The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   GT Performance Mods (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/)
-   -   Rotorpros Cross-Drilled/Gas Slotted rotors install (w/pics) (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f669/rotorpros-cross-drilled-gas-slotted-rotors-install-w-pics-453294/)

70MACH1OWNER 6/14/07 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by JonCo (Post 939785)
Well my thing with doing the G2 red paint like Richard mentioned is that the reds are different shades. And Im extremely picky when it comes to certain things and knowing that they aren't the same shade would kill me.

I can't do black because I have black rims and I think with black calipers it would just seem like a black blob in the tire area. Depending on how those silver painted calipers look I may end up doing that to have a nice clean look or just leave them stock.

Well I agree that if your rims are black you don't want to do black calipers for sure.
Scott

JonCo 6/15/07 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 939798)
Well I agree that if your rims are black you don't want to do black calipers for sure.
Scott

Yeah, it would look like blobs on my wheels :rofl2:. Im really anxious to see how that silver turns out. Be sure to take some pictures! :nice:

mco05gt 6/15/07 08:36 PM

Just got mine in the mail today( red), so next week I will be doing mine. How critical is it to let them sit for 24hrs?? The car is my daily driver.

70MACH1OWNER 6/16/07 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by JonCo (Post 941109)
Yeah, it would look like blobs on my wheels :rofl2:. Im really anxious to see how that silver turns out. Be sure to take some pictures! :nice:

Well,
Got my G2 kit(silver) yesterday. I don't think my rotors are scheduled until next Tuesday. I get some pics of the silver. :nice:
Scott

05fordgt 6/16/07 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by mco05gt (Post 941125)
Just got mine in the mail today( red), so next week I will be doing mine. How critical is it to let them sit for 24hrs?? The car is my daily driver.

The reason they tell you this, is to let the paint dry to a hard shell. If its still tacky when you drive, and with braking, it will warm up the soft paint. Believe me, when I was on my 3rd coat, the paint was getting VERY tacky to apply. It really won't take a full 24 hours, but if you can do this, its just a safer precaution. :nice:

JonCo 6/17/07 08:15 PM

So I was planning on getting the rotors this Friday but... This is the latest news from Rich @ RotorsPro:
"We actually found out Centric is out of regular rear rotors and we have to purchase the premium black rotors and then strip them and zinc them. This process costs us $50 extra. We can ship you all four rotor for $280 in either all four premuim black rotors or front CTEK regular and rear Premium stripped and zinc silver plated rotors. "
I'm not sure I want to pay the extra now... *sigh* :rolleyes:

06GT4RAD 6/18/07 08:43 AM

Even with that 50 extra charge it is still a great deal. My source sells just the Fronts for about 280.00

Richard

70MACH1OWNER 6/20/07 04:29 AM

Received my rotors and premium pads form Rotopro yesterday. They are good looking items. Can't beat them for the money. I have the front wheels pulled, stock rotors and calipers pulled ready for cleaning. Since I am replacing the pads I just disasembled the rotors into 2 pieces ( they slide apart easily). Should make it much easier to clean and paint. The main body is hanging by a wire from the front spring. I post a few pics tonight.
Scott :nice:

tom281 6/20/07 05:24 AM

Sounds good Scott.

Mustangfreak 6/20/07 05:56 AM

Awesome write up as usual Bill!

Now get some LCA's and a UCA! I want to see your write up before I tackle mine in a month. :D

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/07 11:14 AM

I know this is kinda off topic a little for this thread but I have my front calipers painted and ready to put my front Rotorpro's back together tonight with my new pads. Does anyone have a PDF of the pad replacement process? The stockers seems to have some kinda glue on the back of them and the replacements have nothing with them. Just would be interested to see if Ford had any special procedures.
Thanks Scott :dunno:

TacoBill 6/21/07 11:20 AM

10 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 70MACH1OWNER (Post 945415)
Just would be interested to see if Ford had any special procedures.

Scott, never done the pads before, but here's the PDF files from the Service Manual.

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/07 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by TacoBill (Post 945422)
Scott, never done the pads before, but here's the PDF files from the Service Manual.

Now that is what I call sevice!
Thanks Bill:nice: :nice:

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/07 05:25 PM

Houston...we have a problem!!

6 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,
Well my install of the RotorPros is not going as smooth as TacoBill's. I am trying to assemble the front rotors tonight after painting my calipers last night and it seems that I have two of the same front rotor as far as the way they are drilled...meaning one of them will not have the rotation correct as far as how the holes engage the new pads. The pictures I have attached show the rear rotors having the same part # on the box with different hand written #'s on them and clearly being drilled in reverse of each other. Than I show a picture of the fronts having the same part # with no other hand writting and clearing being drilled with the same pattern. And finally one of the passenger side being installed and the pattern being backwards of Bills pictures. Guess I will be sending these pictures to Rich @ Rotorpro to see what going on here. Bummer!! :banghead: Ohhh...BTW for those that want to see what the G2 kit with silver paint looks like here ya go. Really... it is a cleaner look and everything is the same color or tone now but I am not sure it was worth the trouble. Maybe should have went with the red!! :dunno: And the new pads that I got from Rotorpro does NOT have the adhesive that the stock pads have and that is called for in the PDF's that TacoBill posted for me this afternoon. So I am a little concerned I may get some rattling from these new pads.
Scott

JonCo 6/21/07 06:03 PM

Wow Scott thats a realy bummer. Let us know what Rich replies. Im still waiting till those rear rotors are off backorder to save myself 45$. I may just end up buying the MGW shifter first.

Who knows...

06GT4RAD 6/21/07 07:13 PM

Hmmm Maybe I better take a look at mine also. I have not installed them yet but just opened the box and took a quick picture not paying attention to the orientation.

Richard

blkstang06 6/21/07 07:22 PM

Scott, What a bummer! .........

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/07 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by 06GT4RAD (Post 945681)
Hmmm Maybe I better take a look at mine also. I have not installed them yet but just opened the box and took a quick picture not paying attention to the orientation.

Richard

Hey Richard,
Not wishing you any bad luck but maybe you got mine and I got yours.
Scott

06GT4RAD 6/21/07 07:45 PM

Ok went out and checked my rotors and they have four separate part numbers. Parts numbers for left and right side rotors.

Richard

70MACH1OWNER 6/21/07 07:59 PM

Rich from Rotorpro has already returned my email. He has confirmed that I in fact have 2 front rotors for the drivers side. He has said he can ship me one priority out next Tuesday. :banghead: Guess I won't be going any where soon. While I am a little dissapointed I can say the Rotorpro's look top notch in the quality dept. So when you other guys get yours open them up and take a quick look at them to make sure you have for all 4 wheels.:shame:
Scott