GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Saleen SC and Fuel Pumps

Search this Thread

Old 10/6/07, 07:31 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Saleen SC and Fuel Pumps

Ok I install a Saleen SC with 39lb injectors and a 3.6 pulley with a Brenspeed tune. Running the stock fuel pump and all seem OK. I upgraded to the homemade double Gt Super pump kit. I purchased a separate Fuel pump off of ebay (for $9.99) and installed the kit to this pump before I pulled my stock unit out. So last week I pulled my 07 fuel pump out and it was a little different than the 05 fuel pump I got off of ebay (mostly the float area). After measuring and fighting for 2 hours I could not see how the double fuel pump kit could fit. I took the 07 pump and just switch the stock pump motor for 1 of the GT Super pumps and it install very easily. Is this going to be enough of a Fuel pump to let me go to a 3.4 pulley? Also what Fuel pressures should I be seeing on my gauge?

If this is good enought I have an extra Fuel Pump with a single GT super pump motor as a spare, a plus the plumbing kit to go to 2 pumps, and 2 stock GT Fuel Pumps.

Old 10/6/07, 09:12 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Shoot either Justin at VMP or Jim Jr. at JDM Engineering an email - for the 3.4 you should definitely need some more fuel flow.

Justin tuned mine with the 3.6 and I am fine with the stock fuel pump (above 6,300 rpms, mine maxes out)

Originally Posted by dly
Ok I install a Saleen SC with 39lb injectors and a 3.6 pulley with a Brenspeed tune. Running the stock fuel pump and all seem OK. I upgraded to the homemade double Gt Super pump kit. I purchased a separate Fuel pump off of ebay (for $9.99) and installed the kit to this pump before I pulled my stock unit out. So last week I pulled my 07 fuel pump out and it was a little different than the 05 fuel pump I got off of ebay (mostly the float area). After measuring and fighting for 2 hours I could not see how the double fuel pump kit could fit. I took the 07 pump and just switch the stock pump motor for 1 of the GT Super pumps and it install very easily. Is this going to be enough of a Fuel pump to let me go to a 3.4 pulley? Also what Fuel pressures should I be seeing on my gauge?

If this is good enought I have an extra Fuel Pump with a single GT super pump motor as a spare, a plus the plumbing kit to go to 2 pumps, and 2 stock GT Fuel Pumps.