GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Steeda Brake Air Duct Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 1/15/07, 01:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steeda Brake Air Duct Kits?

I just found this at steeda under there front fascia ad. It will attach to there fascia or the stock bumper cover it says. I was wondering if anyone has done one of these from steeda and if they had any pics of install. If anyone has any more info please chime in, thanks.
Attached Images  
Old 3/7/08, 10:49 AM

Sorry to bring an old thread back from the dead (you guys should be rejoicing that I actually searched!), but I was just looking for anyone with experience with this kit. Impressions? Pro's/con's? Like to hear some reviews and/or insight. Thanks,
Old 3/7/08, 11:37 AM
Bullitt Member

I had the Quantum Motorsports kit with the stock fascia, link to the install write-up is HERE. I just recently (Wednesday, in fact) got the Steeda billet inlet "brackets" for their Competition Fascia, and will be installing them next week.

The Steeda pieces will work with the stock fascia, but require you to hack up the lower grille pretty heavily to make them fit. With the Comp Fascia, they bolt on behind the rectangular ducts molded in, and should look sweet, and work quite well. As I already have the Quantum kit installed, I'm just going to adapt the brake hoses to the new brackets and call it a day.

If you have any more questions, drop a PM to SteedaGus here on the forums, he's a great guy, and has been VERY patient with my pestering!
Old 3/7/08, 03:36 PM

Wow,

Thanks for the help Dave. I saw that thread pop up in my search, but didn't realize it covered ducting as well. I took a quick look at it and only saw pads and SS lines, guess I didn't read well enough. Thanks again for the awesome info!