GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stock alarm Q? two beeps -- someone trying to jack my car?

Search this Thread

Old 4/4/07, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock alarm Q? two beeps -- someone trying to jack my car?

Sunday night I come back and notice stuff is missing from in front of my parking spot. My wife said it was gone friday night so it's basically been stolen. Stock rims/tires and a tokico box with stock shocks in it.

Forward to today.

I get home after going out and out of curiousity i hit the lock button and the alarm/horn sounded twice.

The only time it ever did that was when i tried to open the door from the outside with the window down and after i tried jacking it up and set off the tilt/towing sensor.

I feel like I'm being stalked now and cannot sleep.

I can't explain why the horn sounded twice because it takes a lot to get the stock sensor to sound the horn alarm. We had no earthquakes so I'm basically worried now.

Any suggestions, tips??

I'm going to put my car in a secured garage during the week but thats at work and will only last so long. My other option is to leave it at a relatives house during the week and get it only when I can park my wife's xterra in front of it to block it from being taken.

I dont know if they were testing to see if it had an alarm or if they were just after the rims/tires on it now.

Hell i might even just be paranoid, but the alarm/horn going twice in rapid succession tells me something moved during today.

When i left this morning I had gone TO my car to get something out so I locked it and it didn't do anything this morning.

Guess I'll have to sleep with my .44 magnum near the window overlooking my parking spots.

Reason you ask I'm not driving it.... well I started taking the bus/train to work because 50$ every 3 days just isn't economically sound.

thanks
jake
Old 4/4/07, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

here we go with the weapons/fighting argument again. Call the cops let them investigate
Old 4/4/07, 09:56 PM
Bullitt Member

The horn will sound twice if a door or trunk is not shut all the way. Make sure everything is closed tight then hit the lock button again. Got this info out of the manual.
Old 4/4/07, 10:03 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by fxdwg2002
The horn will sound twice if a door or trunk is not shut all the way. Make sure everything is closed tight then hit the lock button again. Got this info out of the manual.
Agreed.

I think if someone tries getting into your car, the hazard lights will continue to flash, even after silencing the siren. At least, that's what happened to me at a cruise in. I had the top up, windows down, and locked the doors. A couple of minutes later, I hear my alarm going off. I disarmed it with the keyfob, which made the alarm stop, but the hazard lights were still flashing.

That is the only time that I've had the alarm go off when armed, so I don't know for sure if what happened to me was "normal".

Now, if I only knew what made it go off. I'm thinking it was someone that wanted to just stick their head in the window to look at my interior....Well, that's what I'm hoping.
Old 4/4/07, 10:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've found if you leave the windows down with the motion sensors active, even someone walking next to the car can set it off. The windows evidently act as a barrier, and if they are down, the range of the sensors extends out of the car a little.

Why do you think the car sounded 2 beeps when you pushed lock?? Is this normal for after an alarm event occurs??
Old 4/4/07, 10:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

I unlocked the car after hearing the beeps and locked it again and it beeped only once, so the trunk was closed and so were the doors.

If the car gets jacked up in the air and the tilt sensor goes off, I wonder if it will still flash the lights?

I will have to try it out, but for now i'm going to hide my car at work till I figure something out.

perhaps the alarm system wehre they call you if your car moves after its been locked.

I have LJ but am still worried.
Old 4/4/07, 10:26 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by DynamicmustangGT
here we go with the weapons/fighting argument again. Call the cops let them investigate
LOL, the cops won't do ****. They don't even investigate stolen cars, burglaries, anything.
Old 4/5/07, 12:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by eci
LOL, the cops won't do ****. They don't even investigate stolen cars, burglaries, anything.
What?? Care to elaborate?
Old 4/5/07, 09:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

I tested my motion sensors when I first got the car. If someone did set your alarm off it should give you a message on your display. I believe mine said "Security Incident" the next time I tried to start my car.
Old 4/5/07, 09:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wsmatau
I tested my motion sensors when I first got the car. If someone did set your alarm off it should give you a message on your display. I believe mine said "Security Incident" the next time I tried to start my car.
The message center will say "Security Event" the next time you start your car after the alarm goes off.
Old 4/5/07, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah...what he said!
Old 4/5/07, 11:38 AM
Team Mustang Source

I've had the alarm go off before, but I've never seen the alert on the message center. I have always caught it though, and turned off the alarm with the key fob, I guess it doesn't display it then.
Old 4/5/07, 02:46 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
What?? Care to elaborate?
Years ago I watched a drunk bastard hit my car parked out in front of my house. I didn't know him personally, but I knew he hung out at a house up the street. Long story short, I spotted the truck days later and followed him to a shady shop. Got all sorts of info, took pictures, got the tag number of another truck the guy drove away in. Gave all of this to the cops who went to pay him a visit. Now mind you I witnessed it, as did one of my neighbors, and all the cop did was ask the guy if he hit my car on such and such date. The guy said no and the cop walked away. I did all of their work and they didn't pursue it. You're on your own baby!
Old 4/5/07, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks guys.

I'll test mine out the next time I have a chance and see if the message pops up.
Old 4/5/07, 08:41 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by theedge67
I've had the alarm go off before, but I've never seen the alert on the message center. I have always caught it though, and turned off the alarm with the key fob, I guess it doesn't display it then.
Same here. With my story a few posts up about my alarm going off, I didn't see anything in the display, and I looked there to make sure, as I heard that it should tell you.

Maybe, like you said, since we disarmed it with the keyfob, it doesn't show it.
Old 4/6/07, 02:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, I think it honks and flashes for like 5 minutes, then the horn turns off and it keeps flashing the hazards for another few minutes then it turns off. I wonder how long/how many alarms it would take to drain the battery??
Old 4/6/07, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wish there was a message that came on and indicated why it went off, either tilt sensor, trunk or door opening...

it would also be nice if it screamed rape and called the police as well.
Old 4/6/07, 11:41 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

Security Event Occurred
Old 4/6/07, 12:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Nothing to add, just that I feel your pain. Sometime this weekend someone made off with my CD wallet and parking pass - came to about $100 worth of stuff. GD punks...at least I still have the car.
Old 4/6/07, 07:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BuzzyStang05
with my CD wallet and parking pass - came to about $100 worth of stuff. GD punks...at least I still have the car.

parking pass?

for school I assume...

aren't those things numbered anyway? Depending on the school and parking lot size, you might find the person if you know the number. just a guess.

people steal the stupidest stuff when all they have to do is get a **** job.

Quick Reply: Stock alarm Q? two beeps -- someone trying to jack my car?