GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

S/C and Gauge Update

Search this Thread

Old 4/19/06, 10:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Kenne Bell S/C is ORDERED! i am so excited ive already begun preparing for the installation even though the units are build to order and they said i should see it 2-3 weeks after the order.

I've ordered the Speed of sound A pillar gauge pod:

My first 2 gauges are going inside this pod. I have ordered the Autometer Nexus Gauges: i am going to put the boost and the A/F gauge in the A pillar pod. This is the boost gauge:

I am still looking for the Air Fuel nexus gauge. so far i have only found it on summitracing.com for a whopping $399.99. I am holding off on ordering it for now hoping i can find it cheaper. If you know where i can get it cheaper please let me know.

I plan on ordering a gauge pod eventually, most likely the CDC pod if nothing better comes around. in there i plan to add some combination of the following nexus gauges: Water Temp, Oil pressure, fuel pressure, oil temp

Here is a demo of how the nexus gauges work. Click here.

They seem pretty cool. They change color just like the mycolor option on our instument cluster now. And they can record gauge information onto a SD card in the remote control. You can then take the information to your computer and help you fine tune the car. This is the sending unit and remote control.

I also want to thank Don_W and Dustindu4 for all of their help, whether they know it or not, from answering all of my PM's, jsut posting in the forums, and for all of their detailed writeups and installations. These have helped me so much! Thanks guys and everyone else here at TMS
Old 4/19/06, 10:58 PM
GT Member

Don w blow up
Old 4/20/06, 01:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Ahhhhhh, just what the doctor ordered Ron. Thanks for posting. Those gauges are perfect [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(kampendmk @ April 20, 2006, 1:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don w blow up
[/b][/quote]
Didnt we just firugre out your the old, drunk man who cant type, write or drive in another topic [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

here

Don_w's blowup was caused by a faulty highflow cat. if you took the time to read through the post and look at the pics, the cat choked 4 of the 8 cylinders to death and all of his boost was running on 4 cylinders which blew the rod. thats like running 8psi on 8 cylinders (aprox 1 psi per cylander) but when 4 are cut off the other 4 are running double the boost (2psi per) he threw the rod. I guess with all that drinking you forgot to get past the original post in the thread [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ron, last I heard the Nexus AFR wouldn't be available until June (at least). Are you saying Summit has them now? Or are they showing some future ship date? I have an AEM wideband right now, but I haven't installed it. I'd rather get the Nexus if I can.

And congrats on getting blown (soon, anyway!!).

And yes, Dennis... don_w blow up. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/nonono.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 10:42 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ April 20, 2006, 9:14 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Ron, last I heard the Nexus AFR wouldn't be available until June (at least). Are you saying Summit has them now? Or are they showing some future ship date? I have an AEM wideband right now, but I haven't installed it. I'd rather get the Nexus if I can.[/b][/quote]

Answered my own question... Summit says they won't ship until 6/15/06:

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...15&autoview=sku
Old 4/20/06, 10:51 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck on the S/C and those guages are sweet. In a year or 2 I might take the S/C plunge.
Old 4/20/06, 12:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

do you think it will come down in price by the ship date? right now its almost double any of the other gauges.

has anyone seen or used the AEM Serial Gauges yet. It says it is 19 gauges in one, click here.

seem cool but dont look as good as the nexus autometer ones.
Old 4/20/06, 01:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Congrats Ron! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img] In the home stretch now. Can you handle the waiting game? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Those gauges look really nice, I like their design. I saw some gauges on a car the other night and they looked cool lit up, especially since you'll be able to adjust their color like the mycolor.
Old 4/20/06, 01:28 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ April 20, 2006, 11:38 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
do you think it will come down in price by the ship date? right now its almost double any of the other gauges.

has anyone seen or used the AEM Serial Gauges yet. It says it is 19 gauges in one, click here.

seem cool but dont look as good as the nexus autometer ones.
[/b][/quote]

I doubt the price will come down much... because it's more than a gauge. It has the A/F O2 sensor included too. I paid about $280 for the AEM wideband (#30-4100).
Old 4/20/06, 04:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

darn. well i guess i got time to save lol
Old 4/20/06, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Keep us updated on the gauge install! The Nexus gauges are on my mod list. What really sold me is how the display goes red at whatever warning point you want. You can set pretty strict thresholds for your warning, giving plenty of time to let up (or shut down) before you damage anything. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 05:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

yes that is what caught my attention too. plus the install in the mustang enthusiast magazine. looked very cool and easy enough to do. on a side note i just got my autolite HT0 spark plugs in the mail today. they look sweet.
Old 4/20/06, 09:29 PM

Tonight, I put my other two gauges (Nexus boost/vac & AEM wideband AFR) in the SOS pillar pod, and installed the pod in the car. I haven't wired the Nexus controller yet, but I'll post some pics when I'm done.
Old 4/24/06, 11:09 PM
Legacy TMS Member

done yet don_w? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/24/06, 11:23 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(94tbird @ April 24, 2006, 10:12 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
done yet don_w? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Look here: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?s=...ndpost&p=669557