GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

such a sad day:( **pics**

Search this Thread

Old 5/24/11, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
such a sad day:( **pics**

Long story short. My buddy slammed on his breaks because the lady on front of him stopped real sudden. I look down for a split second to put the car in neutral and when I look up I slam on mine rearend him the go into on coming and hit a truck head on. Thank the lord no one was hurt and we all walked away from the accident.
Not totaled and the collision guys say its all bolt on body work
Attached Images     
Old 5/24/11, 09:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

good time to put the bumper of choice you want on- glad no one was hurt. Accidents are no fun.
Old 5/24/11, 09:16 AM
FR500 Member

It's a little more than bolt on, but it should come out fine afterwards.
Old 5/24/11, 09:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by PTRocks
It's a little more than bolt on, but it should come out fine afterwards.
It missed the frame rail and just took off the fenders bumper and Hood. Might get the super snake Hood
Old 5/24/11, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

oof that's rough man. Glad no one was hurt.
Old 5/24/11, 10:12 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
that upper support you see will need to be cut and replaced. The body work may be bolt on/off, but that's gonna require a pretty good bit of work.

make sure they take their time and do it right, and you'll never know the difference
Old 5/24/11, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

The shop had a car they just did. Said the whole front end was pushed over 4 inches. Couldn't even tell. Plus they have lifetime warranty on all things they Do
Old 5/24/11, 10:24 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It can definitely be fixed, but it's nowhere near all bolt on. Your frame isn't crushed, but it will need straightened and squared without question. Your bumper doesn't take a hit like that and not move the rails. The core support has obvious damage. Not trying to ruin your day, but just telling you what you should know. Glad you're OK and good luck with the repairs.
Old 5/24/11, 10:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
It can definitely be fixed, but it's nowhere near all bolt on. Your frame isn't crushed, but it will need straightened and squared without question. Your bumper doesn't take a hit like that and not move the rails. The core support has obvious damage. Not trying to ruin your day, but just telling you what you should know. Glad you're OK and good luck with the repairs.
Its tough to explain but there us This bolt on bumper on top of that front bar behind the real metal bumper. It hit that bolt on bumper and missed the real bumper by 6 inches. It didn't bust my radiatoror even bust my fan. Idk how but it didn't
Old 5/24/11, 02:45 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by zcgstang
Its tough to explain but there us This bolt on bumper on top of that front bar behind the real metal bumper. It hit that bolt on bumper and missed the real bumper by 6 inches. It didn't bust my radiatoror even bust my fan. Idk how but it didn't
I don't know what you're trying to describe, maybe the upper tie bar, but you can clearly see the rebar (aka real bumper) is bent in the pics. Trust me, when you get your estimate from the bodyshop you will see both frame time and a rebar on the sheet.
Old 5/24/11, 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

****...I'm just happy I only have to pay the 500 deductible
Old 5/24/11, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Man, there's no way to look at it without a wince. I know your pain bro. It may take quite a while to sort it all out.

But as was stated earlier, if you wanted to go for a GT500 or a GT/CS front assembly, you should talk to your dealer/insurance agent right now to see what the cost difference would be on the repairs. You'll never get it cheaper. Might as well make some lemonade while you have to wait for it to get fixed!
Old 5/24/11, 07:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mackitraz
Man, there's no way to look at it without a wince. I know your pain bro. It may take quite a while to sort it all out.

But as was stated earlier, if you wanted to go for a GT500 or a GT/CS front assembly, you should talk to your dealer/insurance agent right now to see what the cost difference would be on the repairs. You'll never get it cheaper. Might as well make some lemonade while you have to wait for it to get fixed!
What we think is we will have our insurance come make a quote and they will say I need a new Hood, then ill have the collision repair Guy order a super snake Hood. I mean how Will the insurance company know?
Old 5/24/11, 07:39 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What we think is we will have our insurance come make a quote and they will say I need a new Hood, then ill have the collision repair Guy order a super snake Hood. I mean how Will the insurance company know?
Careful what you say here.
Old 5/24/11, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Careful what you say here.
Wait why? What did I say wrong?
Old 5/24/11, 07:48 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait why? What did I say wrong?
The insurance company probably won't care if they do their own write up estimate. I know a guy that got in a little trouble because a shop juiced the estimate a little so he could upgrade his parts. Just be careful.
Old 5/24/11, 07:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I mean how Will the insurance company know?
Because you just posted it on something that is accessible to the entire world, including the insurance company. Companies have entire depts. that do nothing but comb the internet for anything they can use to their benefit.

Just ask a few on here about warranty repairs that should have been covered after they made posts about what they had done with their cars in the past.
Old 5/24/11, 08:01 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
The shop had a car they just did. Said the whole front end was pushed over 4 inches. Couldn't even tell. Plus they have lifetime warranty on all things they Do
see below

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
The insurance company probably won't care if they do their own write up estimate. I know a guy that got in a little trouble because a shop juiced the estimate a little so he could upgrade his parts. Just be careful.
^that can be an issue. I'd just get the regular estimate, then pay the extra. So if normal hood is $500 and SS hood is $650, just pay 150 out of pocket, far cheaper than doing it normally.

so here's what happened to my car, the whole post is on my thread, but basically they cut the front frame off another totalled car, welded it to mine, replaced a bunch, and voila
Attached Thumbnails such a sad day:( **pics**-0217111616a.jpg   such a sad day:( **pics**-0321111549.jpg   such a sad day:( **pics**-0404111715.jpg   such a sad day:( **pics**-0411111529.jpg   such a sad day:( **pics**-0501111240.jpg  

Old 5/24/11, 08:07 PM
I lust for a M24

I've been an insurance adjuster, a re-inspector, and have managed bodyshops. If I write an OE part and someone upgrades, no problem. The only time there's a problem is if we get billed for upgrades or unnecessary repairs. In this case, it's going to need a hood without question. Nobody should really care if you're spending your own money for the upgrade.

Edit: and the 'how would they know' answer is easy. Chances are there's going to be additional damage that isn't going to be caught on the original estimate. The shop's going to ask the ins co for a supplement, and the adjuster will most likely come out to document the additional damage. If they do a desk review, they'll often ask for the invoices of all the parts used.

Again, this shouldn't be a problem as it's nothing fraudulent assuming that you're paying for the upgrade.

Last edited by 05GT-O.C.D.; 5/24/11 at 08:11 PM.
Old 5/24/11, 08:18 PM
Bullitt Member

[QUOTE="05GT-O.C.D."]I've been an insurance adjuster, a re-inspector, and have managed bodyshops. If I write an OE part and someone upgrades, no problem. The only time there's a problem is if we get billed for upgrades or unnecessary repairs. In this case, it's going to need a hood without question. Nobody should really care if you're spending your own money for the upgrade.

Edit: and the 'how would they know' answer is easy. Chances are there's going to be additional damage that isn't going to be caught on the original estimate. The shop's going to ask the ins co for a supplement, and the adjuster will most likely come out to document the additional damage. If they do a desk review, they'll often ask for the invoices of all the parts used.

Again, this shouldn't be a problem as it's nothing fraudulent assuming that you're paying for the upgrade

That's what I'm saying. If its only a hundred bucks. Hell ill buy it. Much better than paying 650. I'm just trying to get something positive outta this horrible situation

Quick Reply: such a sad day:( **pics**