GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SF Bay Area Supercharger custom tuning

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/05, 09:44 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been contemplating getting a SC for my '05 GT but I have some serious concerns due to the fact that my stang is an auto. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have not found any tuners that have experience with the new 5-speed auto on these stangs and for me that is one of the key issues that I would like to fix.

I keep debating whether I should just order the C&L with Alt. Auto's tune which seems to be working well for a lot of people. If I put on a SC I will need a custom tune and it doesn't look like there is a lot of experience in my area.

One question that I have since I have no experience with the tuning process, would I be able to order the SCT-Xcal2 from alt. auto and then have a local guy just tweak the alt. auto tune for the SC but leave all of the auto stuff intact?

Thanks,
Doug
Old 11/10/05, 01:34 PM
Cobra Member

There arent any really good tuners in this area that use SCT IMO, your best bet is to get a Diablo Sport Handheld and get in contact with AlteredSpeed in French Camp, about an 1 hour out from you and just off Highway 5. They are good, really good and nice people.

-Dan
Old 11/10/05, 02:00 PM
V6 Member

Dan,

Thanks for the info! Did you get a custom tune from them and if so how do you like it? Did it help with throttle lag and auto issues?

Doug

Originally posted by Cleveland@November 10, 2005, 1:37 PM
There arent any really good tuners in this area that use SCT IMO, your best bet is to get a Diablo Sport Handheld and get in contact with AlteredSpeed in French Camp, about an 1 hour out from you and just off Highway 5. They are good, really good and nice people.

-Dan
Old 11/10/05, 02:06 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by 9thPony@November 10, 2005, 8:47 AM
I've been contemplating getting a SC for my '05 GT but I have some serious concerns due to the fact that my stang is an auto. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have not found any tuners that have experience with the new 5-speed auto on these stangs and for me that is one of the key issues that I would like to fix.

I keep debating whether I should just order the C&L with Alt. Auto's tune which seems to be working well for a lot of people. If I put on a SC I will need a custom tune and it doesn't look like there is a lot of experience in my area.

One question that I have since I have no experience with the tuning process, would I be able to order the SCT-Xcal2 from alt. auto and then have a local guy just tweak the alt. auto tune for the SC but leave all of the auto stuff intact?

Thanks,
Doug

Just come down to the South bay!! These guys are tops in the field of Mustangs.. About 45min out from your location if you in Frisco!!

http://www.mustangranch.biz/

They are very expensive though.. Bring a fat wallet, and dont expect too much respect.. You mean nothing to them, no matter how much money you got.. But they will get the job done, and you will be happy.. Broke, but happy!!

Also, these guys will sell you a Tuner, and program it on the dyno for $600 bucks.. Mustang Dyno!
Old 11/10/05, 02:13 PM
Cobra Member

Eh, Mustang ranch.... I thought people were looking for friendly service too. Trust me, look up AlteredSpeed.com and call them up and compare with Mustang Ranch and judge for yourself. I've been down to MR and those guys are really kinda jerking with the exception of 1 guy.

-Dan
Old 11/10/05, 02:19 PM
MSP
Banned

Originally posted by Cleveland@November 10, 2005, 1:16 PM
Eh, Mustang ranch.... I thought people were looking for friendly service too. Trust me, look up AlteredSpeed.com and call them up and compare with Mustang Ranch and judge for yourself. I've been down to MR and those guys are really kinda jerking with the exception of 1 guy.

-Dan
I told you!! They are mean! as if they really hate Mustang owners! LOL!! They do good work, just dont talk back to them, dont question them and dont try and be friends! Just tell them what you want, and agree to the charges.. LOL!! Cleveland might be right!
Old 11/10/05, 09:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Last I heard, JDM was about pick up an auto trans car, add the Saleen SC, and start refining their tunes for it. They're not local, but it seems that the vast majority of people who use their tunes are pretty happy.