The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/rotorpros-cross-drilled-gas-slotted-rotors-install-w-pics-453294/)

MTAS 8/29/08 08:06 PM

I got 'em in using the tool from Auto Zone (which I should have picked up this morning rather than screwing with the stupid rear caliper piston for way too many hours with an all-in-one cube type thing, and Scott that's only a dumb question if an idiot doesn't open the bleeder valve! And today I took that prize, so no, I didn't have the valve open. I can make the simplest things, difficult :rolleyes: I'm all done, new Rotorpros front and rear with the pads from them and a full bleed and will bed them in tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips everyone and have a great Labor Day weekend :nice:

Stoenr 8/29/08 08:15 PM

Theres really no need to open the bleeder, I didn't need to. I've never seen any of our techs at work do it. Only adds extra work, mess, because then you need to bleed the system. But whatever works for ya.

scramblr 8/30/08 12:37 AM

Any pics of DD cars with these rotors after being on for awhile? Just wondering how they're holding up. No garage queen pics please.

70MACH1OWNER 8/30/08 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by MTAS (Post 5624627)
I got 'em in using the tool from Auto Zone (which I should have picked up this morning rather than screwing with the stupid rear caliper piston for way too many hours with an all-in-one cube type thing, and Scott that's only a dumb question if an idiot doesn't open the bleeder valve! And today I took that prize, so no, I didn't have the valve open. I can make the simplest things, difficult :rolleyes: I'm all done, new Rotorpros front and rear with the pads from them and a full bleed and will bed them in tomorrow. Thanks for all the tips everyone and have a great Labor Day weekend :nice:

These guys may be correct that there is no need to open the bleeders but mine where open because I was changing brake lines and going to Earl's speed bleeders at the same time. But if you open them you will have to bleed the system.

Originally Posted by Stoenr (Post 5624637)
Theres really no need to open the bleeder, I didn't need to. I've never seen any of our techs at work do it. Only adds extra work, mess, because then you need to bleed the system. But whatever works for ya.

John is correct. You will have to bleed the system.

Originally Posted by scramblr (Post 5624813)
Any pics of DD cars with these rotors after being on for awhile? Just wondering how they're holding up. No garage queen pics please.

Alex,
Go back to post 209 in this thread. There are a couple of pictures of mine.

Stoenr 8/30/08 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5624815)
Alex,
Go back to post 209 in this thread. There are a couple of pictures of mine.

Pretty close to a garage queen no? :D

scramblr 8/31/08 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 5615297)
As promised. They are holding up pretty good. The are about 9-10 months on the car and maybe 10K miles. Driving in rain or shine. Even seen some of the winter salt here in Ohio. Now my Steeda lugnuts is another story. :mad:

Those are looking a lot better than my R1 Concepts...even after spraying them with high temp clear. May have to go this route next time around.

metroplex 9/1/08 05:16 AM

Unless the rotors are thick enough, the cross drilling is just going to cause cracks in the rotors over time.

FYI, the OEM Ford brake pads are Akebono Organic. There's a reason why the Bullitt uses Performance Friction Carbon Metallic brake pads in the front, and why a lot of people complain about easily fading brake pads on the stock S197 GT brakes. For better braking performance, swap out the pads but keep the stock rotors. The only reason I'd upgrade rotors is if I upgrade to 4-piston or 6-piston calipers all around with larger rotors.

scramblr 9/1/08 12:03 PM

I only swapped (not upgraded) rotors for looks. The Hawk HPS and SS lines is what made a difference in braking. Unfortunately the 4-6 piston calipers won't fit current 15" wheels upfront, so we're left with OEM size brakes. If I go with Rotorpros next, it will again be for looks, not performance.

metroplex 9/1/08 12:12 PM

Understood, it's just that I wouldn't even have bothered with the rotors unless I knew the stock rotors weren't up to the task. For street driving, I can feel my stock pads fading from time to time and that's just during normal driving conditions.

I upgraded to SS braided hoses in the past and did not feel any substantial improvement in the braking. In fact, I did the upgrade on a car that had extremely worn out brake hoses (one was about to pop with the outer sheath totally rotted out), so the difference should have been night and day.

Hawk seems to have a good line of brake pads, and some of them even use that special "teeth" on the backing plate to keep the pad from delaminating. I might give their ceramics a try in the future.

Barricade 9/16/09 08:33 AM

Is rotopros just a search engine?

Stoenr 9/16/09 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Barricade (Post 5734348)
Is rotopros just a search engine?

Maybe, but Rotorpros is a web site. http://www.rotorpros.net/

Barricade 9/16/09 09:54 AM

second sentence on the first post. Tap on Bill's link. :p

12 pages to catch this? :jester:

The roto was a typo on my part.

Link is bad.

TacoBill 9/16/09 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Barricade (Post 5734379)
second sentence on the first post. Tap on Bill's link. :p

I agree, bad link, but that was written June of 07. They obviously changed their website addy to the one Stoenr posted. I just don't have the time (or will :p) to check the links in all my threads I made.

That all said, they're good rotors for the price and I haven't had any issues with them while I had them. :nice:

Stoenr 9/16/09 12:21 PM

Hey theres Taco Bill. Seems like long time no see!

TacoBill 9/16/09 12:25 PM

^ Yup! Not too many write-ups lately, but I am driving my car alot more these days! :nice:

xtoolmaker 9/16/09 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 5734432)
^ Yup! Not too many write-ups lately, but I am driving my car alot more these days! :nice:

Yep thats what happens after you "finish" building a vehicle,you start driving it and enjoying it.I built a CJ-7 Jeep in 1980 and drove it for the next 27 years got thumbs up every day till I sold it and bought the Mustang.

Crosschek9 9/16/09 11:01 PM

Just some FYI, several sites have Baer decelarotors (oem size) currently on sale. $300 covers all 4 corners. I just had them installed along with some Hawk pads...

Cobrakev 9/30/09 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Crosschek9 (Post 5734887)
Just some FYI, several sites have Baer decelarotors (oem size) currently on sale. $300 covers all 4 corners. I just had them installed along with some Hawk pads...

Can you list some of the sites? Can't find them at that price.

Thanks

Doogie 9/30/09 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cobrakev (Post 5742181)
Can you list some of the sites? Can't find them at that price.

Thanks

Here you go... $279 at RPI Designs

http://rpidesigns.com/shop/item.asp?itemid=1481&catid=

sp44 9/30/09 07:19 PM

Do these really make a difference or is it more for looks?