GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Rear anti-sway bar install advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 1/17/07, 08:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blitz
RadBOSS-good point and I don't disagree (however not interested in the brag factor...@ 20 bucks it was worth the risk factor) I talked with FRPP and they don't sell seperate bars, only as a fore and aft kit (which supports your suggestion) I will now see if Ford or Shelby sells a front only. Before I put the bucks up I want to resolve the bushing question.
Steeda parts with theirs spearately ... but not cheap My gut feel is the bigger rear bar alone may get you into oversteering balance, but for $20.00 and an hour on your back it is not that expensive to experiment.

However, the 24mm rear bar is twice as stiff as the stock 20mm bar (assuming its solid). That does not double the rear roll stifness, but it doubles the bars contribution to rear roll stiffness. 2x is a big step, and that affects your single wheel bump stifness more as well.

That 5.4L is going to be a little heavier, so I would expect the front GT500 bar not to be same spec as the GT
Old 1/17/07, 08:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

From what I read on the Shelby site, it sounds like the Shelby GT comes with the FRPP bars. You might be able to order just the front bar, eventually. I would try asking KC from Clevenger Ford.
Old 1/17/07, 10:18 PM
Bullitt Member

On the SVT site they list the GT500 and the GT front bars as the same dimameter. However, they are both hollow and make no mention of wall thickness or material. That could certainly make for bar differences.

It would make sense if they stiffened the front bar on the GT500 however I have not seen that they have anywhere so idk.

If the front and rear bars on the GT500 are both stiffer and can be installed on the GT, I may just do both if I decide to screw with the suspension.

So, does that suggest the front anti-sway bars are the same on a GT500, the forthcoming Shelby GT and the Hertz??

Also, what does one do and use to lube the polycarbonite bushings??
As far as I know, the Shelby GT/Hertz gets the FRPP kit which is not factory GT500 stuff. I thought it was sourced from eibach. Not sure though.

As far as grease. The bushing companies sell it. It is a very thick silicone like paste. Try Energy suspension. Or in a pinch I have used marine grease.

Never-seez also works quite well and stays put and keeps the bushings quiet with a minimal coating and does not attract a ton of dirt. This is what I have been using recently.
Old 1/17/07, 11:34 PM
Bullitt Member

As for lube you use something like this:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
The FRPP bars are sourced from Eibach and I believe the Steeda are also. My FRPP instructions even stated so.
Old 1/18/07, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Cali HP addict
As for lube you use something like this:
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
The FRPP bars are sourced from Eibach and I believe the Steeda are also. My FRPP instructions even stated so.

Hi,

Steeda springs and bars are bent in-house. FRPP sells Eibach Pro-Kit springs and Eibach anti-roll bars as their own.

HTH