GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Re Flash Computer?

Search this Thread

Old 7/17/06, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re Flash Computer?

I left on vacation for about two weeks and I came back to my stang and the battery was completely dead. So, my question is do I have to re flash my computer with my tune or does the computer reatain it without power? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 7/18/06, 02:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by hiflyntdwg
I left on vacation for about two weeks and I came back to my stang and the battery was completely dead. So, my question is do I have to re flash my computer with my tune or does the computer reatain it without power? Any help would be appreciated.
I don`t think you`ve got any thing to worry about. A lot of people would be getting towed to a dealer everytime the battery went dead, I don`t think so.
Old 7/18/06, 12:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hiflyntdwg
Hmmm... let's see. I pulled the motor out of my car in February, and the PCM was put in a box in the back seat of the car. Then, in July (135 days later) the new motor went back in and the PCM reinstalled. And the car started up with the same tune in the PCM that was there 19 weeks earlier. I'm just guessing here, but I think you'll be OK.
Old 7/18/06, 01:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the info. I was just unsure because I heard people talking about pulling the neg cable off of your battery when you re-flash your computer so that everything resets. So, I wanted to make sure that my car was not running on the stock tune since my battery went completely dead. On a side note do you all have any idea why my battery would have went completely dead in two weeks of sitting. It was extremely hot but would that do it? And no I did not leave anything on. Thanks for the help guys!