GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda Ultralites on the way!

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/07, 05:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
Well what a difference a few hours make..... the tires made it, and I'll have those on by Saturday afternoon.

The Ultralite springs are NOT on the way... called Brenspeed and they've been on backorder for 3 weeks. Brent says he's been told that they're on the way to them, but I def won't have them tomorrow.

Bummer
Old 5/3/07, 04:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Well, Brenspeed never got their Ultralites in, so they sold me the Steeda Sport springs at the same price. I put the rears in today... man, what a breeze! Easy, easy install.

They drop the rear very nicely. Its not quite level with the front but it's much closer and more importantly, it took away alot of the dead room in the wheelwell around the tire.

But, now I want to get a adjustable panhard bar because my rearend sits off to the driver's side by .25" and I can definetly tell.

The ride is quiet, not noticeably rougher, and overall just fine.

I may do the fronts later.......
Old 5/3/07, 05:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, Brenspeed never got their Ultralites in, so they sold me the Steeda Sport springs at the same price. I put the rears in today... man, what a breeze! Easy, easy install.

They drop the rear very nicely. Its not quite level with the front but it's much closer and more importantly, it took away alot of the dead room in the wheelwell around the tire.

But, now I want to get a adjustable panhard bar because my rearend sits off to the driver's side by .25" and I can definetly tell.

FYI for anyone interested in the Ultra-lites, I ordered a set on Monday from Brenspeed and they are already shipped and should be here tuesday, so it appears they got their shipment in. $212 after $3 handling charge, lowest price i've seen anywhere.
Old 5/3/07, 06:25 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Come on Tom..... Getter done by Sat. morning. Just teasin!!
Scott
Old 5/3/07, 06:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
Come on Tom..... Getter done by Sat. morning. Just teasin!!
Scott

LOL, I'm researching the installation tips for the fronts right now....!
Old 5/3/07, 06:46 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just had my front ultralites put in.Paid 150. I'm too lazy and don't have the equipment. I think I'm the only one who needs camber bolts and also the back is off now .Haven't measured by how much though. Cheapest adjustable panhard i found is 155 shipped from Ninosport.also need toe adjust
Attached Thumbnails Steeda Ultralites on the way!-cimg1395.jpg   Steeda Ultralites on the way!-cimg1397.jpg   Steeda Ultralites on the way!-cimg1401.jpg   Steeda Ultralites on the way!-cimg1399.jpg   Steeda Ultralites on the way!-cimg1402.jpg  

Old 5/3/07, 07:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
just had my front ultralites put in.Paid 150. I'm too lazy and don't have the equipment. I think I'm the only one who needs camber bolts and also the back is off now .Haven't measured by how much though. Cheapest adjustable panhard i found is 155 shipped from Ninosport.also need toe adjust
Well atleast your car looks great! The best panhard I can find is $159 shipped from Brenspeed (adjustable Steeda unit).
Old 5/3/07, 07:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well atleast your car looks great! The best panhard I can find is $159 shipped from Brenspeed (adjustable Steeda unit).
Order it tomorrow and pick it up Sat. morning.
Scott
Old 5/3/07, 07:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Hey Chuck,
Your Vert looks "Awesome"!!!!!!! Go around the ground hogs not over them!!!!
Scott
Old 5/3/07, 07:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Order it tomorrow and pick it up Sat. morning.
Scott
I may now be FORCED to leave my wife at home......
Old 5/3/07, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jedikd
FYI for anyone interested in the Ultra-lites, I ordered a set on Monday from Brenspeed and they are already shipped and should be here tuesday, so it appears they got their shipment in. $212 after $3 handling charge, lowest price i've seen anywhere.
Same here, only mine are set to arrive on Monday. Looks like they were dropped shipped direclty from Steeda since they are coming from Florida.
Old 5/3/07, 07:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

That stinks Boltzman, I'm sorry to hear you had trouble. I'm hoping I have better luck!
Old 5/3/07, 08:36 PM
GTR Member

Thanks for the props guys..I'll let you know the outcome in the near future.. Didn't really get the groundhog thing
Old 5/3/07, 08:39 PM
GTR Member

heres a shot of the rear.Can anyone tell if its off??
Attached Thumbnails Steeda Ultralites on the way!-cimg1396.jpg  
Old 5/3/07, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not me. Was it centered before the springs?
Old 5/4/07, 07:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Hey Bill,
That side view of your car in awesome! That red makes a statement!!
Scott
Thanks Scott!

Tom, you know you'll end up installing the fronts soon.

Chuck, with the new camber bolts coming, you'll be dialed-in in no time flat.
Old 5/4/07, 07:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for the props guys..I'll let you know the outcome in the near future.. Didn't really get the groundhog thing

What... you don't have road kill down there? Up here it is raccoons and groundhogs everywhere. Maybe since your in Florida I should have said armadillos. Can't drive over them in a lowered stang up here very well so you have to go around them.
Scott
Old 5/4/07, 10:18 AM
GTR Member

What... you don't have road kill down there? Up here it is raccoons and groundhogs everywhere. Maybe since your in Florida I should have said armadillos. Can't drive over them in a lowered stang up here very well so you have to go around them.
Scott
Ahh..yes here its coons, possums and armadillos
Tim ,yes it was centered before it was lowered
Bill,Can't wait to get cruisin
Old 5/15/07, 09:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just had mine installed today. I did both the front and the rears. My initial impressions:

- The car feels much firmer and more solid.
- Suspension feels a little more "springy" - I can see why harder springs would need better shocks/struts.
- The car corners LOADS better, feels much more confident, less body roll and nose dive.
- It's really a much bigger improvement then I thought it would be, I am pleasantly surprised overall.

Got the springs from Brenspeed for 209 shipped. Installed by my local Mustang shop for $150. When put on the alignment machine, it was within spec with no adjustments required.

As for the pan hard bar, I'm not going to bother. If you had 20 inch wheels it might be noticeable, but It's not something I am going to worry about (do you see adjustable panhard bars on the Shelby’s?).
Attached Thumbnails Steeda Ultralites on the way!-78860935.jpg   Steeda Ultralites on the way!-78860936.jpg   Steeda Ultralites on the way!-78860937.jpg  
Old 5/15/07, 10:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tdbrown75
I just had mine installed today. I did both the front and the rears. My initial impressions:

- The car feels much firmer and more solid.
- Suspension feels a little more "springy" - I can see why harder springs would need better shocks/struts.
- The car corners LOADS better, feels much more confident, less body roll and nose dive.
- It's really a much bigger improvement then I thought it would be, I am pleasantly surprised overall.

Got the springs from Brenspeed for 209 shipped. Installed by my local Mustang shop for $150. When put on the alignment machine, it was within spec with no adjustments required.

As for the pan hard bar, I'm not going to bother. If you had 20 inch wheels it might be noticeable, but It's not something I am going to worry about (do you see adjustable panhard bars on the Shelby’s?).
I have 20" and I dont notice anything. Maybe Im looking in the wrong spot? Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Steeda Ultralites on the way!