Search this Thread

Old 10/28/06, 01:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am confused - my turn ?
Old 10/28/06, 04:29 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eci
Thinking people with detectors are "cheaters" and "willful violators of the law" is ignorant. I bought a detector after ticketed for 66 in a 65 on I8 in San Diego. No attitude. Cop asked how fast.... with no attitude I said " I swear I wasn't going over 65 ". He said, " you're wrong, you were going 66 and I have a zero tolerance policy against speeders ".

Pigs are pigs.

PS: I beat that PIG in court after going to SD Speedo and Tach in SD, having my speedo checked, and proved it read 1 MPH over at 65 in 5th gear. The judge told the officer he needed to exercise better judgment regarding slight speedometer error.
I don't blame you one bit on fighting that one, a ticket for 1 over is just ignorant. It only makes the public trust law enfornement less, and makes us all look bad. I would actually prefer not writing any tickets, it takes forever and is a pain in the rear. However if I stop 100 cars in a month and issue 1 ticket, I would get a talking to from the man. Not saying I have a quota, because I do not. It's more of an expectation of being productive (work-wise, not $$-wise) and not letting everyone off the hook all the time.
Old 10/29/06, 08:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by theedge67
I don't blame you one bit on fighting that one, a ticket for 1 over is just ignorant. It only makes the public trust law enfornement less, and makes us all look bad. I would actually prefer not writing any tickets, it takes forever and is a pain in the rear. However if I stop 100 cars in a month and issue 1 ticket, I would get a talking to from the man. Not saying I have a quota, because I do not. It's more of an expectation of being productive (work-wise, not $$-wise) and not letting everyone off the hook all the time.

It's not a quota, it is a performance metric
Old 10/29/06, 08:53 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Just installed my Solo S2 with a custom rearview mirror mount.

More pics in my album.

Old 10/29/06, 12:29 PM
Cobra Member

Bill that looks awesome! Very clean install.
Old 10/29/06, 01:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Does that block your peripheral vision? I sometimes wish my rearview were placed much higher up.
Old 10/29/06, 01:27 PM
G.T
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by metroplex
I sometimes wish my rearview were placed much higher up.
you know, lately i realized you can actually move the whole mirror up and down!! i'm not talking about tilting the mirror itself, but rather the cylinder mount between the mirror and the glass can also be tilted up and down, effectively raising or lowering the mirror by about 2"

!! make sure you do it gently, as i recall someone broke their glass by pulling the mirror a bit hard !!
Old 10/29/06, 01:34 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SlamMan02
Bill that looks awesome! Very clean install.
Thanks! I do like the fact that it's cordless and that it can be removed on the fly.

Does that block your peripheral vision?.
Not too much. At first it was kind of 'in the way', but after driving around for a while, it wasn't a big deal.
Old 10/29/06, 04:41 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eci
Thinking people with detectors are "cheaters" and "willful violators of the law" is ignorant. I bought a detector after ticketed for 66 in a 65 on I8 in San Diego. No attitude. Cop asked how fast.... with no attitude I said " I swear I wasn't going over 65 ". He said, " you're wrong, you were going 66 and I have a zero tolerance policy against speeders ".

Pigs are pigs.

PS: I beat that PIG in court after going to SD Speedo and Tach in SD, having my speedo checked, and proved it read 1 MPH over at 65 in 5th gear. The judge told the officer he needed to exercise better judgment regarding slight speedometer error.
I will preface this by saying that I know that not every LE agency out there is as professional as it could be and every agency has crappy guys just as they have stellar guys.

Now on to my response to your childish tantrum

I have said it before and I will say it again... I think all these tickets I hear about for 1-3 over are complete BS! I have people come up to me all the time and want to tell me about me about how the police officer that stopped them a week ago was 'rude' and gave them a ticket for 5 over. What they fail to mention is they were an azzhole on the side of the road and that they were really going 20 over.

