GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Saleen Install Begins!

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/08, 08:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonic GT
Cool man can't wait to see it when its finished. Do you think you'll have it done and be able to bring her to the nmra at Atco?
Hey stranger!!

You're not the only one who can't wait...

Not sure about Atco, I need to get it on a dyno to be sure everything is solid before I really run her, but I will try!!!
Old 7/29/08, 08:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
I hear ya....... take care of your priorities and then get things in line.
Absolutely! That's why I figure at most if I can get out to Brenspeed it will be for a dyno session. Need to keep food in the kiddies bellies. LOL
Old 7/29/08, 08:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by dly
mmmmm Breakfast... I'm in
A man from my own stomach... I mean heart.
Old 7/31/08, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

It's complete!!!!!!!! All I can say is.... HOLY SH**!!!!!!! I had to wait for my new actuator to show up so I didn't get a chance to take any pics tonight. I will be taking some of the final setup tomorrow after work. All in all, it was a good experience. I ran into a few snags, but nothing drastic. I had it all ready yesterday for the actuator tonight. Put it on, hooked up the vacuum hose, loaded the tune and started her up. I Love the sound of the SC!!! So after checking for leaks, shut her down and put the front fascia back on. I had to get it out on the road, at least for a couple of minutes....

Got out of my driveway, and to be honest, I was a bit dissapointed. Didn't seem much different from before. Then I got on an open road.... again I'll say... HOLY SH**!!!!!!!! Boost kicked in, tires spun, head snapped back, and I was off! My neighbors are gonna kill me for sure. Forget about the tires screeching and longtubes growling, they're used to that. Well at least a milder version of it.. But I had the windows down so I could listen, and realized half way down the street that I was yelling at the top of my lungs! Oh well...

I can honestly say I am happy I decided to do the install myself. Aside from a couple of confusing parts, the instructions where straight forward, and easy to understand. I have a whole new appreciation for our cars now. One that I may not have realized if I didn't do the install.

I won't try to tell you that the install went perfectly smooth, there were a few times where the kids couldn't get the beers out fast enough. But any issue was resolved, and for the most part had to do with my impatience more than anything else. A perfect example was when I first went out, before the yelling... It was running really sluggish, and I threw a cel. Read out on the XCal as a primary coil malfunction... I knew what it was the second I read the code description. In order to get the actuator bypass on, I had to remove one of the coil plugs. I'm sure you can see where this is going. Plugged it in, idle smoothed out, and the fun began!!!

I would recommend anyone considering this type of install to do it themselves if they are thinking about it. It has been an incredibly satisfying experience.

Now tomorrow the seat of the pants satisfaction begins!
Old 7/31/08, 07:47 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
That is friggin' great news Al!

Please begin saving funds for new rear tires LOL!
Old 7/31/08, 07:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
That is friggin' great news Al!

Please begin saving funds for new rear tires LOL!
Thanks Tom. Yea, I'll be accepting donations if anyone is interested...
Old 7/31/08, 09:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Definitely subscribing for some pictures!
Old 7/31/08, 10:21 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Great news Al! Freakin' awesome.

Just in time for the weekend!

Let the tire shredding begin.
Old 8/1/08, 03:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Great news Al! Freakin' awesome.

Just in time for the weekend!

Let the tire shredding begin.
Thanks Gary. Between me taking extra care so I didn't make any mistakes and having to wait on replacement parts it felt like an eternity. But it was all worth it. Gonna have some fun this weekend for sure!
Old 8/1/08, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

PICTURES!!! lol
Old 8/1/08, 03:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EastCoast07GtCs
It's complete!!!!!!!! All I can say is.... HOLY SH**!!!!!!! I had to wait for my new actuator to show up so I didn't get a chance to take any pics tonight. I will be taking some of the final setup tomorrow after work. All in all, it was a good experience. I ran into a few snags, but nothing drastic. I had it all ready yesterday for the actuator tonight. Put it on, hooked up the vacuum hose, loaded the tune and started her up. I Love the sound of the SC!!! So after checking for leaks, shut her down and put the front fascia back on. I had to get it out on the road, at least for a couple of minutes....

