GT Performance Mods 2005+ Mustang GT Performance and Technical Information

Questions regarding the Passport GTimer GT1

Search this Thread

Old 3/21/05, 05:47 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

I am having trouble getting mine set up, as far as measuring HP. Any of you who got the a GTimer for your '05 or even if you had one from an earlier car, can you help me out in setting mine up? And hopefully some useful info will be posted by those who have one already and are familiar with setting it up to accurately calibrate for a particular car.

It says you need to put in three variables...

1. The vehicle weight (I put 3,650 because the curb weight of the '05 is 3,450 plus my 200 lbs.).

2. Horsepower speed range. Here is where I'm really having trouble. It says to put in the minimum HP speed as the speed at which the car travels when shifting from 1st to 2nd, and the maximum HP speed as the speed at which the car is going when shifting from 2nd to 3rd (I put in 15 and 25 respectively, because that's when my auto shifts from 1-2 and 2-3).

3. The horspower factor (I put 1.19 because that has been the average gain of HP at the rear wheel to HP at the flywheel and I want it to read the flywheel... for example say 310 instead of 260 at the wheels).

After all that, I did my first run today. I didn't get on it quite as hard as I could but I managed to get a run of 0-60 in 5.02 seconds. Not bad because I have room to improve, but it said that I had 96 HP. Not sure what that is all about, but it's way off. I think it may be the second setting which is the minimum and maximum HP speed range. I went and changed that back to default which was 30 mph and 50 mph. Then I did another practice run and then it said I had 207 HP. So, what's going on? Can somone who has a GTimer and has experience with it help me figure out what I need to put as my min and max here so I can get an accurate run?

Thanks in advance.
Old 3/22/05, 04:04 PM
FR500 Member

I just wanted to bring this back to the top to hopefully get some advice from people who have the GTimer GT1 (or GT2) who may have not seen this post.
Old 3/23/05, 07:27 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the most part I left my settings as default with the min/max HP settings. The only settings I changed were the CDA and the curb weight I think. I got pretty accurate results -- being HP from the flywheel. 0-60 4.66 @ 331HP (SCT tune and MMR intake). These are the expected gains published from the mods, so I say that the defaults work ok. With that said, I have not attempted to measure the HP at the rear wheels....didn't even know it could do that. If anyone else has info on how to measure the HP at the rear wheels....FILL US IN PLEASE!!!!!
Old 3/23/05, 08:36 AM
FR500 Member

Thanks for the info, Roy. As far as measuring HP at the wheels, I believe it is already set by default to do that. You then set the HP factor to 1.19, in the '05 GT's case, and it will multiply that number by 1.19 and give you the actual HP at the flywheel. If you left your HP factor at default (1) then it's telling you that you have 331 HP at the rear wheels! So, something isn't right here. I left my min/max HP settings on default and it said I had 207 HP, yet I went 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. :scratch:
Old 3/23/05, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by acadian@March 23, 2005, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the info, Roy. As far as measuring HP at the wheels, I believe it is already set by default to do that. You then set the HP factor to 1.19, in the '05 GT's case, and it will multiply that number by 1.19 and give you the actual HP at the flywheel. If you left your HP factor at default (1) then it's telling you that you have 331 HP at the rear wheels! So, something isn't right here. I left my min/max HP settings on default and it said I had 207 HP, yet I went 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. :scratch:

Really? Well if that's the case, then it is way off! I let a friend borrow it but when I get it back I will be sure to read the instructions cover-to-cover and apply the appropriate settings for the HP. thanks for the heads up Ian!
Old 3/23/05, 09:50 AM
FR500 Member

I am waiting for the member M1Rifle to PM me back or post here. He has the GT1 and hopefully he'll have some info.