GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stock Fuel Line to Braided Hose Adapter Found

Search this Thread

Old 10/15/05, 03:01 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
... Im a little girl of ill repute and I want a 1st place award.

I am the guinea pig once again. I've been gearing up for my CPR Blue Anodized Aluminum Fuel Rail to arrive and I wanted to "throw away" as much of the stock fuel feed line as possible without running 15 feet of stainless steel braided hose to the gas tank and weld in a bung for the fitting.

Okay, I did like how MRT installed the CPR Rail on their Interceptor but didnt like how they ran like 1 inch of braided hose to the stock hard rubber crossover tube.

I set off on a long and rather tedious, and almost stupid journey to some, to locate a possible fitting that could push-on to the stock hard line that then connects to the hard rubber down on the driverside fenderwell.

After many long days and nights and with not much help from others I located an adapter "specific" to the LT1, LT4, and LS1 Pressure Side fuel line that had a small possibility of being adaptable. By removing the stock clip-on fitting I noticed that the '05+ Mustang's line is 3/8" in diameter and has a ring around tube near the end which holds the fitting in place. This fitting also has an internal O-ring to seal in the gasoline.

I ordered the Russel fitting (part # 640850) into my local speed shop and picked it up yesterday to give it a try since Russel's tech support couldnt tell me if it would work or not since it was designed for the enemy.

I took a look at a fuel filter for a 2002 Z28 at my parts store since this fitting is supposed to fit on the end of it. The outlet side pipe of the filter is identical to the fuel line down on our fenderwell.

I pulled the stock connector and I installed the new adapter onto the line without too many cuts on my hands, very cramped down there, and it didnt pull off and the line felt very snug inside.

Im happy that after all my effort, I actually found an existing fitting that would fit and not have to modify one or fabricate one to work.

Anyways, here it is... ~$10 for me but $13 from Summit.

I hope this helps others out so they dont have to go through what I had too for such a "silly part".

-Dan
Old 10/15/05, 11:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Nice find/write-up/pics & blower!

I'm a little confused though :scratch:

Your other recent post shows the stock plugs with the grounds melted down from the juice. Did you waste the plugs spraying with this blower setup?

I also noticed that the color of your engine compartment has changed color since your post about the removal of the hoses. Got two '05s?

If so, your signature is in need of an update!
Old 10/15/05, 12:01 PM
3rd Times A Charm

The picture with the blower is from MRT's Interceptor. He has juice, but no blower.

EDIT: I hope you don't mind the use of the word juice Dan.
Old 10/15/05, 12:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by S197 GT@October 15, 2005, 11:04 AM
The picture with the blower is from MRT's Interceptor. He has juice, but no blower.
EDIT: I hope you don't mind the use of the word juice Dan.
Doh ! Never mind . . . :bang:
Old 10/16/05, 12:14 AM
Cobra Member

I dont mind the word use of the juice, I use it myself.

Just wait till I get my fuel rail...

-Dan
Old 10/18/05, 07:02 PM
Cobra Member

Well, here is the first part of the installation done. The Fuel Block is a perfect addition for my pressure gauge and fuel solenoid as I run a T-Fitting out the bottom of it. The fuel line adapter isnt installed yet since I still have to drive around with my stock rail but the larger 6 AN hose running around the strut tower is cut to length with the 45* fitting at its end.

I'll post more pics when the Fuel Rails actually show up.

-Dan
Old 10/18/05, 07:38 PM
3rd Times A Charm

Looks pretty good Dan. After reading the other threads on nitrous installs and experiances, I forgot you made a custom NX kit. That's why something didn't look right.

Everything looks clean to me except for the lines coming off of the intake. I had commented on mikem's as well. They just don't seem sturdy enough to me. I would try to hide them too. I guess I would like more of a "stealth" look. I'll be the first to admit that I know NOTHING about nitrous. Maybe it's not possible.

I do know one thing though...you guys definately have me interested!

Looking forward to more pics.
Old 10/18/05, 11:36 PM
Cobra Member

The lines are very sturdy due to the stainless braid and nipple end fittings. They are not easily formed without the use of some type of retainer.

The way to "stealth" a nitrous system is to use bent hard lines and direct port technology.

If you ever get a chance to build a setup you'll either do what many others have done already or do a direct port type setup.

-Dan
Old 11/5/09, 03:47 PM

Good info for the spring lock on the other end is it 3/8 or 5/16? Thanks
Old 11/5/09, 07:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
Wow, serious necropostage. 4 years and some change.