I have had my share of complaints about how I dealt with people on the side of the road because I am a very blunt person... the beautiful thing is people are generally oblivious to the fact that I have a microphone on my shirt and would never even think about the flashing red light in my windshield. When they want to call and say I was rude to them... the tape shows that they were just getting back much less than what they deserved... whether or not THEY think they deserved how the were talked to or not is mute... it's what common sense (which most of the motoring public doesn't have) tells you is a proper response to "What did you stop me for... I WAS NOT speeding..." Just because mommy and daddy never taught you to take responsibilty for the things you have done and to man up and take your punishment... it's not my problem. If you talk to police officers the way you would talk to your grandmother... I would be willing to bet that most of you would recieve more warnings and fewer tickets. I lipped off to my 85 year old grandfather when I was 10... I got a mouthful of laundry soap and his cane across my butt... I didn't ever do that again.... imagine what would happen if the cop you lip off to tases you when you lip off.

BTW... the whole name calling thing doesn't bother me... call me what you want... I still have the ability to ticket you, tow your car, and deny your freedom if your violations are serious enough... all you can manage to do is call me names I've heard 100's of times before. I'm sure the next time your house is broken into, you aren't going to be greeting the officer who gets the complaint as Pig... you're going to be kissing his *** in hopes that you might actually get your great grandmother's silverware back.

It's not a quota, it is a performance metric
And if you saw me sitting in the median not stopping the guy who flew past you... you'd complain that I wasn't earning the BS paycheck that you are so willing to say that you pay me. BTW... can I get a raise... I'm only going to just break 6 figures this year... that's completely unacceptable as I've buried 1 close friend, 1 academy classmate, and a fellow Trooper who I did not work with this year... oh yeah... and 2 more guys were shot but survived.
Old 10/29/06, 04:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm sure the next time your house is broken into, you aren't going to be greeting the officer who gets the complaint as Pig... you're going to be kissing his *** in hopes that you might actually get your great grandmother's silverware back.
Cops are not absolutely required to respond to 911 calls. I've experienced this first hand when they told me to drive to the police station or wait at least 20-30 minutes (traffic accident). There was also a news report awhile back about how people called 911 and found out that cops weren't required to come to your house in case someone breaks in.

Luckily, that is why we have the castle doctrine, shall-issue CCWs, and firearms in case someone breaks into your house. It would take at least 10-15 minutes for police to respond and that'd be too late in a worst case scenario. Guess which group of people are generally against allowing law abiding citizens to own firearms? Police chiefs and law enforcement agencies (Notice I did not say individual police officers). Police departments are also in cohoots with insurance companies in a scam called traffic cameras and speed traps.
It is important to vote but it is more important to know who you are voting for!!
Old 10/29/06, 04:59 PM
eci
Banned

Originally Posted by Trooper4985

BTW... the whole name calling thing doesn't bother me... call me what you want... I still have the ability to ticket you, tow your car, and deny your freedom if your violations are serious enough... all you can manage to do is call me names I've heard 100's of times before. I'm sure the next time your house is broken into, you aren't going to be greeting the officer who gets the complaint as Pig... you're going to be kissing his *** in hopes that you might actually get your great grandmother's silverware back.

From reading your posts, I find you to be a disgrace of an officer. My father is a retired FBI agent of 30 years. I have respect for *real* LEO's, not jerkoffs who like to brag about towing people's cars, and saying they'll ticket anyone with a radar detector...just to be a *****.

As far as my house being broken into, I had a false alarm a few months ago ( 1st one ever ). ADT called the police, and they were too lazy to show. Thankfully, I traced the problem to a faulty motion sensor, and it wasn't an actual breakin. I don't count on the cops for a **** thing, because they're too busy writing bull**** tickets and being ****** like you.

You're the worst cop I've ever heard of. You are a cop on a powertrip, and a bully. The worst cop imaginable. A little punk. Guess what... I think you're a joke. Your hope that I'd be intimidated or somehow scared of you has backfired.
Old 10/29/06, 05:05 PM
Cobra Member

BTW... can I get a raise... I'm only going to just break 6 figures this year... that's completely unacceptable as I've buried 1 close friend, 1 academy classmate, and a fellow Trooper who I did not work with this year... oh yeah... and 2 more guys were shot but survived.

Thats pretty good for being in law enforcement, what exactly do you do? Once I get out of college, Im planning/hoping to get into the D.E.A. One of my mom's really good friends husband (Ya Ya I know Moms, friends, uncles, grandmothers, daughters blah blah ) is in the D.E.A. and hopefully I can use him to get my "foot in the door"
Old 10/29/06, 05:09 PM
eci
Banned

Thats pretty good for being in law enforcement, what exactly do you do? Once I get out of college, Im planning/hoping to get into the D.E.A. One of my mom's really good friends husband (Ya Ya I know Moms, friends, uncles, grandmothers, daughters blah blah ) is in the D.E.A. and hopefully I can use him to get my "foot in the door"
He's a supercop. Radar detector ticket writer. They make the big bucks.

