
but I lost her to breast cancer 3 yrs ago and I would gladly give them all away if I could have her back again. ( together 36 yrs)
Sorry for your loss!
Old 9/6/07, 04:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
Not really guilt, but I felt bad that she was so upset about it. I know that she doesn't understand the need to make a car that is already fast.......faster.........and I know even if the money is available....it could have been used for something other than my s/c.

My rationale was: I devote my life to my family first...... After that, I love my cars! I don't go out drinking with my friends, don't do drugs, don't gamble.......that much. If I'm not with my family, I'm in the garage or a car show. I felt I deserved to treat myself to something I couldn't afford to do 10 years ago. I had the money and opportunity, so I did it.

I did tell my wife afterwards that If I ended up not getting the S/C because of her, I would never feel the same way about her again. And it was true. She knew how much I REALLY wanted that blower.........if she denied me the 1 thing I asked for since we were married....and we can afford it.........it would have given me second thoughts about her feelings for me.
are you sure we are not related? I am the SAME way. I am always at home with my girls. I don't go to bars, don't do drugs, don't smoke, but i dig my car. It is the nicest thing i have owned. It got obliterated in an accident in march and is finally back to somewhat normal. I on the other hand am still feeling the pain from that accident. My left hand is numb, my back still hurts, my neck is always stiff, and my shoulder is hosed. I think I deserve a little supercharged goodness for my pain and suffering....
Old 9/6/07, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

are you sure we are not related? I am the SAME way. I am always at home with my girls. I don't go to bars, don't do drugs, don't smoke, but i dig my car. It is the nicest thing i have owned. It got obliterated in an accident in march and is finally back to somewhat normal. I on the other hand am still feeling the pain from that accident. My left hand is numb, my back still hurts, my neck is always stiff, and my shoulder is hosed. I think I deserve a little supercharged goodness for my pain and suffering....
my point exactly dude. If it's not putting undue financial stress on your family, you deserve it. BTW, I saw your post about asking what mods to do. I wouldn't worry about breaking "other" stuff with the supercharger......just make sure to get a "good" tune and you'll be fine. I could see premature wear on your tires and clutch from all the holeshots but these stangs are pretty strong.........for the most part. I haven't had any issues yet........
Old 9/6/07, 05:56 PM
Cobra Member

right on. I think I got the wife on board. gonna take some more work...now I just gotta get over the guilt....
Old 9/7/07, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Smokeio
When I told my wife I was ordering a supercharger, she said: "And how old are you?".
My wife keeps asking me when I'm going to put a smaller pulley on. Frikkin car is knocking on the 10s and she's not happy yet. Sheesh...
Old 9/7/07, 12:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by don_w
My wife keeps asking me when I'm going to put a smaller pulley on. Frikkin car is knocking on the 10s and she's not happy yet. Sheesh...
that's the kinda woman that guys like us need
Old 9/7/07, 01:43 PM
GT Member

Ditch the brawd and get some boost. Sorry man....just joking, but seriously get some boost!!!
Old 9/7/07, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

This is what I'd do: fake my diappearance, get a disguise and change your name, and move far away. Take the car with you. If you disappear, it's not a divorce, and she can't steal your money (even though she's a woman and would probably figure out how to anyway).
Old 9/7/07, 09:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Why is divorce so expensive?

Because it's worth it!
Old 9/7/07, 10:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you were better in bed you wouldn't have had to start this thread.
Old 9/7/07, 10:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ttbit
Old 9/7/07, 10:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by ttbit
yeah...a guy has to get blown somehow...
Old 9/7/07, 11:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah...a guy has to get blown somehow...

And after 17 year of marriage, the only way that is gonna happen is if I DO get a Supercharger...

Quick Reply: Supercharger and Divorce, or No supercharger