GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda - Performance Tune That Adapts

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/08, 10:08 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda - Performance Tune That Adapts

If this is the real deal then I can't wait to see what the feedback will be like. Looks like those tuners everyone bought might be obsolete, or at least we have another debate. Check out this advertisement by Steeda:
http://www.steeda.com/news/steeda_ne...alibration.php

I just noticed it's only for the 2007+
What about us 05+ guys?
Old 2/26/08, 10:24 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by icemant180
If this is the real deal then I can't wait to see what the feedback will be like. Looks like those tuners everyone bought might be obsolete, or at least we have another debate. Check out this advertisement by Steeda:
http://www.steeda.com/news/steeda_ne...alibration.php

I just noticed it's only for the 2007+
What about us 05+ guys?
The Steeda exclusive Adaptive Performance Calibration is currently available for 2007 and current 4.6L 3 valve Mustangs at a retail price of $399.

I want one!
Old 2/26/08, 10:36 PM
Bullitt Member

WOW, this will automatically retune when you install a super charger!! This sounds too good to be true... I would love to see some reviews and comparisons to the well established Bama and Bren tunes.

Supercharger Recognition: This feature allows the engine management system to recognize the presence of a supercharger, thereby, extending the engine-operating envelope for precision torque based control.
Adaptive Octane Sensing: It automatically senses the octane level of your fuel, and adjusts timing as needed so as to maximize your performance potential. In doing this, the powertrain computer looks at the history of related engine knock level, and remembers the sensitivity parameters for your specific engine.
Adaptive control within each system’s limits: Specifically, your engine calibration will automatically adjust so that no horsepower/torque levels will be delivered that exceed the capacity of your fuel pump, injectors, or mass air meter.
Old 2/26/08, 11:20 PM
Cobra Member

That sounds great.
Old 2/27/08, 12:20 AM
GT Member

This is cool. Now you can just slap on mods without worrying about the engine blowing up.
Old 2/27/08, 12:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

wow, this thing sounds mean! i wonder what it would do about the shift points and firmness for automatic trannys though. they didn't seem to address that issue on that site or the FAQ page... or maybe i just missed it.

btw.... wassop greg!
Old 2/27/08, 02:37 AM
Cobra Member

Musta missed it, the FAQ says it's for 2007+ manual only. So no go for the Auto guys

Sounds like they figgured out the Bullits adaptive tuning, not sure if the Bullit versions does more than detect higher grade gas or not though.

Hope they can extend that to 2005+ and add auto's eventually, that would be pretty sweet.
Old 2/27/08, 06:21 AM
Bullitt Member

i wanna know how to get the bullitt tune, adjust for the best performance depending on the fuel you run
Old 2/27/08, 06:32 AM
Cobra Member

Steeda Gus!!

gus! my man!is this avaialbe for '05-06 stangs???why dyno results u seeing?please let us know!!
Old 2/27/08, 08:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Hmm, I'll have to ask the two Steeda guys that come to my work about this.
Old 2/27/08, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by nynvolt
Musta missed it, the FAQ says it's for 2007+ manual only. So no go for the Auto guys
oh yeah, i did miss that part.
Old 2/27/08, 09:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone ping Steeda to see if that (2007+) was a typo?
Old 2/27/08, 10:08 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I did...

I contacted Steeda about it and found out the real information. One, it's two different calibrations NOT one tune fixes all. The two files are n/a and then ONLY Whipple supercharged. They claim that the n/a tune will adjust for every air intake out there, even if you order it before you install a air intake. Then if you do install a supercharger, and that has to be the Whipple as it doesn't work with any others, then you have to return it again and pay the $399 again to have the PCM reflashed. So I would assume that if you changed tire or wheels in that time frame it would be a costly endeavor.

Its funny how they can say that they think the MAX is what everyone wants out there, my race tune sends out the maximum throttle that is available and I get the occasional custom who thinks its too much, so you have think about how the maximum of everything will affect you.

Don't even get me started on the MAX transmission shifting pressures, some want less some want more and this is why I offer free tune updates, but with this you get the " MAX! " but I see now they dont offer this for the auto owners, kinda like the max doesn't cover everyone.

So in short, this is only a calibration or flash update for a PCM, No tuner purchase and for the S/C applications it only works with the Whipple. In other words its not as "Adaptive" as its being marketed. And the PCM has to be sent into them for this Flash.
Old 2/27/08, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor

I think I'm going to keep my comments out of this one.

CR
Old 2/27/08, 11:22 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CR: Not to change the subject, but check your PM's man, I sent you one a while back.

As for the adaptive tuning, it is a neat feature but I personally like tuning the car myself. With free updates on minor mods from most vendors here, it really isn't that big of a deal to retune the car for any minor mods you do. The only thing that really interests me is the ability to run different octane gas and not retune the car. I run 87 when I'm poor (which is most of the time) and 93 once in a while. Retuning kinda sucks when I'm sitting at the gas station waiting to get home.
Old 2/27/08, 11:47 AM
GT Member

Hey Sound Wave. How did you know it was me.

Thats a bummer on the adaptive tuner, too much hype.
Old 2/27/08, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Doug,
Is it for 2007+ or did that not comeup in the conversation? Thanks.
Old 2/27/08, 12:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yes, they said it was for the 07 and newer manuals only.

I think this is because they are using a lot of similar values from the Bullitt calibration on these PCMs and they are just back dating it to the 07's. The 05-06's don't have a lot of the same values in the PCM programming as the later so this is probably why this is like this. Not saying this in stone but just assuming.
Old 2/27/08, 12:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'll stick w/ sct and my tuner.... its worked just fine these last 2yrs.
Old 2/27/08, 12:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by wallace
i'll stick w/ sct and my tuner.... its worked just fine these last 2yrs.

Me too. I've got Doug's 93 and my dyno 93 and I switch back and forth between the two of them. Enough juice for me w/o a SC.

Quick Reply: Steeda - Performance Tune That Adapts