GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Stainless Works Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/05, 12:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Ok Everyone. I saw this company listed on thread on Corral.net in 2005 Mustang section. The thread does not have an update on the car shown so I contacted them about a month ago. Well they have replied back w/ EXCELLENT PICTURES of their new system for the GT. Not too bad considering the holidays and then building a system for a totally new car. I live down in South FLa so I do not work for them. 169stang can attest to that since I have met him at a local car show near Royal Palm Beach. This is just to give some good info on some great sounding exhaust that I KNOW is WELL MADE!!! Go to their website and see the exhaust systems they built for their client's cars. The Mule (silver Camaro) is just a clean looking bad-ss car and the new black GTO sounds incredible!!!

http://www.stainlessworks.net/

Anyways the pics show a great looking system that I would love and plan to install. Per their email quote... "We are building to order and the first header/exhaust system will ship in 3-4 weeks." I will try to post pics as best I can since I have never done this before. Prices were not set so I guess you would need to contact them. They gave me a ball park figure. But JBA (very expensive but very well built) is the only one out there yet so this is another avenue to go down. I guess the old saying is true, 'You get what you pay for.' Oh well this is just my small contribution to this site.

Very Well Done Brad and keep up the great work that you and others do for this site!!!

Here we go...
Old 1/19/05, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Here is another...
Old 1/19/05, 12:24 PM
Bullitt Member

And finally another...
Old 1/19/05, 12:46 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Creedog - you and 169stang hoook up again at a car show, lemme know - I live in Boynton Beach. My brother a little further south but he and his wife have a Redfire GT.

I'll put you on my list. I have an upcoming trip out of town for my job but after that, I wanna try and arrange a South Florida Mustang Source 'corral' thing and see how many Source folks we can get in one place with their '05 rides.
Old 1/19/05, 12:56 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Doesn't he live in Cleveland??

Edit: Nevermind, I thought that was his car in the pics.
Old 1/19/05, 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by holderca1@January 19, 2005, 1:59 PM
Doesn't he live in Cleveland??

Edit: Nevermind, I thought that was his car in the pics.
Sorry, that is not my car. Those pics were sent by Stainless Works. I believe that is the car in the post on Corral. I have not checked it yet but I will.
Old 1/19/05, 07:21 PM
V6 Member

Hey, thats my car!

I had not seen those pictures until now. Much better than the ones I took in my driveway. Stainless Works used my car to do their prototype exhaust and long tube headers (they are really cool guys). They did the catback a month or so ago and have had my car for the last two weeks testing and developing the headers. I have missed my car like crazy! In the end it was well worth being without my car because the headers are even more impressive than the 3" exhaust. As good as the car sounded with the 3" catback, it sounds even better now. It also pulls alot better in the midrange and has better throttle response.
Old 1/19/05, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by s197pilot@January 19, 2005, 8:24 PM
Hey, thats my car!

I had not seen those pictures until now. Much better than the ones I took in my driveway. Stainless Works used my car to do their prototype exhaust and long tube headers (they are really cool guys). They did the catback a month or so ago and have had my car for the last two weeks testing and developing the headers. I have missed my car like crazy! In the end it was well worth being without my car because the headers are even more impressive than the 3" exhaust. As good as the car sounded with the 3" catback, it sounds even better now. It also pulls alot better in the midrange and has better throttle response.
Hey there s197pilot! I did not know you were a member here. Ok, give us the low-down. Do you daily drive the car, or are you just building it for weekend fun/track use? How did the car take to the headers/new exhaust? Someone else on this site installed long tubes (JBA) and has numerous problems. The most important question I have is: How did Stainless get around the new computer system? Any other issues you have run into? And got any sound clips?

EDIT: I just went to your home page and got answers to some of my questions. Thanks

Please feel free to add anything that would be helpful/informative.
Old 1/19/05, 08:53 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by creedog+January 19, 2005, 9:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (creedog @ January 19, 2005, 9:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-s197pilot@January 19, 2005, 8:24 PM
Hey, thats my car!

Hey there s197pilot! I did not know you were a member here. Ok, give us the low-down. Do you daily drive the car, or are you just building it for weekend fun/track use? How did the car take to the headers/new exhaust? Someone else on this site installed long tubes (JBA) and has numerous problems. The most important question I have is: How did Stainless get around the new computer system? Any other issues you have run into? And got any sound clips?

EDIT: I just went to your home page and got answers to some of my questions. Thanks

Please feel free to add anything that would be helpful/informative. [/b][/quote]
I am daily driving my 05. I really hate driving it in the snow and salt but my other car (88 mustang GT) doesnt handle the snow very well. As far as the long tube headers go, there were no driveability issues before the tune but the guys at stainless works wanted to make sure the air/fuel ratio was not out of wack.

The dyno chart on my website was from when the car had 1 3/4" long tubes on it. Stainless Works has now installed some 1 5/8" long tube headers on the car. I am taking it to Dynotec Motorsports tomarrow to get it dynoed again. I think the car should pick up some more torque with the smaller headers. I will update you guys once I get the results.

I dont have a sound clip but stainless works has a video with sound. They played it for me when i picked up the car. They told me they were going to put the video on there website. www.stainlessworks.net
Old 1/19/05, 08:56 PM
V6 Member

Creedog, do you mind if I use the images you posted on my website?
Old 1/19/05, 09:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Sure no problem w/ me. Stainless sent them to me, but they are of your car.

And I went to their website and I cannot find a sound clip of your car. I guess they do not have it up yet. I will keep checking.
Old 1/20/05, 02:38 PM

Originally posted by creedog@January 19, 2005, 1:25 PM
Ok Everyone. I saw this company listed on thread on Corral.net in 2005 Mustang section. The thread does not have an update on the car shown so I contacted them about a month ago. Well they have replied back w/ EXCELLENT PICTURES of their new system for the GT. Not too bad considering the holidays and then building a system for a totally new car. I live down in South FLa so I do not work for them. 169stang can attest to that since I have met him at a local car show near Royal Palm Beach. This is just to give some good info on some great sounding exhaust that I KNOW is WELL MADE!!! Go to their website and see the exhaust systems they built for their client's cars. The Mule (silver Camaro) is just a clean looking bad-ss car and the new black GTO sounds incredible!!!

http://www.stainlessworks.net/

Anyways the pics show a great looking system that I would love and plan to install. Per their email quote... "We are building to order and the first header/exhaust system will ship in 3-4 weeks." I will try to post pics as best I can since I have never done this before. Prices were not set so I guess you would need to contact them. They gave me a ball park figure. But JBA (very expensive but very well built) is the only one out there yet so this is another avenue to go down. I guess the old saying is true, 'You get what you pay for.' Oh well this is just my small contribution to this site.

Very Well Done Brad and keep up the great work that you and others do for this site!!!

Here we go...
Hey everyone, Creedog works for Stainless Works Exhaust. Don't let him fool you. He's been trying to get my to buy that dang exhaust since day one....

Just kidding! I'm not sure what he does for work, but I'm sure I would have heard about Stainless from him if he did. He's a pretty nice guy as well!

Burke0011, that sounds good! Every Friday night, there is a car meet up or whatever you want to call it in front of the Lowe's in Royal Palm (441 & Southern). Cars get there around 6 or 6:30. That's were I met up with Creedog initially. I haven't been in awhile due to going to Moroso to let her breath. My best time in the 1/4 mile so far is only 13.77. I'm working on it. I have video of my run is anyone is interested. Anyways, whenever you guys want to get together, just let me know. The Boss Hog lives somewhat local as well (Stuart). I'm sure we can all meet up in a mutual location.