Got out of my driveway, and to be honest, I was a bit dissapointed. Didn't seem much different from before. Then I got on an open road.... again I'll say... HOLY SH**!!!!!!!! Boost kicked in, tires spun, head snapped back, and I was off! My neighbors are gonna kill me for sure. Forget about the tires screeching and longtubes growling, they're used to that. Well at least a milder version of it.. But I had the windows down so I could listen, and realized half way down the street that I was yelling at the top of my lungs! Oh well...

I can honestly say I am happy I decided to do the install myself. Aside from a couple of confusing parts, the instructions where straight forward, and easy to understand. I have a whole new appreciation for our cars now. One that I may not have realized if I didn't do the install.

I won't try to tell you that the install went perfectly smooth, there were a few times where the kids couldn't get the beers out fast enough. But any issue was resolved, and for the most part had to do with my impatience more than anything else. A perfect example was when I first went out, before the yelling... It was running really sluggish, and I threw a cel. Read out on the XCal as a primary coil malfunction... I knew what it was the second I read the code description. In order to get the actuator bypass on, I had to remove one of the coil plugs. I'm sure you can see where this is going. Plugged it in, idle smoothed out, and the fun began!!!

I would recommend anyone considering this type of install to do it themselves if they are thinking about it. It has been an incredibly satisfying experience.

Now tomorrow the seat of the pants satisfaction begins!

AWESOME AL!!! But and vids!!!
Scott If you need help shortening those Prothanes send me a PM!! I can help you.

Last edited by 70MACH1OWNER; 8/1/08 at 06:04 PM.
Old 8/1/08, 06:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Wow, you guys are as bad as my wife!!! Remind me to never say I'll do something unless I can do it that minute.

OK, so completed install pics for tonight, action pics (and vids??) tomorrow when I can get someone to hold the cam for me...

My tribute to the Brenspeed pics... LOL

Man there sure is alot of stuff in there now!!!

Looks sweet with the new injectors huh?

Anyone else notice how ridiculously tight the Steeda intake was trying to get it in the stock inlet???

Last edited by EastCoast07GtCs; 8/1/08 at 06:21 PM.
Old 8/1/08, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER
AWESOME AL!!! But and vids!!!
Scott If you need help shortening those Prothanes send me a PM!! I can help you.
Thanks Scott, I'll be taking you up on that. I think I'll live with it for a couple days though since it's been almost a week being behind the wheel for any length of time...
Old 8/1/08, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Gotta love the Saleen S/C!
Old 8/1/08, 06:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Pwny
Gotta love the Saleen S/C!
Oh yea!
Old 8/2/08, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks great man, definitely get some action videos!
Old 8/2/08, 07:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 08VistablueGT
Looks great man, definitely get some action videos!
Thanks Brandon! Got a thunder storm passing through this morning, waiting for some dry roads before I start spinning them.
Old 8/2/08, 07:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks Brandon! Got a thunder storm passing through this morning, waiting for some dry roads before I start spinning them.
Lol yeah, I'm sure wet roads are not ideal for that beast. So I might of missed you posting about it, but did Brenspeed send you a "canned" tune?
Old 8/2/08, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 08VistablueGT
Lol yeah, I'm sure wet roads are not ideal for that beast. So I might of missed you posting about it, but did Brenspeed send you a "canned" tune?
Well, yes and no. It is "canned" in the sense that it was not done specifically for my car on a dyno, but at the same time it is a custom tune that Brent put together for this package, which is part the Saleen 475hp package but includes their vacuum setup and the Steeda CAI. I need to find a good shop in my area so I can get her on the dyno, but to be honest I have been nothing but impressed with Brenspeed's tune, even with the old C&L Racer I had previously.
Old 8/2/08, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Well, yes and no. It is "canned" in the sense that it was not done specifically for my car on a dyno, but at the same time it is a custom tune that Brent put together for this package, which is part the Saleen 475hp package but includes their vacuum setup and the Steeda CAI. I need to find a good shop in my area so I can get her on the dyno, but to be honest I have been nothing but impressed with Brenspeed's tune, even with the old C&L Racer I had previously.
Oh yeah, that's for sure. I've read about so many cases where they get a specific email tune for their cars, strap them to the dyno, and they're dead on. I'm running their tune right now and plan on running it with my nitrous. Although I might even drive up there for a dyno tune by them.

Quick Reply: Saleen Install Begins!