GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Raptor shift light using speed of sound pods

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/06, 04:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I am now leaning toward the speed of sound gauge pod, using oil press. and possible Fuel/Air ratio gauge or the water temp gauge.

I bumped red line the other day and I think I need a shift light. Has anyone installed one and if so how was it??

While I am on it, Has anyone installed the Fuel/Air ratio from Autometer cobalt?

Thanks
Old 5/2/06, 04:53 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't get a wideband A/F gauge you are wasting your money. The cobalt one doesn't tell you jack. The best one I've seen is the AEM one.

I have the SOS pod and I love it, everyone that sees it say they love it. I don't have the raptor on it though.
Old 5/2/06, 05:06 PM

Hawgman has the raptor on his SOS pillar pod.

I also have the AEM wideband (in my SOS pod).
Old 5/2/06, 05:07 PM
GT Member

I've got the pod and the raptor, great product, light is in a great location. I've noticed that it's more visible with the color off and not to bright like the Autometer light.

Also, listen to Dustin if you get A/F go with AEM all the Autometer one is, is a bunch of blinky lights that don't tell you poo...

Jason
Old 5/2/06, 06:23 PM

Personally I'd put 2 cobalt gauges in the SOS pod then put the AEM wideband between the center A/C vents
Old 5/2/06, 07:23 PM
Cobra R Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ May 2, 2006, 7:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Personally I'd put 2 cobalt gauges in the SOS pod then put the AEM wideband between the center A/C vents
[/b][/quote]

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/postpics.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 09:08 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ May 2, 2006, 5:26 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[/b][/quote]
I thought about doing that, but I'd probably have to splice extensions for two harnesses to reach that far. Too much effort, since I'm hoping they release a wideband in the Nexus line. If not, I could switch them if I wanted to rewire it. I'm kinda burned out on wiring. It's not my forte, so I'm slow at it.
Old 5/2/06, 10:38 PM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(don_w @ May 2, 2006, 6:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hawgman has the raptor on his SOS pillar pod.

[/b][/quote]

Yup, sure do [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[attachmentid=48211]

Obviously I have done a little "modding" to mine though [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 5/2/06, 11:23 PM

Looks awesome from that angle!! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 03:24 AM
Cobra R Member

Hawgman,

How did you get three up there? Also, How did you tie into the fuel pressure for your gauge??

Don, BTW have you priced the nexus lately? there is a good write up on it in Mustang Enthusiast on it. I liked where they tapped into the water temp......no drilling
Old 5/3/06, 07:36 AM
Mach 1 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ May 3, 2006, 4:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hawgman,

How did you get three up there? Also, How did you tie into the fuel pressure for your gauge??
Don, BTW have you priced the nexus lately? there is a good write up on it in Mustang Enthusiast on it. I liked where they tapped into the water temp......no drilling
[/b][/quote]

Yeah how did you get 3 up there...did you just chop one sos pod in 1/2? Do you have any side shots? The SOS is the best looking one hands down.
Old 5/3/06, 09:18 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ May 3, 2006, 2:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>Don, BTW have you priced the nexus lately? there is a good write up on it in Mustang Enthusiast on it. I liked where they tapped into the water temp......no drilling
[/b][/quote]

I haven't priced the Nexus since I bought mine last month. Please don't tell me prices went down. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]

Since I quit reading Mustang Enthusiast (too tame for me), where did they put the H2O sensor? I'm planning on putting it on the crossover tube on the drivers side.

Old 5/3/06, 09:36 AM

Alan from SOS gave some people on modularfords.com extra pods to put a 3rd one in on their own. He refused to at first but after excessant harassment he finally gave in. Pretty sure they will be making a 3 pod pillar at some point because everyone is asking for it.

On a side note they are starting to ship pillars for convertibles
Old 5/3/06, 09:39 AM
Cobra Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traffic142 @ May 3, 2006, 4:27 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hawgman,

[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NOLAGT @ May 3, 2006, 8:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Yeah how did you get 3 up there...did you just chop one sos pod in 1/2? Do you have any side shots? The SOS is the best looking one hands down.
[/b][/quote]

Don and I got another setup and split the pods.
It takes work. You have to shorten the pod about an inch to get the stagger correct on the gauge faces. Makes it look awkward from a side view. But it's not like I am going to be looking at it from the passengers seat anyway.

I used a Zex fuel rail sensor adaptor to be able to add the fuel pressure sensor.

Here is a side pic
[attachmentid=48227]
Old 5/3/06, 09:52 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dustindu4 @ May 3, 2006, 8:39 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Alan from SOS gave some people on modularfords.com extra pods to put a 3rd one in on their own. He refused to at first but after excessant harassment he finally gave in. Pretty sure they will be making a 3 pod pillar at some point because everyone is asking for it.[/b][/quote]
If they do come out with a 3-gauge pod, I bet it won't be for a long time.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(hawgman @ May 3, 2006, 8:42 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don and I got another setup and split the pods.
It takes work. You have to shorten the pod about an inch to get the stagger correct on the gauge faces. Makes it look awkward from a side view. But it's not like I am going to be looking at it from the passengers seat anyway. [/b][/quote]
I was waiting to see how yours turned out before I tried it. hahaha. I'm still not sure how (or even if) I'm going to try and add it. Still thinking about it.
Old 5/3/06, 10:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Shoot I dont think it looks funny from the side at all [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink.gif[/img]

If your running a s/c or turbo how many guages does one really need. I would guess boost, a/f, and fuel as a min.?

Would it possible to add the 3rd pod to the side where the shift light is and then move the shift light to the top. That way you might not have to shorten the pod.
Old 5/3/06, 10:44 AM

I have four gauges right now (AFR, Fuel Press, H2O Temp, Boost/Vac), but I'd like to add a 5th (Oil Press). I thought of adding the pod where the shift light sits, but the problem I see is running wires to it. You'd have to go through one of the other pods, and there may not be room. But, I haven't completely given up on the idea.

And hawg... I need a decal like you have on your mirror. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]
Old 5/3/06, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

It seems it would look good there I just didnt know if it was possible.

Ahhhhahahaha I didnt even see that sticker the first time....good eye don!
Old 5/3/06, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

that sticker is awesome, i remember seeing them a while back. I need to get some now.
Old 5/3/06, 11:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Don't they have one that said something along the lines of "objects in mirror appear to be slower than you" That would be funny too. Where do you get these?

Quick Reply: Raptor shift light using speed of sound pods