Actually he just hates everyone and has a chip on his shoulder. Within a few years he should explode on a citizen and get busted by IA.
Old 10/29/06, 05:11 PM
eci
Banned

BTW... can I get a raise... I'm only going to just break 6 figures this year... that's completely unacceptable as I've buried 1 close friend, 1 academy classmate, and a fellow Trooper who I did not work with this year... oh yeah... and 2 more guys were shot but survived.
Woopty freakin do. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps and buried PIECES of some of my friends. We were making $30k/year at the time. Cry me a river.
Old 10/29/06, 05:34 PM
Cobra Member

You know this is a forum right, so why do you take everything so seriously? Just lighten up a little bit, its not like saying anything to him is going to make a difference.
Old 10/29/06, 06:01 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by eci
Woopty freakin do. I served 4 years in the Marine Corps and buried PIECES of some of my friends. We were making $30k/year at the time. Cry me a river.
You have a PM

BTW... have you ever noticed that button at the bottom of your posts that says 'edit'... it's a pretty handy little tool. I will demonstrate.

Originally Posted by eci
You're the worst cop I've ever heard of. You are a cop on a powertrip, and a bully. The worst cop imaginable. A little punk. Guess what... I think you're a joke. Your hope that I'd be intimidated or somehow scared of you has backfired.
Anyone who is intimidated over the internet needs to crawl back under their mommy's dress. Those who deserve respect get respect... those who don't... don't... how does that make me a bully. I let decent people go all the time for doing much more than I hammer less than decent people for. Don't do something to attract attention from me and you don't have to worry about how much of a hammer I am on the road.

Thats pretty good for being in law enforcement, what exactly do you do?
I wear this uniform. I'm not top step yet but I have already worked 492.25 hours of OT this year... and I made a boat load in pennystocks this year too.... LFZA has been very good to me. Suffolk PD makes more than us (because COL is outrageous on LI) but our PBA said they are going to make us the highest paid in NY.... they're doing good so far... I came on in '02 when Troopers topped out at $55k. The contract in that link expires on 03/31/07 so we should go up from there.
Old 10/29/06, 06:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

My comment was my standard reply to anyone who tries to tell me they pay my salary or somehow implies that I owe them something simply because I am a police officer.
Local townships in this area recently voted on whether or not to increase tax millage to fund the SALARIES of new officers and to pay for their new police cars. Only 20% of the voters voted and it wasn't surprising that the ballot passed and our taxes are going through the roof yet again to help fund ticket writing and speed traps.
Old 10/29/06, 06:39 PM
GT Member

Local townships in this area recently voted on whether or not to increase tax millage to fund the SALARIES of new officers and to pay for their new police cars. Only 20% of the voters voted and it wasn't surprising that the ballot passed and our taxes are going through the roof yet again to help fund ticket writing and speed traps.
What is mileage tax? I know what it is for truckers but I've never heard of passenger vehicles being subject to permit fees other than registration fees and gas guzzler tax. Don't speed and move out in the country where there is little or no crime? Don't know what else to tell you.

Binding arbitration is a beautiful thing. Fortunately for me... I don't have to worry about some BS vote... Albany tries to screw us and an arbitrator tells Albany what they are going to pay us.... it's not the best system but I'm not going to complain when I'm making 2-3 times the median FAMILY income all by myself.
Old 10/29/06, 06:44 PM
GT Member

Double post
Old 10/29/06, 07:59 PM
Cobra Member

I wear this uniform. I'm not top step yet but I have already worked 492.25 hours of OT this year... and I made a boat load in pennystocks this year too.... LFZA has been very good to me. Suffolk PD makes more than us (because COL is outrageous on LI) but our PBA said they are going to make us the highest paid in NY.... they're doing good so far... I came on in '02 when Troopers topped out at $55k. The contract in that link expires on 03/31/07 so we should go up from there.
Jezz NY treats you guys very well...I looked up salaries for Troopers here in TX and they start at high 30s, but I guess once OT is figured in its not terrible.

Quick Reply: Radar Detectors