GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

SCT Forums and Xcal2 question

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/08, 07:36 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT Forums and Xcal2 question

I'd post this on the SCT forum but it has been down for maintenance for over a week now... doesn't look like it's ever coming back.

I purchased an SCT Xcal 2 used. I updated its driver to the latest 1.15 version using Live Update 2 and installed Live Load 3. I purchased 3 tunes from Bamachips and proceeded to load them onto the tuner. Live Load 3 will only allow me to load 2 of the 3 tunes. It says there is not enough room on the device for the 3rd. Has anyone else run into this? It's no big deal cause I don't need all three on the device at any one time. I am just wondering if this is normal.

Also, when I received the tuner it displayed: 5 Changes Left, Stat=Stock.
I used Live Load 3 to unlock the device and it now displays: 4 Changes Left, Stat=Unlocked. What constitutes a change and what happens when it reaches 0 Changes Left?

TIA

Martin
Old 4/14/08, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unfortunately, I think it is normal with the autos. Starting with the '07s, the files are too big to load all three tunes on the XCal2 at once. I have the same issue, my tuner will only hold 2 tunes. I'm not sure, but I think since the XCal 3 has more memory, it's not an issue. Doesn't really matter, since you and I have XCal2's not XCal3's

I posted on the SCT forum about this last year, and they said to clear the device, and try it again. I asked about using up all of my unlocks, and got no response from them. So, I just have 2 tunes on the device at once. If I want to use the third, I've got to remove one of the other 2. It's a little inconvenient if you want to switch tunes very often.