Search this Thread

Old 12/23/06, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RPMoutlet.com intake/tune packages

hi all,

how real are these tunes/intakes?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gt.htm

for example, you scroll down to the "the E-kit", it claims 55.4 rwhp, 57.4 ft/lbs

is this for real? anyone experience these kits?
Old 12/23/06, 11:12 AM
dly
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Do yourself a favor and do a search under RPMoutlet. They have some bad threads about their customer service.
Old 12/23/06, 11:45 AM
Cobra Member

Don't get me started,I have already had enough trouble with RPMOutlet that it is not even funny.

Here is what happened: I decided to buy a set of Motoblue UDP's from Rpmoutlet.When it arrived, I opened the box and what do I see? A MISSING BOLT.So I send them a email to tell them to ship the missing bolt.Guess what now?I recieve the package that they said they sent with the missing bolt and STILL NO MISSING BOLT.That just shows Rpmoutlet's ignorance and stupitity. I highly suggest that anyone who wants a intake/tuner package should go to a good tuner like Brenspeed,Bamachips,etc. instead of Rpmoutlet who can't send every part to you and even when you give them a second chance,they still send the wrong part. I WILL NEVER BUY A PART FROM RPMOUTLET EVER AGAIN!
Old 12/23/06, 11:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Their numbers may be pretty close with the mods they are listing. If I were you go to a tuner direct and get the same products at similiar prices but with better tunes. The tunes that come from RPM Outlets are canned tunes (GENERIC) Not the best. Look at tuners like Doug @ Bama..Brent @ Brentspeed or Lidio @ Alternative Automotive. They will fix you up and stand behind what they sells plus give you free updates to their tunes if available.
Scott
Old 12/23/06, 11:53 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd be leery. IMO, If you're going with a "canned" tune, go with BamaChips or Brenspeed. As far as CAIs... JLT or C&L Tuners... I'd say SCT. But definitely do your own on reseach. This is an important decision.
Old 12/23/06, 01:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Buy a tuner/cai combo from a reputable shop like Brenspeed, Bamachips, or Alternative Auto. Any additional money that you spend will get you a MUCH better tune, quick shipping, and great service after the sale. This is one true case of "you get what you pay for".
Old 12/23/06, 01:32 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,242 Likes on 1,792 Posts
In reality ? unless you're vehicle is custom tuned on a dyno ?? e-mail tunes are considered as canned tunes but are not generic tunes like RPM outlet and other speed shops..I previously had the X-Cal II 9415 canned tuner with SCT's preloaded tune files, However ? I was very pleased with their base files and didn't consider them as generic tunes ?? The reason I upgraded to Bamachip's tunes was ? I was looking for better throttle response and couldn't stand those hanging idle's any longer..The best advice is if you can't afford a custom tune on the dyno ??? then your next best option is go with a reputable SCT tuner such as Doug from bamachips, Brent from brenspeed or Lidio from alternative auto..
Old 12/23/06, 01:34 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

does anyone know where else you can buy motoblue products besides RPMoutlet
Old 12/23/06, 05:04 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
does anyone know where else you can buy motoblue products besides RPMoutlet
Have you gone to motoblue.com? It leads you right back to RPMoutlet. What part are you looking for?
Old 12/23/06, 10:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mustangfan123
When it arrived, I opened the box and what do I see? A MISSING BOLT.

I recieve the package that they said they sent with the missing bolt and STILL NO MISSING BOLT.
Wouldn't you NOT see the bolt?

So they sent you an empty box?
Old 12/23/06, 11:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by whs
Have you gone to motoblue.com? It leads you right back to RPMoutlet. What part are you looking for?
their 3-peice underdrive pulley kit but if it leads me back to RPMoutlet i would rather go with some BBK's or Steeda's
Old 12/23/06, 11:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

that and i do not know who else makes a fuel pressure adapter
Old 12/24/06, 02:45 PM
whs
GT Member

Originally Posted by RedDragon777
their 3-peice underdrive pulley kit but if it leads me back to RPMoutlet i would rather go with some BBK's or Steeda's

I purchased the Option "E-kit" from RPMoutlet, it contained the C&L intake, BBK Throttlebody, Diablosport tuner, and Motoblue pulleys. When the pulleys arrived I noticed that the harmonic balancer pulley is made by Powerbond. I've heard a few complaints on the weight of the idler pulley compared to the Ford piece. I'm not sure if the idler pulley is required for the proper installation/operation of the underdrive pulley kit.

While researching underdrive pulleys for an LS1 application, Powerbond's LS1 pulleys come highly recommended. Supposedly SLP relabels the LS1 pulley and sells it as an SLP product for considerably more money. (What companies in the modular Ford world are practicing this method?)

I also noticed that you are considering going with a Whipplecharger in the future. Will the underdrive pulleys be compatible with the blower? I too am considering going with a blower in the near future and am a bit hesitant to install underdrive pulleys only to uninstall them at a later date.
Old 12/24/06, 02:56 PM

My expierence has been positive with RPM outlet, but I purchased the C&L Racer Kit w/diablo tuner and Bassani catted x-pipe... Myself I wouldn't buy anything but a Steeda, Roush or BBK balancer..... in my case it will be a Roush.
Old 12/24/06, 05:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

i am either going with Steeda or BBK which ever is lighter, also i think when you put in any supercharger you need to take out the pullies unless they start making shorter belts for use with the SC and pullies
Old 12/26/06, 10:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree about the bad service.

I made an order with them for a Hurst short-throw shifter and a Hypertech low-temp. thermostat.

They sent me no email about the order (although once I had ordered on the site it had said that the order was completed though), and I never received an email regarding shipment of the order or anything. I just got it from UPS one day (like 5 days or so after I ordered, so it was prompt).

Then I open the Hurst shifter box (that's what it was shipped in from them), and find a MotoBlue low-temp. thermostat, not Hypertech (unlike what I thought I was buying), oh well.

I won't be buying from them again.
Old 12/27/06, 09:14 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by korinwoodo
Wouldn't you NOT see the bolt?

So they sent you an empty box?
They sent me a bolt I already had and not the bolt I needed.
Old 12/27/06, 09:22 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks for the Warnings guy's.......I was about to order the V6 pulley kit from them
Old 12/27/06, 09:46 AM
Bullitt Member

I have talked to them several times this week about a tune for my Procharger, thier Tuner doesnt seem to be on the ball so Im going with Bamachips.
Old 12/27/06, 07:30 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by YaoNYC
hi all,

how real are these tunes/intakes?

http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05gt.htm

for example, you scroll down to the "the E-kit", it claims 55.4 rwhp, 57.4 ft/lbs

is this for real? anyone experience these kits?
You need to do a whole lot of reading and thinking about that. Not a wise move.

Quick Reply: RPMoutlet.com intake/tune packages