GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SCT X-2 Question

Search this Thread

Old 10/31/05, 05:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you purchased the SCT-2 did it include the advantage software. If so in what form. Already loaded, disk or was it downloadable from the web? Was it locked up so you could not modify the perimeters? Reason for asking is that I heard the ones from Lidio are locked up and I do not want one of those.
Thanks in advance.
Old 10/31/05, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

You need a SCT2 with firmware version 3 installed. He will give it to you in that release if you ask for it.

He just started installing this version and mine is like that because I've made minor adjustments during dyno runs. I am adjustable for everything advertised on SCT's website for end user adjustability. ie shift points, idle speed, a/f mixture, timing and such.

I think he's still a little leary about it but will do it.
Old 10/31/05, 06:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@October 31, 2005, 6:57 PM
You need a SCT2 with firmware version 3 installed. He will give it to you in that release if you ask for it.

He just started installing this version and mine is like that because I've made minor adjustments during dyno runs. I am adjustable for everything advertised on SCT's website for end user adjustability. ie shift points, idle speed, a/f mixture, timing and such.

I think he's still a little leary about it but will do it.
One more question. Does it store data like the predator or do I have to have a laptop connected when data logging? Currently I data log then connect the predator to the desk top to read it. I do not have a laptop.
Old 10/31/05, 06:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 31, 2005, 8:04 PM
One more question. Does it store data like the predator or do I have to have a laptop connected when data logging? Currently I data log then connect the predator to the desk top to read it. I do not have a laptop.

It will be in a downloadable release very soon per their website. It will be able to record to 60-90 second intervals at a time on the SCT2 itself.

The data logger seems it will work on almost any laptop as long as it has a USB port and Win 98 SE OS or better. Could you maybe find an old used one to get real cheap?
Old 10/31/05, 06:52 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by 6505pony@October 31, 2005, 7:12 PM
It will be in a downloadable release very soon per their website. It will be able to record to 60-90 second intervals at a time on the SCT2 itself.

The data logger seems it will work on almost any laptop as long as it has a USB port and Win 98 SE OS or better. Could you maybe find an old used one to get real cheap?
Steve I do not know dip about computers and do not know what to ask for. I have XP on this Dell and know how to use about 2% or less of its features. I can do E mails,predator stuff, files and photos. The rest is SAY WHAT ?
Old 10/31/05, 07:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mongoose@October 31, 2005, 8:55 PM
Steve I do not know dip about computers and do not know what to ask for. I have XP on this Dell and know how to use about 2% or less of its features. I can do E mails,predator stuff, files and photos. The rest is SAY WHAT ?

Gotcha.

The only thing I know from SCT that according to their forums they are very close to releasing the update for stand alone datalogging. If you read though it seems like their updates drag out for a very long time after their expected release dates before they finally are.